Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun No.6 BBC Docucrap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

I guarantee that not one of my deactivated handguns - all previously owned by me as shooters - could be reactivated to fire ANY kind of ammunition. As Gunny notes above, so much has been physically removed from the few parts that still move, a cutting torch has been used to remove part of the chamber and replace it with a raggedy-edged hole with the weld holding in the piece of silver steel rod that is pressed down the barrel with a 100 ton hydraulic press. With a semi-auto pistol, the breech block has been milled away at 45 degrees and the loading ramp removed in total. With a revolver, the entire centre of the cylinder has been machined out, and a steel ring welded in place. Aha!!! I hear you say, what if I get hold of a cylinder?

Go ahead and try that one. New EU-compliant cylinders are welded into the frames.......

But hey, why go to all the trouble, when at least 4 million Makarov pistols are unaccounted for in the FSU countries, and Skorpion sub-machine guns arrive in this country with no serial numbers, in what appears to be factory packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You can blame the EU too, for not getting off their arses and implementing the EU directive on deactivation 8years ago until Paris and Charlie Hebdo and the Bataclan happened. Also as pointed out the problem isnt deacting in the EU,it is Russian Marakov copies and the like coming in from Kaliningrad, and other stuff coming up the Balkan route from Armenia,Turkey and the Balkan states with truckloads of heroin.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    You can blame the EU too, for not getting off their arses and implementing the EU directive on deactivation 8years ago until Paris and Charlie Hebdo and the Bataclan happened. Also as pointed out the problem isnt deacting in the EU,it is Russian Marakov copies and the like coming in from Kaliningrad, and other stuff coming up the Balkan route from Armenia,Turkey and the Balkan states with truckloads of heroin.

Its hardly a surprise that its russian guns that are flooding in, the russians are doing their best to undermine and upset everything in europe.

I'm waiting the headline in the Irish media one day.
    "Local council elections probed for possible Russian influence.":rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

gunny123 wrote: »
    Its hardly a surprise that its russian guns that are flooding in, the russians are doing their best to undermine and upset everything in europe.

The Russians burnt my toast and **** on my lawn too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

The Russians burnt my toast and **** on my lawn too!

and I suspect it was the Russians who got into our release pen and flittered two dozen poults on us last summer !

Figured something out...There are now more dead from illegal firearm shootings in 2018 alone than there have been in both Dunblane and Hungerford put together,with the last 20 years of misused civil firearms in the UK ... Gun control really works...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

and I suspect it was the Russians who got into our release pen and flittered two dozen poults on us last summer !

Watch out for a little guy in a black trenchcoat and fedora. Goes by the name B Badinoff. Accompanied by a tall angular woman, first name Natasha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Watch out for a little guy in a black trenchcoat and fedora. Goes by the name B Badinoff. Accompanied by a tall angular woman, first name Natasha.

Lol..them two feckers are everywhere...

• Advertisement
Advertisement