Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Aargh the waiting for the rejection is the worst. hurry up PJ

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

Rejected as well. Good luck everyone else.

Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

sexmag wrote: »
    Just got my rejection notice via public jobs.

Good luck everyone
    Rejected as well. Good luck everyone else.

Good luck to you both in whatever else you apply for.

Hard luck guys. Any get good news yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Good luck to you both in whatever else you apply for.

I didn't know they did rejection letters. Just thought they did the tests and kicked you off that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Didn't think they'd announce anything so quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

No rejection notice here, dunno if that means I got through shortlisting or if ijust haven't got my PFO notice yet, anyone get anything positive???

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

I haven't got any correspondence yet either.. I'm hoping no news is good news. Hard luck to the guys that got the disappointing news and thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Nothing here either. Hard luck to those we lost :(

It's very quiet this morning, anyone hear anything today?

• Advertisement

Mac0783 wrote: »

Not heard anything yet

Same, but anything I've ever gotten from Public Jobs came in around 4pm

Same here but I thought when they'd started in batches they might keep going this morning.

Same here but I thought when they'd started in batches they might keep going this morning.

I'm not sure there would be enough applicants to need to send them out in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Nothing so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Have the number of positions on offer or applicants been released anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CK2019

Haven’t heard anything either. But as someone else mentioned it’s always been at least early evening before I’ve got notifications from them.

Mc Love posted a few days ago some articles about the numbers. An old one from 2007, suggested there may be 26 odd places, but also said over 220 applied for the very top jobs (of 3) so the applications may be larger than we think.
    A later article posted said there may be around 20 jobs or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maldesu wrote: »
    Mc Love posted a few days ago some articles about the numbers. An old one from 2007, suggested there may be 26 odd places, but also said over 220 applied for the very top jobs (of 3) so the applications may be larger than we think.
    A later article posted said there may be around 20 jobs or so.

I'd say that one from 2007 was probably the launch of the service given there were that many positions available.

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'd say that one from 2007 was probably the launch of the service given there were that many positions available.

Aye, but not a whole lot of movement in 11 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

I havnt heard anything either here, good or bad.

I wonder what way they are doing it? I guess they looked through the applications and the first stage is based off experience weather you got through or not? Or anyone any other logical guess?

I called and asked and am no wiser after the call. Apparently they haven't contacted with results yet the only reason they contacted people so far was if there was an issue with their application form. She said they will contact everyone together and it wont be for another few weeks??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

I called and asked and am no wiser after the call. Apparently they haven't contacted with results yet the only reason they contacted people so far was if there was an issue with their application form. She said they will contact everyone together and it wont be for another few weeks??

Strange,here's what they said to me

"I refer to your application for the above named competition.  Following an examination by this office it has been determined that you have not demonstrated on your application form that you meet the eligibility requirements for this competition. 

Therefore, your application can receive no further consideration, on this occasion."

No mention of an error and if there was it's a bit unfair to say I didn't demonstrate the requirements if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaraOCL

I would call to follow up on the basis of the information relayed to the previous poster. The wording could be a bit more tactful if that is the case, but it would be good to find out what happened.
    I had a quick scan of the thread from the campaign a few years prior; really hard to ascertain what way they’ll whittle it down to the chosen few. Are online assessments a given with all CS campaigns? I’m incredibly green when it comes to them, but this particular role has really piqued my interest.
    I would imagine it will be incredibly competitive gauging by the interest demonstrated by my peer group alone, and that many positions would be filled internally? Hopefully not, and we’ll keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

"I refer to your application for the above named competition.  Following an examination by this office it has been determined that you have not demonstrated on your application form that you meet the eligibility requirements for this competition. 

Therefore, your application can receive no further consideration, on this occasion."

No mention of an error and if there was it's a bit unfair to say I didn't demonstrate the requirements if that's the case

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the previous poster mentioned that the PAS stated that they contacted people with results, "if there was an issue" with the application. They never said there was an error.

The issue may be any number of things. It could be a failure to demonstrate the required experience for the role, or a failure to demonstrate a reasonable understanding of the requirements of the role, or insufficiently outlining career and/or educational achievements "to date which clearly demonstrates your suitability to meet the challenges of the role of Crime and Policing Analyst". (P.4 Application Form)

As other posters have said, by all means, ask the PAS for more detail. You may get a suitable response, but they are quite the masters of ambiguous statements!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

Can you ring them and ask them to clarify how you didn't meet eligibility? Sounds strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ArtfulPodger

I got an email regarding not being eligible and i emailed back to see where i fell down and they said it wasn't clear that my academic qualifications met the required criteria but they were happy to let me proceed in the competition (if i wanted) and at a later stage it would be up to me to prove i have the qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

If in doubt as to why you have been regarded as ineligible, go and ask them but be quick. I was given the opportunity to resubmit my application due to an error that I didn't know was on it. Ring them and ask ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Chase it up, worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 gabbyannie

Long time lurker on Boards - first time setting up an account and posting.

Also hoping that no news is good news. Wondering what kind of backgrounds that successful candidates in previous competitions had. Couldn’t gleam much information from other threads.

I have an undergraduate and masters degree in Psychology, and have a solid background in research - albeit in academic settings. Currently work in the private sector in an administration/coordination role. Fingers crossed and best of luck to all ðŸ€

Advertisement