Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Pippool23 wrote: »
    Evening everybody, just received an email from AGS that my vetting has been complete, that took a while. in the email they said them will be sending 3 forms to be completed. Does anyone know once I get these forms back to them, is it another long wait until they place me somewhere. Thanks for any help

How long did vetting take

EJHO28 wrote: »
    Hi did Anyone that got templemore AGS get clearance or start dates yet

Nothing yet got the call from clearance 4 weeks ago

Just realised I have an email from vetting, says a disclosure has been made to PAS.

I'm now getting worried as I don't have any criminal record, never even got points on my licence

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Just realised I have an email from vetting, says a disclosure has been made to PAS.

I'm now getting worried as I don't have any criminal record, never even got points on my licence

As far as i know a disclosure means that its complete and findings relayed back to PAS. So everyone gets that regardless of whether they're criminals or law abiding citizens. I always get that email anyway after doing vetting

lamb stew wrote: »
    As far as i know a disclosure means that its complete and findings relayed back to PAS. So everyone gets that regardless of whether they're criminals or law abiding citizens. I always get that email anyway after doing vetting

Frightened the life out of me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Disclosure just means they’ve completed vetting and handed it over to PAS...mine said the same 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

How long did vetting take
    All in all took nearly 5 months. Hopefully you won't have to wait that long. Still haven't been told where I will be assigned yet. They have to check with references. Hopefully this part won't take as long as the vetting

All in all took nearly 5 months. Hopefully you won't have to wait that long. Still haven't been told where I will be assigned yet. They have to check with references. Hopefully this part won't take as long as the vetting

5 months takes me to January, which suits me perfectly. They have said AGS templemore, don't k ow if college or GS. I presume it's college as GS is tiny

5 months takes me to January, which suits me perfectly. They have said AGS templemore, don't k ow if college or GS. I presume it's college as GS is tiny
    I would imagine it will be the college. At least you know where you are going

How long does the checking of references take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

How long does the checking of references take.

When I got the call from public jobs to offer me a place in Meath to then getting a call with my start date was about 5 days references are checked once you accept an offer so only a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

Paris123 wrote: »
    Hi, I have just been offered AGS, anybody know what the role of CO there is like and hours of work, will be 9-5, Monday to Friday?

Its flexi hours Monday to Friday :) you have to work 7hrs 24mins each day i normally work 8-4 and take half n hour for lunch :)

SE2020 wrote: »
    When I got the call from public jobs to offer me a place in Meath to then getting a call with my start date was about 5 days references are checked once you accept an offer so only a few days

Thanks, but do you just give the name of the references or fill out a form etc, also what timeframe would you be looking at between passing reference clearance etc and actually starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

Thanks, but do you just give the name of the references or fill out a form etc, also what timeframe would you be looking at between passing reference clearance etc and actually starting.

I am currently working in the same place the last few years so they just asked me was that still the case when she offered me the job and they would contact HR where I was to get a reference ..then 5 days later the place I was assigned to called me to give me a start date and I'm starting next week so all in all a month from when public jobs contacted me with offer to starting

• Registered Users Posts: 3 munchybanana

I placed in Batch 3 for stage 2 of the most recent tests in Dublin. What are the chances of being called for interview??

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Hi just got results back for the Westmeath supervised tests. Does anyone know how many was in batch 1 and 2. Im in batch 3!. I presume its unlikely to reach my number?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Well, I passed supervised test and was in batch 4. This was for Co Meath, but I had Louth as 1st choice.

What would this mean if I'm successful in my interview. Would I end up in Meath?

Secondly how far are we in Louth/Meath for placements?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Paris123

KatieD88 wrote: »
    Its flexi hours Monday to Friday :) you have to work 7hrs 24mins each day i normally work 8-4 and take half n hour for lunch :)

Thank you for that, is this every garda station throughout the country or just the large ones that work flexi-time? mine will be in a small-medium sized town and not a huge station.

Trying to make sure its a Monday-Friday position as cannot work weekends/public holidays due to my partners work ;-)
    Flexi-time sounds great though if they all operate like this :-)

Thank you for that, is this every garda station throughout the country or just the large ones that work flexi-time? mine will be in a small-medium sized town and not a huge station.

Trying to make sure its a Monday-Friday position as cannot work weekends/public holidays due to my partners work ;-)
    Flexi-time sounds great though if they all operate like this :-)

Im fairly sure all civilians in Garda Stations work the flexi hours :) it will be Monday to Friday I've been working in one in Dublin since February and i love it moving to one in Waterford tho as im commuting from Wexford to Dublin and its a horrible commute just waiting on my transfer to go through :)

Sounds ideal... I take it you don't work bank holidays either so...hoping my vetting won't be delayed to long but I heard its longer with AGS, which is understandable. :-)

Hope you get back to Waterford soon to avoid that commute
    😉👍🤗

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Cmckeo

Well, I passed supervised test and was in batch 4. This was for Co Meath, but I had Louth as 1st choice.

What would this mean if I'm successful in my interview. Would I end up in Meath?

Secondly how far are we in Louth/Meath for placements?

Many thanks.

Exactly the same here, I’m none the wiser about where I stand.
    I think you can turn down the first county you get offered and hold out for your 1st choice, but there would be no guarantees that they would reach your place in the panel for your county of choice.

Sounds ideal... I take it you don't work bank holidays either so...hoping my vetting won't be delayed to long but I heard its longer with AGS, which is understandable. :-)

Hope you get back to Waterford soon to avoid that commute
    😉ðŸ‘🀗

Nope no Bank Holidays and closed Christmas Day and Stephens Day and New Years.. I waited 12 weeks which wasn't too bad :) thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Sweetpea90

Still waiting to be called for supervised test. Beginning to lose hope now. Areas are tipp and laois. Anyone know how far they have called to in those areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mcevoy29

Sweetpea90 wrote: »
    Still waiting to be called for supervised test. Beginning to lose hope now. Areas are tipp and laois. Anyone know how far they have called to in those areas?

They’ve gotten to 134 for Laois. Not sure about Tipperary.

KatieD88 wrote: »
    Nope no Bank Holidays and closed Christmas Day and Stephens Day and New Years.. I waited 12 weeks which wasn't too bad :) thanks so much :)
    Ah thanks for that... The hours sound great
    ������

• Registered Users Posts: 11 amc112

mcevoy29 wrote: »
    They’ve gotten to 134 for Laois. Not sure about Tipperary.

Tipp have reached 400 anyway

Just been giving my position with AGS in Harcourt Street, starting the end of September. I am very happy. It was a long wait but looking forward to getting started.

Just been giving my position with AGS in Harcourt Street, starting the end of September. I am very happy. It was a long wait but looking forward to getting started.

When did you get your initial offer

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Outhere

Does anyone know what batch number Cork is on for interviews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mcevoy29

I placed in Batch 3 for stage 2 of the most recent tests in Dublin. What are the chances of being called for interview??

Usually depends on what county you applied for and how many jobs are available

Advertisement