Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Have been a listener to his show whenever i can for maybe few years now. Great music, style,attitude etc etc. Think he was on afternoon show while back. The one that now presented by Derek Mooney - who i hate. Mooney even has an I hate Derek Mooney page on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Wow!

How good was that last song?!

EDIT: 'Samhradh Samhradh' by The Gloaming.

Lounging on the beach, watching the beautiful red sunset, Creedo on the radio.

Life is sweeeeeet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Only started listening to this show recently while studying. He's got an excellent taste in music and a grand manner to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Entonces

love the variety of music on the show. have discovered many new fantastic bands and genres from listening. where else would you get a bit of calypso on a wednesday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Lounging on the beach, watching the beautiful red sunset, Creedo on the radio.

Life is sweeeeeet :)

Enjoy WM!....:)

As the mammy would say, "from from it you were reared!"....:P

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

I never appreciated John on tv, but I think his radio show is the best in the country, and by a country mile.

On a side note, John was also famous on radio in the past under a stage name Terance when he regularly chatted with the late Gerry Ryan and topped the Irish singles charts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1GugWJhTuU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

corkonion wrote: »
    I never appreciated John on tv, but I think his radio show is the best in the country, and by a country mile.

On a side note, John was also famous on radio in the past under a stage name Terance when he regularly chatted with the late Gerry Ryan and topped the Irish singles charts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1GugWJhTuU

REALLY? Holy feck, I never realised that at all. Not too sure whether he's gone up or down in my estimation... maybe I should just put it down to his folly of youth!

Good eclectic mix tonight from Fiachna, doubt Creedo would play My Bloody Valentine.

Gold star also for playing 'Samhradh Samhradh' by The Gloaming last night...sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

Have been listening for a few months now to this show, actually this thread prompted me to give it a try, I really enjoy it and listen whenever I can! I really like the South Wind Blows too. Finding myself listening to RTE Radio 1 more and more now, has to be a sign I'm getting old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have been listening for a few months now to this show, actually this thread prompted me to give it a try, I really enjoy it and listen whenever I can! I really like the South Wind Blows too. Finding myself listening to RTE Radio 1 more and more now, has to be a sign I'm getting old!

Glad to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

Listening to John for 20 years. He's still the most likeable man on radio.

Not often you hear an Irish folk song about Super Mario Kart!!

Brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Listening to the show most evenings at this stage while studying. It's a real gem. Very eclectic mix of music, and Creedon has a lovely palaver about him. Kinda Val Joyce in style.

RTE Radio gets a fair bit of stick, but shows like this, The South Wind Blows and the Doc on One are all excellent examples of public service broadcasting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Data_Quest

Love the show as well. He plays an amazing breadth of music and although he does repeat some songs I believe he keeps it to a minimum.

I have started a Spotify playlist that captures some of my favorite music he has played over the last few years. Feel free to post the best tracks that he has introduced you to and I will add to the playlist. For example I did not know anything about Ron Sexsmith until I started to listen to Creedo.

spotify:user:1156178289:playlist:5wezqwCTSv5IpCLOftKks1

http://open.spotify.com/user/1156178289/playlist/5wezqwCTSv5IpCLOftKks1

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I think it is an ageing experience when you migrate to Radio One for Music and not just Current Affairs.
    But the music quality much quite contemporary on Creedons show is excellent i like, much to my chagrin I also like Late Date and Ronan Collins real music lovers radio shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Have really become a fan of the John Creedon show in the last six months or so - head and shoulders above anything else on the dial at present on a night in, night out basis. Like South Wind Blows and Late Date (only when Lilian Smith was presenting it) too but Creedon has this great tendency to play fantastic music every damn night. He could do with binning the Bob Dylan records but that's the only complaint!

Kicking off tonight's show with two from Steely Dan...good call!

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

petronius wrote: »
    I think it is an ageing experience when you migrate to Radio One for Music and not just Current Affairs.
    But the music quality much quite contemporary on Creedons show is excellent i like, much to my chagrin I also like Late Date and Ronan Collins real music lovers radio shows.

Said it before and I'll say it again; you have to turn to RTE 1 and not 2FM for fresh new music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Anyone listening right now? What's the song being sung in Irish?

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »

'Samhradh Samhradh' by The Gloaming.

Absolutely stunning piece of music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

'Samhradh Samhradh' by The Gloaming.

Absolutely stunning piece of music.

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭serfboard

Augmerson wrote: »
    Got a smartphone? Shazam is brilliant for identifying music.

Also, John puts his playlist up on his website. Last night's playlist is here. You'll see "Samhradh Samhradh" by The Gloaming at the end of the list.

The full version of 'Don't Fear The Reaper'.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Started getting really into the show over the last year while doing alot of regular late evening drives at the time and i have to say he's great. Such variety and he's very easy to listen to talk, which to me is very rare on the radio these days.

Loving that song by Megson, 'The Long Shot'.

Welsh Megaman makes it his Record Of The Week, pop-pickers! :cool:

John seems to be playing a lot of Hothouse Flowers this week...has one of them died? :D

No bad thing though - 'Your Love', great song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Loving the show tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kitchenkid

Great stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Not a country music fan in general, but Lyle Lovett is fantastic.

Advertisement