Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Polish Medical Schools

• 21-07-2010 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've been reading about the medical courses for graduates in Poland. anybody have any experience or knowledge about these?
    They look for GAMSAT scores but there is no information about what kind of score you would need to apply. The fees seem to be the same as the grad programmes here.
    I like the idea of being able to go on to post grad training in the U.S.
    Any input/ advice/ criticisms?
    http://www.medschool.cm-uj.krakow.pl/

it says 'Our students are eligible to complete clinical rotation in approved teaching hospitals and our graduates are eligible to enter postgraduate training and apply for licensure in Canada and the US (including State of California), as well as European countries.'

Thank you!
    Suze:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Just FYI Irish graduates can go on to do residency/fellowships in the US also.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Hi Guys,

I've been reading about the medical courses for graduates in Poland. anybody have any experience or knowledge about these?
    They look for GAMSAT scores but there is no information about what kind of score you would need to apply. The fees seem to be the same as the grad programmes here.
    I like the idea of being able to go on to post grad training in the U.S.
    Any input/ advice/ criticisms?
    http://www.medschool.cm-uj.krakow.pl/

it says 'Our students are eligible to complete clinical rotation in approved teaching hospitals and our graduates are eligible to enter postgraduate training and apply for licensure in Canada and the US (including State of California), as well as European countries.'

Thank you!
    Suze:D

Iv heard that entry to these 4 yr programmes are quite competitive as a lot of US students go there.They are good though as they help u set up rotations in the us and prepare u for usmle properly(which most european med schools dont).Plus,since poland is also part of the eu u can apply for jobs here or in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I heard a rumour that they will accept 2:2 degrees, but it was purely that, a rumour. So I've dropped them an email to confirm one way or the other and will post as soon as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that they will accept 2:2 degrees, but it was purely that, a rumour. So I've dropped them an email to confirm one way or the other and will post as soon as I know.

If i were you id consider prague or hungary.Iv heard poland is very easy to pass and that ones education can suffer in the long run as the 4 year programme is a glorified usmle course.Agai,thats just hearsay but if u go to prague u will come out a very competent doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 2 International Medicine

Poland is amazing to study medicine it is cheap and easy. Im an American currenty studying there and plan to go back for rotations and residency. if you need any help in Poland or applying to schools you can contact me admissions @ international-medicine . com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Alexander Martin

Well, if you want to continue studying in the US, then you definitely need high points. Meditsyna is the area in which you must have high level assessments.

Advertisement