Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

George Hook

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would give it a go.....

God I can't stand him or his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Keep it with two presenter but put in Dil Wickremasinghe and Jennifer Zamapdildo and have it heavy on political debate.

Peter Casey first guest. That would go well I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Keep it with two presenter but put in Dil Wickremasinghe and Jennifer Zamapdildo and have it heavy on political debate.

Peter Casey first guest. That would go well I think....

Given that Jen could barely spell her own name never mind pronounce Dil's I reckon that's a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lottie Ryan, no need for an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Fordcspri23

Lottie Ryan, no need for an interview.

She was all the better than Jenny anyway today. No insufferable laugh to be putting up with and listening to scour about her two cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Who cares.

Sell 2FM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

It will be Loddy Ryoin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

I haven't missed a Club Sandwich of Jenny Greene's since this show started, until today, when I had to turn it off.
    Chris and Ciara shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a radio station, he is absolutely horrible to listen to, filling in for jenny and nicky today and making an absolute balls of it.

Kevwoody wrote: »
    I haven't missed a Club Sandwich of Jenny Greene's since this show started, until today, when I had to turn it off.
    Chris and Ciara shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a radio station, he is absolutely horrible to listen to, filling in for jenny and nicky today and making an absolute balls of it.

They would beat Nicky any day though.

Jenny is the only one for playing them sets though.

McDermott needs gone also with his rubbish of banning words off fairy tale of new York

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Kevwoody wrote: »

I think today was the first time Chris & Ciara filled in for Nicky & Jenny

It's hard to see them getting a daytime slot anytime soon, all the daytime shows are doing very well in the listenership figures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I didn't hear the show today but I did think C&C were very good on their 10pm slot and have enjoyed them when they fill in for McDermott.

I also think Nicky and Jenny work well together too, they're not bad by themselves either.

None of them take themselves too seriously and are well able to make fun of themselves as well as others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

There is bound to be a stale packet of biscuits in the RTE canteen that would do a better job than Nicky.
    Couldn't be any worse that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I didn't hear the show today but I did think C&C were very good on their 10pm slot and have enjoyed them when they fill in for McDermott.

I also think Nicky and Jenny work well together too, they're not bad by themselves either.

None of them take themselves too seriously and are well able to make fun of themselves as well as others.

I think it would be very wrong if Dan Healy replaced Jenny Greene with Chris & Ciara while Nicky Byrne was away with Westlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

What was that christmas song on today at around 12.30?

Anyone know it?

Ciara and Chris 2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Dustin the turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

Mickey Byrne !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Anyone, literally anyone. Go to the dole queue and pull someone out of it and offer them the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭its_steve116

gamecube wrote: »
    Eoghan McDermott is the best I think, he mixes the serious with the silly quite well.

He's wasted on Irish radio imo. I think he should be on breakfast or drive on BBC Radio 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

He's wasted on Irish radio imo. I think he should be on breakfast or drive on BBC Radio 1.

This is the same guy (Eoghan McDermott) that a number of posters said that they had never heard of until the recent controversy around Fairy Tale of New York reared its head! I wonder were some being a bit disingenuous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Poor larry gogan is constantly getting mixed up esp with the quiz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bella Doyle

ofcork wrote: »
    Poor larry gogan is constantly getting mixed up esp with the quiz.

Heard that, he couldn't pronounce Kardashian, the poor old codger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bella Doyle

No Fannings festive 50 this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

No Fannings festive 50 this year ?

Probably nobody was voting anymore on the new 2FM, even though they suited it for the Millennials in only choosing the 3 favourite songs since 2000.

Dave should have moved it to Radio 1 or RTE Gold. Shame really - it was essential listening in the 80s and 90s for taping songs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Heard that, he couldn't pronounce Kardashian, the poor old codger

I can't pronounce it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Prince William

With Larry's departure, I wonder will they have an new "oldies" strand at weekends? The throwback hour or throwback Saturday or some such hip thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The throwback hour or throwback Saturday or some such hip thing

what a horrible term, bandied about these days, just like EPIC !!

2FM could relay RTE Gold for those 2 hours on Sat and Sun !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Her star has been on the rise since she clinched the presenting role on Dancing With The Stars, and now it looks like Jennifer Zamparelli will be getting her own radio show.

The 2FM presenter currently hosts the popular Breakfast Republic show with Bernard O’Shea and Keith Walsh. According to the Sunday World, Jennifer (38)will leave the Breakfast Republic in the coming weeks.

It said she will soon replace her Dancing With The Stars colleague Nicky Byrne and Jenny Greene on the later 10am show. Having landed the dance show gig late last year, after Amanda Byram stepped down from the role, Jennifer is fast becoming the golden girl of RTE.

Rumours had been circulating in recent months about Nicky’s departure ahead of Westlife’s comeback tour, but it is now confirmed that the Dublin woman will take the coveted slot.

Zamapelli doing that show by herself is a very bad idea. Her doing it at all is a just a bad idea.

Oh please God no....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

If this happens, I am absolutely finished with 2fm.

I almost gave up on it when they got rid of Will Leahy on Drivetime, if Jenny Greene is replaced with that shouty innuendo obsessed excuse of a DJ, that's it for me.

Jenny Greene is a great DJ and is more than capable of having that show for herself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement