Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 feefs101

Slorpo wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I don't know, last time for me and these public jobs anyway, better off buying a lottery ticket!

No problem I’d be the same. Don’t forget me if you win 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 5 M D

Slorpo wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I don't know, last time for me and these public jobs anyway, better off buying a lottery ticket!

There's a complaints procedure on cpsa.ie but, I don't know....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

Good luck to everyone going forward! I got cut in the shortlisting... A pity as I thought the job seemed interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Risoc

Are interviews starting today?
    I thought we would have received the details of the interview board?

I had an interview last Thursday. They said they aren’t doing interviews concurrently
    Risoc wrote: »
    Are interviews starting today?
    I thought we would have received the details of the interview board?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Can anyone update us on what stage they are at with batch 1 (80 OOM) in this campaign?
    I assume interviews are over and they have given everyone a new order of merit.
    Anyone hear of jobs being offered yet??

Interviews are over. Results due.

Thanks Risoc. I was just shy of making it into batch 1. Wonder will they ever call more for interview - ha prob not! But then again depends on whether enough people actually passed first batch interviews.

Please keep us updated!! TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

I was called for an interview but decided against it so I never turned up for the interview, PAS rang me the same day asking me to come in earlier as a few people didnt turn up that day either. so you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Did the interview panel consist of 3 members and a scribe or is it 2 members like CO? Thanks

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Did the interview panel consist of 3 members and a scribe or is it 2 members like CO? Thanks

3 and a scribe

Results are in.
    I thought I did a decent-ish interview and would have had a good aptitude, relevant experience, etc but no luck unfortunately.

Might give hope to some people outside the 80 interviewed.
    Best of luck to those that succeeded - an interesting job.

Results are in.
    I thought I did a decent-ish interview and would have had a good aptitude, relevant experience, etc but no luck unfortunately.

Hard luck Risoc.

Anyone know how long it might be before they start making offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Results are in.

Sorry to hear that Risoc. Where were you on the OOM if you don't mind me asking? And what region were you after?

I'll PM.

Results are in.

Sorry to hear that Risoc. Yes it sounds an interesting job. Maybe there will be more roles like this created in the coming years. I think the panel will only last 12mths so perhaps they will advertise again at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jano1

Hi all! Does anyone know where in Dublin these jobs will be located?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Garda headquarters in the phoenix park.

Anyone have any idea what a likely start date might be? Would May be too optimistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

When were you offered the job from PAS? It will take at least 12 weeks for extra clearance vetting to be processed. So May sounds about right.

• Advertisement

Looks like they are onto the next stage of interviews. Might want to check the inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 2 raymondc310

Any body already do the interview? any advice or tips on what they will ask would be appreciated greatly!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Anybody able to share any details on the interview process? What areas they focused on or was it a similar interview to other Publicjobs interviews? Also would anybody be able to share any information on the role so far, is there much training provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ElfieSelfie

The interview was in the same format as other interviews I have been to with PAS. There were three interviewers (and one observer taking notes) on the panel and they covered your work history and then each of the competencies. I found the interview to be quite tight for time, so it's essential to get to the main points quickly.

In the teamwork section, the questions focussed on dealing with conflict/difficult situations within a group. For the delivery of results section, the questions focused on how I would approach a research problem/project. Thats all I can remember - hope it is of some help.

I haven't started a position yet as the Garda vetting process is ongoing - we were advised that it would take 12 weeks, but I had hoped it would be quicker than this tbh - I've been waiting 5-6 weeks so far.

Does anybody have any idea when the latest round of interviews were to be complete? Mine was almost 2 weeks ago but not sure if was more after that. Or any idea of the number called for interview this time?

Does anybody have any idea when the latest round of interviews were to be complete? Mine was almost 2 weeks ago but not sure if was more after that. Or any idea of the number called for interview this time?

I'm fairly certain that there were more for the end of this month, so it will be well into June before anything else happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NicolaR123

Doing my interview for this position on Thursday afternoon, think that was the final day of interviews. I was in the second batch of people for interviews (over 80 OOM), so people will probably hear some time in June

Results for this round of interviews is now out.

Results for this round of interviews is now out.

So, more sitting around then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has anyone actually been placed on this. I know CS appointments are a ridiculously long process but over a year by the time vetting is completed would be taking the p!ss.

Advertisement