Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No response from LinkedIn job applications

• 10-12-2018 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Hi,

I have started looking around for a new job. I've noticed that applications through LinkedIn don't get any response.

Now, it may be that companies are just not interested in my application, which is fair enough, but in the past you would at least get an acknowledgement or a 'we regret to inform you...' response.

I am getting nothing back, it's like the applications go into a black hole.

Has anyone else had this experience - or something different so I know whether it's just me!

Thanks,
    seablue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Xios

seablue wrote: »
    Hi,

I have started looking around for a new job. I've noticed that applications through LinkedIn don't get any response.

Now, it may be that companies are just not interested in my application, which is fair enough, but in the past you would at least get an acknowledgement or a 'we regret to inform you...' response.

Has anyone else had this experience - or something different so I know whether it's just me!

Thanks,
    seablue

I've had some success with the quick apply button, i clicked maybe 70 or 80 of them and got 3 interviews out of it. Now my experience and qualifications might have helped, but I was applying for jobs that I met the requirements for.

Maybe your profile needs to be jazzed up a bit, have you looked any guides?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinob50

Xios wrote: »
    I've had some success with the quick apply button, i clicked maybe 70 or 80 of them and got 3 interviews out of it. Now my experience and qualifications might have helped, but I was applying for jobs that I met the requirements for.

Maybe your profile needs to be jazzed up a bit, have you looked any guides?

Wouldn't say 3 interviews out of 70-80 applications is good.

Ok is your CV, experience taloried to the position?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

seablue wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    seablue
    I think personally LinkedIn sucks for job applications: cannot say I tried hard, but sent 3 applications to see if that even works and have not heard even back saying you have applied for this or that job (not to mention the companies I applied to).

If I need to start looking for a new job I dont think LinkedIn will even be used

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

I recently started working on improving my profile, adding more connections and jazzing up my personal description and in the last 3 months I have had 2 recruiters approach me wondering if I am interesting in roles, I am not actively looking but perhaps next year I will think about it of the right opportunity presents itself, so its definitely worth working on your profile, add recruiters as connections

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I simply don’t trust Linkedin.

In the past, if I see the job on LinkedIn I will always got to the employers website and apply directly, maybe there is no difference but I have applied through Linkedin before and also go no response. Direct applications to the company website have a higher response rate for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

My first response to an ad is to ask for the price and the location. Then I give my contact details. I don't waste the time tailoring my CV before I know those two criteria.

Loads of companies have cheap expectations or would require me to spend hours on a commute. Normally the recruiters are pretty decent responding to that initial request.

• In my experience in the last couple of years, employers seem to have gotten out of the habit of promptly replying to candidates. During the recession they had their pick of the lot, candidates had no choice but to wait for 6 weeks for a response. Now, however, we are getting close to 100% employment and the smarter companies are replying to candidates swiftly, getting people interviewed quickly and getting offers out quickly because they understand they are now competing against other companies who are also interviewing and hiring swiftly.

A former employer of mine have become a joke when it comes to responding to people. When I applied for a job with them, I emailed them on a Wednesday, they set up an interview for Friday and offered me the job at the end of the interview. My ex applied to them a couple of years ago, sent the email to the head of HR who she met at an event. Got no reply, 3 weeks later she called the office and was told someone would get back to her. 2 years on, she still never got an acknowledgement. I heard in the grapevine they are now looking for contractors on 300 a day to fill the places because they "couldn't find suitable people". A quick look on Glassdoor, shows she's not the only one who had that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Got a short-term contract job via Linkedin before. Was called two days after I had submitted my interest in the job, and started work shortly afterwards.

Have gotten a few interviews since then, but it really depends on when the role starts, and how much interest that they've received.

Advertisement