Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing USA

Options
  • 20-11-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I've never imported any cabinets before, know all the details about uk/Japan, but is USA absolutely insane?

Anyone ever done this before (even if not arcade related)?

Curious about import taxes and declared values etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭geotrig

beejee wrote: »
    I've never imported any cabinets before, know all the details about uk/Japan, but is USA absolutely insane?

Anyone ever done this before (even if not arcade related)?

Curious about import taxes and declared values etc.
    Not insane but similar either way for anything outside eu taxes and declaration wise. The French and UK lads have been at it a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Think there's some guy over on ukvac that imports containers of cabs from the states to the UK for onward sale

Update. Here's the link

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/new-shipment-us-to-uk-299-full_topic366337.html?KW=Container

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Most American places have no issues with shipping internationally either.

No idea myself. I don't even like getting consoles from the USA because of the duties :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Yeah I know there's an ongoing shipment thingy between UK and USA, but it sucks having to pay another lot of shipping on top :/

Noticed a job lot on the go in Marland, was just mulling it over. The duty thing is ridiculous though.

You don't know till you look into it I suppose!

Well you're talking vat + import fees. So that's probably the 20% odd percent vat and then whatever customs fees, probably fairly hefty ones, on top of that.

And that's not even taking the actual shipping costs into account :O

Anything is possible though and a container filled with cabs divided between a good few people wouldn't be too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Didnt Ollie get some cabs shipped from the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I got a Pacman cabaret cab from coinopwharehouse. had been converted to Trojan and was not working.
    I think the cab itself was $150 and got it imported through james/Retro Game Party 's container thing (which he has now stopped) . was £370 or so, including all import charges . Then had to get it shipped over to Ireland ... and get it converted back and working :) .
    Hard to say if it came cheaper that way but the chances of finding a cabaret pacman this side of the atlantic were slim anyway.

the other cabs I imported were all from the UK .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭geotrig

beejee wrote: »
    Yeah I know there's an ongoing shipment thingy between UK and USA, but it sucks having to pay another lot of shipping on top :/

Noticed a job lot on the go in Marland, was just mulling it over. The duty thing is ridiculous though.

You don't know till you look into it I suppose!

I don't know what you want , unless you have someone in the us the that can palletise or will to package them correctly and store and load a container its probably a no goer, some companies/carriers years back wouldn't move cabs unless they where crated ,which adds cost , most will now once palleted correctly and you'd be foolish to try and ship them otherwise.

As for customs and duty it is what it is ,full declaration only anything else is fraudulent and not advised I'm not sure anyone would run the risk on a large shipment. You'll also need to appoint a clearing agent and as JB say then shipping costs which vary a lot between companies and months and then shipping from port to location and then unloading.

All previous japan orders came from agents selling who already had storage and would load the containers so a lot easier,outside of Ronnie who has his own set up.same for the stuff that came for hk/china although nowhere near as good cab wise, Yanton's stuff well we will see what his stuff is like soon ....

While we're on the subject. I do have a contact who imports cars from Japan. He said getting a few cabs into a container would be no problem.

If ye lads cab source some candy cabs on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Did a lot of calculations on this and it doesn't make sense, unfortunately :/ thanks for the replies though

• Advertisement
Advertisement