Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

I heard there's a plaque to Sean South on Henry Street but I've never seen it?

There's one to Charles Dickens on Costa in town next to the jewelers for staying in Cruises hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

That one is pure ****e i was there once years ago never again pure crap not nice @ all & i see it never changed since
    I was in a car with a friend before and I asked him would he drop me to Subway, he said something to the effect of 'I'll drop you on Cruises Street because I've too much respect for you to take you to the one on Henry Street'.
    After going in yesterday, being given meh service, Italian rather than hearty Italian bread and only black coffee available, it's fair to say he wasn't wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Same owners as the one on Henry st iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

mdmix wrote: »
    yes, went in a few weeks back for a replacement licence plate. staff member in uniform sent me to another staff member with no uniform or tag who then told me they cant replace a license plate without a logbook. i offered an insurance cert and nct with my name and license for proof but wouldnt accept these. i arrived back an hour later with the logbook only to be told by another member of staff that they are out of licence plates for the last few days!

That's a legal requirement in the UK - Halfords being a UK company obviously think Ireland is in the UK, so they set it as company policy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It’s by Subway. It’s relatively new.

It's on the building beside Subway which was previously a Polish shop but is now some hipster tatoo parlour. Shop front of it is really nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

To any of the Mary I alumni on here, RIP Momma Lynch who passed away suddenly. She was an institution in her own right in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads / Ladies

Any bricks and mortar shop left in limerick that would have a good selection of routers ? im looking for one with a VPN server so ASUS or the likes...i can order online but would like to pick one up the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

by the way anyone having issues with their eir fibre broadband now Sat 31 october gone very slow/not loading pages

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

by the way anyone having issues with their eir fibre broadband now Sat 31 october gone very slow/not loading pages

Saw an article earlier saying eir are experiencing problems with broadband nationwide, that's probably your problem

kerryked wrote: »
    Saw an article earlier saying eir are experiencing problems with broadband nationwide, that's probably your problem

ya stupid eircom that was the start of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

ya stupid eircom that was the start of it

if you can manage to set a different DNS on your router, you might be able to access the internet..just a thought

kerryked wrote: »
    if you can manage to set a different DNS on your router, you might be able to access the internet..just a thought

Ya tnx bud i did it earlier

Lads would bob Sweeney have Cigarette lighters. The Actual piece u light your Fag From ?? (i know he je has most things 2nd hand just wondering would he have something like this )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lads would bob Sweeney have Cigarette lighters. The Actual piece u light your Fag From ?? (i know he je has most things 2nd hand just wondering would he have something like this )

Yeah I'd say Bob Sweeney would have them. Should also check out Autobreak in Ballysheedy as I find Bob Sweeney to be a robbing bastard with his prices.

Id imagine he would. Halfords sell em for €6 but might not necessarily fit your car.

https://www.halfords.ie/technology/mobile-phone-accessories/multisockets/halfords-illuminated-cigarette-lighter

Bob Sweeney nearly charges an entry fee I have found. Try Darragh in Fentons yard in Raheen or Jack Long out in Ballysheedy. They don't seem to be into the highway robbery ole Bobby partakes in..

Bob Sweeney nearly charges an entry fee I have found. Try Darragh in Fentons yard in Raheen or Jack Long out in Ballysheedy. They don't seem to be into the highway robbery ole Bobby partakes in..

stop the fools buying **** & then going back going its the wrong part have u any other one might be that one.

forgot about them 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

stop the fools buying **** & then going back going its the wrong part have u any other one might be that one.

forgot about them 2.

Hey jr, you better listen to your uncle.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ebay

Are 123 .ie any good lads ?? Fbd are screwing me with a quote cause of a claim (exagerrated claim no damage done to cars in 2014 awarded by corrupt judge ) They are giving me way better quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Are 123 .ie any good lads ?? Fbd are screwing me with a quote cause of a claim (exagerrated claim no damage done to cars in 2014 awarded by corrupt judge ) They are giving me way better quote

As good as any of the others tbh, if you can get a better quote for the same coverage then go for it.

davo2001 wrote: »
    As good as any of the others tbh, if you can get a better quote for the same coverage then go for it.

i was no nonsense & fbd closed it down & this yr quoted me 1550 4yrs no claims & lst yr it was 990 with 3yrs no claims . def be doing it changing.

another question for ye Asking for a Friend Is there any Garage that would be able to tell if it is the ignition switch or ignition barrell thats is gone ?? half of them are only con artists & saying they dont know.

another question for ye Asking for a Friend Is there any Garage that would be able to tell if it is the ignition switch or ignition barrell thats is gone ?? half of them are only con artists & saying they dont know.

Try Seamus McGrath on Sexton st. Straight as they come.

Try Seamus McGrath on Sexton st. Straight as they come.

ok bud tnx.

& by the way another Scam number for you 00 44 20 70480501 London

ok bud tnx.

& by the way another Scam number for you 00 44 20 70480501 London

M has me on the case.

00 44 20 31921486 Another London Scammer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Jog501

Not sure if anyone was reading the article from the Irish Mirror on the Aengus Shanahan case but it briefly mentions the possibility of a link between Aengus’ case and the disappearances of two other young men, Des Walsh and Matthew Carroll, who also worked as Dell security guards who all wet missing withing a reasonable short period of time. I thought it was an interesting fact to mention that doesn't seem to have been investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Bear in mind that half of Limerick worked in Dell at the time. It may be just a coincidence based on the large number of people working there. I would be very surprised if the angle wasn't explored by the Gardai though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Jog501

zulutango wrote: »
    Bear in mind that half of Limerick worked in Dell at the time. It may be just a coincidence based on the large number of people working there. I would be very surprised if the angle wasn't explored by the Gardai though.
    Very true and I'm sure they did, just thought it was quite a coincidence with them all working in the same department. The odds seem quite high for it to occur!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement