Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Double oven V single and combi ovens

Options
  • 13-04-2021 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

As above, what are the pros/cons of a double oven and a single oven w seperate combi oven? What are your experiences?

My own thoughts so far..
    Double oven is cheaper. But will it become obsolete in years to come? Therefore leaving that allocated space an awkward one to fill...

Combi oven is expensive. Is the microwave part just a bit of faff...I have a seperate one in the utility so feel like we don't need it? After that, what advantage will it offer?

I don't have space to put in side by side ovens before someone suggests 2 single ovens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id go with the single oven and combi oven over just a double oven. Ive only a combi and find it very handy to have the two functions in one. It means I didnt have to waste more cabinet or counter top space for a separate microwave as its all done in the one unit. Id use it as a microwave about 70% of the time, as an oven about 20% and the grill 10%.

The one I have is a KitchenAid and also has an internal temperature probe for sticking into a joint of meat and then programming the oven to cook it to rare, medium rare, etc. Its a very handy feature that automates the cooking of meat by the internal temperature so theres no need to be faffing around with figuring out cooking times by weight.

Advertisement