16-04-2021, 13:29   #3061
protonmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_ultimate View Post
The ‘journalists don’t play games before reviewing them’ is nothing more than a conspiracy theory based on absolute nonsense.

I’d be surprised if there’s more than a handful of cases of it happening across the entire history of video game reviewing.
Ya I remember that outrage over the Cyberpunk review and in the end, she was being pretty kind about it.. The attitude towards female critics in general is still pretty off.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-04-2021, 13:50   #3062
The Phantom Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango Joe View Post
There are certain games Journalists who obviously don't actually play through these games before pretending they have and then panning them - They should be boycotted until they leave and find another career.
(2) thanks from:
16-04-2021, 13:53   #3063
Mango Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHiMark View Post
Is there a definitive list of people who we should boycott? I wouldn't want to, you know, ruin someone's career because they don't like a game that I like.
Fair enough I was being a bit hyperbolic - But still, if there was hypothetically a Journalist who committed this great offense then who would miss their departure?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_ultimate View Post
The ‘journalists don’t play games before reviewing them’ is nothing more than a conspiracy theory based on absolute nonsense.

I’d be surprised if there’s more than a handful of cases of it happening across the entire history of video game reviewing.
Wow - That's a very certain, authoritative, definite, dismissive and sweeping assertion you couldn't possibly have reliably determined - Thankfully you were in the area to try and help out though - Much appreciated
16-04-2021, 13:56   #3064
The Phantom Pain

Alright before this turns into yet another Days Gone thread (there's about 3 or 4 threads going that has been hijacked by that game), I'm hesitant to download the update. My PS5 runs so well, as did my PS4 at the start of that gen cycle before all the updates. The thing is when they make these things they don't seem to factor in updates and so it makes the system slower and slower as it goes along.
(2) thanks from:
16-04-2021, 14:09   #3065
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango Joe View Post
F
Wow - That's a very certain, authoritative, definite, dismissive and sweeping assertion you couldn't possibly have reliably determined - Thankfully you were in the area to try and help out though - Much appreciated
Well... yeah. I mean I do tend to be pretty dismissive of serious allegations of professional malpractice made without any evidence or examples being provided
Advertisement
16-04-2021, 15:04   #3066
EoinHef

Do anyone actually sit down and fully read a game review before buying a game anymore?

Was just watching a digital foundry video on the new system update,transfer speeds not amazing between internal and external drives. It's functional but still tiem consuming.

They came up with a solution to double the storage though,bought a digital edition on top of the disc edition
(2) thanks from:
16-04-2021, 21:15   #3067
ItsHoggie

Have had 2 freezes today since he update. Hasn’t had any in awhile prior to this.
Thanks from:
17-04-2021, 08:58   #3068
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Very weird one this morning. Powered on the telly using the tv remote and the ps5 powered on with it. Nowhere near the console and the controller is in a drawer. Anyone else have anything like that happen?
Thanks from:
17-04-2021, 09:07   #3069
petes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Very weird one this morning. Powered on the telly using the tv remote and the ps5 powered on with it. Nowhere near the console and the controller is in a drawer. Anyone else have anything like that happen?
Was the PS5 in rest mode?

Have noticed that but only if it was left on the hdmi input the PS5 is on.

Same as if it was in rest mode and I selected the PS5 input it automatically comes on.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-04-2021, 09:15   #3070
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by petes View Post
Was the PS5 in rest mode?

Have noticed that but only if it was left on the hdmi input the PS5 is on.

Same as if it was in rest mode and I selected the PS5 input it automatically comes on.
Ah ok, I'm fairly certain it was powered off but very well could have been in rest mode. Will have to test that later.
17-04-2021, 09:24   #3071
doney84

The new software update has enabled a setting called HDMI device link and this is causing the PS5 to boot up when TV is powered on. Can be disabled in settings menu.
(2) thanks from:
17-04-2021, 09:51   #3072
petes

As above. Will turn it on even if powered off!

Think I'll leave the setting on for now.
17-04-2021, 09:57   #3073
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Jesus turning that off straight away. My 3 year old doesn't even know my PS5 exists and i want to keep it that way for a while. Was a close one when she heard the beep coming from the tv unit "WHAT'S THAAAAAT!?" You Bollox Sony. Handy function though if you're not trying to hide your console.
(3) thanks from:
17-04-2021, 10:13   #3074
Exclamation Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by doney84 View Post
The new software update has enabled a setting called HDMI device link and this is causing the PS5 to boot up when TV is powered on. Can be disabled in settings menu.
Weirdly this happened/worked for my TV before the update, and now it doesn't.
17-04-2021, 10:31   #3075
Corvo

Don’t know if the right place for this question, but said I’d ask as I’m getting an info dump when I Google it.

I want to stream a few games of NBA2K21 from the PS5 to Twitch, it’s just a bit of laugh between work mates viewing two of us battling it out.

I’ve managed to get the voice / chat audio onto the stream, but the game audio is still missing from it.

Note I’m using the Pulse headset so don’t know if this has an effect?

Anyone a solution to getting both voice and game audio into the stream?

Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion