Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diesel vs petrol and insurance?

• 14-04-2021 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

It has been a long time since I bought a car :pac:

At the moment, I have a 12 year old Corolla, 1.4 Petrol. I have 2 named drivers on my insurance, one is a 19 year old provisional licence holder.

I will contact my insurance co. but is there a difference in insurance for a petrol/diesel car??

I am looking at a Nissan Quasqai and the diesel options def seem cheaper.

In your experience folks, what is the best option??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Power output is going to have an impact, and in many cases the equivalent spec diesel will have a higher horsepower and hence possibly be dearer.

But just run dummy quotes to check first.

Advertisement