Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Dean looking suspiciously ripped IMO, she always seemed to carry a lot or fat and I don't remember that amount of muscle on her in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

pauldoo wrote: »
    Dean looking suspiciously ripped IMO, she always seemed to carry a lot or fat and I don't remember that amount of muscle on her in the past

Thats weird as I had just said the same thing. She looks like she really added on strength training......

Thats weird as I had just said the same thing. She looks like she really added on strength training......

Maybe she's eating the same horse meat as canelo alverez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

mailburner wrote: »
    Mike perry too tough for his own good

Did I actually hear in-between round 2 and 3 Joe Schilling saying to Rodriquez "remember that kick, when we were in the ranch on mushrooms".

Loud crowd noise came in a split second later. I don't know if the censored something else out or were just too slow censoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

pauldoo wrote: »

She wasn't long off having a baby when she first came i to the UFC. she struggled with her weight cut for a while. Looked in much better shape this time around and her arse was noticeably smaller :D

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    She wasn't long off having a baby when she first came i to the UFC. she struggled with her weight cut for a while. Looked in much better shape this time around and her arse was noticeably smaller :D

I'm not complaining, looking superb 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Knew Allen vs Yusuff would be a banger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Knew Allen vs Yusuff would be a banger

Great win by Allen.

Always love when I see a toe stamper lose. Something I really hate about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah Allen is very technically sound, he’s still young could well be a title challenger in the future.

Fancy Holland a bit for the upset in the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

mdwexford wrote: »
    Fancy Holland a bit for the upset in the main event.

I hope not, I could be on a clean sweep if Vittori does it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Main event starting at 10.15, bliss

Holland is being killed on the ground again.

Holland is in the wrong weight class

This is painful to watch.

I now fancy Holland to get the KO in the 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Surely Holland has to try 170? Just not strong enough for the takedown defence these last 2 fights, nothing to do with ability too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Never have I been so disappointed about a late replacement. Original fight would have been a cracker
    Till will have a field day on social media :pac:

This is a browse while you watch fight if ever there was one

Holland is 6’3 and has missed weight at 170 before.
    He’s very lean looking to me, not making welterweight unless he chops off a leg.

Jesus Vettori is boring and Holland’s takedown defence is non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Yeahbi was thinking he's probably another Till where he'd struggle to make 170.
    I'd say Till would have KO'd him considering Holland landed quite a few times there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Another Holland main event stinker. He needs to change camp, take 18 months off and drill tdd.

• Advertisement

Edge of my seat, I thought that Holland nearly had him in that first exchange in the 5th.

Holland has a terrible takedown defense, great on his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Should be next for a shot when whittaker doesn't want it and you can't put costa in there again

Till the big loser though

I fancied vettori to take till but after watching that I think till might have put him away

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

mdwexford wrote: »
    Holland is 6’3 and has missed weight at 170 before.
    He’s very lean looking to me, not making welterweight unless he chops off a leg.

He missed weight nearly 6 years ago though which may be down to many things and not just a reflection on his ability to make 170.

He mentioned after the Brunson fight he'd like.to get a nutritionist and go for 170.

Still doesn't fix his lack of TDD but he's gonna be bullied at 185 so it's worth trying to go down

His big mouth and poor performances don't mix well.

Foolish rushing back in the ring.

Maybe if he dissappeared for a year to learn from this. Maybe the weight drop.

Either way as is he won't go far in the current division, road map to his defeat layed out for everyone.

He missed weight nearly 6 years ago though which may be down to many things and not just a reflection on his ability to make 170.

He mentioned after the Brunson fight he'd like.to get a nutritionist and go for 170.

Still doesn't fix his lack of TDD but he's gonna be bullied at 185 so it's worth trying to go down

I can’t see where he loses 15 pounds from, not many welterweights that tall.

As you say it’s the lack of any takedown defence that’s the major problem with his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Holland looks like he could add some muscle and still make Middleweight ,

He was on Rogan recently before his last two losses and kept talking about how he hated training and barley done it & never tries in practice , ( he was on a win streak & being cocky ) Well guess what Mr Holland it showed . In the interview it came across like he had an awful mindset but seems to be very naturally talented,

Next fight for him is huge now its win or take up something else to make a living ,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Holland looks like he could add some muscle and still make Middleweight ,

He was on Rogan recently before his last two losses and kept talking about how he hated training and barley done it & never tries in practice , ( he was on a win streak & being cocky ) Well guess what Mr Holland it showed . In the interview it came across like he had an awful mindset but seems to be very naturally talented,

Next fight for him is huge now its win or take up something else to make a living ,

He didn't come across quite as badly on with Ariel last week before the fight with Vettori. He's a bit Jekyll and Hide that way though.

Dropping to 170 would be doable albeit difficult. Or he adds size and stays at MW. When he was on with Ariel, he said he took a week off training after the Brunson fight and was 193 almost a week out from the Vettori fight. He's going to be bullied by physically bigger people unless he makes massive improvements in his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Really weird but tonights fight between Drakkar Klose and Stephens is off from the push at the weigh ins

https://twitter.com/drakkarklose/status/1383570412622082051?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Where could one watch the Askren fight if one was that was inclined? PM if necessary.. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Whittaker looking very good last night, surely a rematch with Izzy is next on the cards.

Advertisement