Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Walking shoes on ice

• 09-01-2021 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

Do a Bit of walking lately but im looking for something i can wear for walking,or a very light jog when there is a bad frost or ice , light snow around so i dont slide all over the place.

i dont want a boot but something that will do the job and not to heavy

Cheers and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I use these, find them great on icy paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭torrevieja

thanks Mate i have them was really hoping i could get a shoe that does the whole thing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Any shoe suitable for icy conditions will have to have some sort of spike element in the sole. Rubber grips will only go so far in slippery conditions.

You can get shoes with spikes/studs for running in slipper conditions, https://icebug.com/running-shoes, but the amount of times you'll use them compared to just putting the crampon overshoes on your normal footwear would hardly justify the price difference.

Advertisement