Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media - TV, 250MB broadband, phone + Sky Sports or Sky Cinema for €55 a mont

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

bromley52 wrote: »
    Virgin are coming to the end of the testing phase to launch the V6 box here. They are hoping for a Q4 launch.

I had the Horizon box during its testing phase, they knew it was a piece of junk before they did their full launch but they did it anyway and it never improved. I'll be waiting to see real world reviews of the new system before I chance getting TV with them again. It's a pity because €55pm for TV, phone and broadband is a great price if it includes sky sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

dave oc wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on how good/bad the SD sports channels look? Are they watchable or very blurry? For the price I might be able to live with a little less quality (maybe)

Its definitely watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Has any existing customer managed to get this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

bromley52 wrote: »
    Virgin are coming to the end of the testing phase to launch the V6 box here. They are hoping for a Q4 launch.

lol there is no truth to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Hogzy wrote: »
    lol there is no truth to this!

Even if there is, the V6 box we're getting isn't the V6 box they have in the UK. It'll more than likely be another underpowered slow pile of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whatever about the Horizon boxes I think that is a great offer for all your tv including premier league/Champoins league and fast broadband for €55 a month. Id go for it if I could get VM in my area, as it is the cheapest I could get the same is well over €120 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Whatever about the Horizon boxes I think that is a great offer for all your tv including premier league/Champoins league and fast broadband for €55 a month. Id go for it if I could get VM in my area, as it is the cheapest I could get the same is well over €120 a month.

Do BT Sports not have the Champions League still? Don't think this price includes BT Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

Ring them up, tell them you're an existing customer but thinking of moving to Sky. They'll give you the deal.

Unfortunately I’m in contract til 1st November. There was no budging them....

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

SteM wrote: »
    Do BT Sports not have the Champions League still? Don't think this price includes BT Sports.

Virgin Media Sports have all the Champions League matches

Villan11 wrote: »

You can get 20% off if you beg them - bringing it to €32. Not great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'm going to try cancel my contract and get the missus to sign up as a new customer.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm going to try cancel my contract and get the missus to sign up as a new customer.

I think there's a period you have to wait before signing up at the same address again, fairly sure they mentioned that to me before.

I tried this and was threatened with a cancellation charge of €250 for last 4 months of contract.

I tried this and was threatened with a cancellation charge of €250 for last 4 months of contract.

Same. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

unklerosco wrote: »
    I think there's a period you have to wait before signing up at the same address again, fairly sure they mentioned that to me before.

Fyi I did this yesterday so this is not true anymore. They even have a procedure in place to streamline these types of transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

SteM wrote: »

As said VM have the CL.

Just comparing this offer to Skys best prices on their current offer and for Sports upgrade they are asking 20 a month for 6 months (and 40 thereafter) to upgrade from their basic tv package which is 32 a month for existing customers.

So across 12 months with Sky basic + Sports you'd be looking at 744 all up with no broadband included. The Virgin offer is giving you all that plus broadband for 660 for the year. Box issues aside it is a complete bargain, sure Im paying almost 660 a year just for slow broadband and the basic Sky package. By bundling all three together with Virgin there is a very good saving there for those who can get it (wish I could :mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ah. Well in fairness, there isn't a TV/broadband/phone provider anywhere that will give discounts to customers who are still under contract.

Ah I totally accept their position, just disappointed that I can’t take advantage of the offer. Couldn’t justify €40 for something I’d watch for 90 mins everyone now and then.

Could easily justify €1
    Ah. Well in fairness, there isn't a TV/broadband/phone provider anywhere that will give discounts to customers who are still under contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have just Broadband with them paying €59 per month, sounds a no brainer. I'm out of contract will they give me this still? SD Sky is a bit **** but I can live with it for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

rob316 wrote: »
    I have just Broadband with them paying €59 per month, sounds a no brainer. I'm out of contract will they give me this still? SD Sky is a bit **** but I can live with it for the price.

Rob, I'm the same. Just cancelled my contract with them. The "deal" that the representative came back with was to add normal tv to my account for roughly 15 euro more a month !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

unklerosco wrote: »

But what about if you move out of a place and then a new tenant comes in?
    You've cancelled, but do the new tenants have to wait????

My contract is up soon. I thinking of cancelling and signing back up. If its a few days, its no problem. it'll be worth it.
    That same package costs 3 times as much for existing customers.

I hate companies like this, sky, eir. Scum.
    South Park had them nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

bluefinger wrote: »
    Fyi I did this yesterday so this is not true anymore. They even have a procedure in place to streamline these types of transactions.

I'm out of contract, asked about cancelling and resigning up and was told I would have to be a non customer for 3 months to qualify for any new customer offers

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm out of contract, asked about cancelling and resigning up and was told I would have to be a non customer for 3 months to qualify for any new customer offers

Surprised at that. Play hard ball. They'd rather give you an offer than see you go.

Perhaps give your one month's cancellation notice and see if they deal then

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Put someone else's name down, they won't have a clue.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Any idea when this offer is due to end?my contract is up end of September so ill resign under my wife's name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

It's the SD version of Sky Cinema.

Definitely HD - I've just signed up and have an email confirming HD for €1 pm for 12 months.

Sky Cinema HD -€ 1.00 Get 11 Sky Cinema HD channels and 12 standard Sky Cinema channels. Offer: €24.00 off for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Any idea when this offer is due to end?my contract is up end of September so ill resign under my wife's name

According to their radio ad offer ends 2 October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Got my partner to sign up as 'new' customer or as someone above said make up a name?

bluefinger wrote: »

I’m onto Virgin now and they are standing firm that I will have to cancel contract, return equipment and get new contract and equipment. Seems totally bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Get superfast 250 Mb broadband, home phone and TV including Sky Sports or Sky Cinema for an incredible €55 a month for 12 months.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/

The inclusion of Sky Sports (usually €40 a month) makes this an absolute cracking deal from Virgin. You will also get Virgin Media Sports, meaning you will get all the Champions League.

If you are not into sports, you can choose Sky Cinema instead of Sky Sports.

I'm with virgin, out of contract. has any current customers successfully got the deal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement