Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hallowe'en

• 31-10-2019 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭

It's the night for ghosts and ghost stories.
    Spooks and Pookas wandering the world.
    Witches and warlocks dance around the bonfire.

Has anyone here had a genuinely spooky Hallowe'en experience?

Or know a good story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Very dead in here (see what i did there?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Yes.
    I just wondered.
    Since there is always claimed to be such a strong link to the supernatural, on Hallowe'en - and still, actual tales of events this night seem to be really rare.

paranormal things happen all year round

Heres one. For ages Ive been seeing bright lights around my house where no lights are. Ive seen them and my son has seen them but we kept that to ourselves as who'd believe us anyway. On friday night my girlfriend was staying over and during the night went to the bath room. she said the door was open a bit and through that she could clearly see a bright, square light, about the size of a hand. it was lighting up the area around it. She said she wasnt frightened but moreso intrigued and opened the door for a clearer look. by then it had vanished. She didnt see it disappearing - she just said when she went in to the bathroom the light was no longer there and the bathroom was dark. Much like the kind of light phenomena we've been experiencing in the house for years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

maccored wrote: »
    Heres one. For ages Ive been seeing bright lights around my house where no lights are. Ive seen them and my son has seen them but we kept that to ourselves as who'd believe us anyway. On friday night my girlfriend was staying over and during the night went to the bath room. she said the door was open a bit and through that she could clearly see a bright, square light, about the size of a hand. it was lighting up the area around it. She said she wasnt frightened but moreso intrigued and opened the door for a clearer look. by then it had vanished. She didnt see it disappearing - she just said when she went in to the bathroom the light was no longer there and the bathroom was dark. Much like the kind of light phenomena we've been experiencing in the house for years

Good story! Did this actually happen on Hallowe'en, or, do you ever find that phenomena are more apparent at that season?

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Good story! Did this actually happen on Hallowe'en, or, do you ever find that phenomena are more apparent at that season?

happened on Friday 1st Nov. well, that particular incident. Its not somethign that just happens at that time though - Ive seen the same kind of thing in the summer, and my son in March

Advertisement