Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loftus Hall Live Streaming

• 20-10-2019 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I am very surprised there is not a thread on here discussing this amazing live stream from Loftus Hall:

https://www.loftushallafterdark.com/live-stream

I only discovered it within the past week and I have been addicted to it ever since. Last night was the only night the cameras were switched off and i think that is because there was a Halloween tour going on.

Pretty much every night I have been able to see light anomalies (i.e. orbs), mainly in the staircase but also in the tapestry and card rooms and regular banging noises and footstep noises.

Now, I am well aware that the owners have installed many gadgets in the house to give people cheap scares on tours etc, but these phenomena captured by their night cameras happen throughout the night and into the early hours of the morning. They are also very random.

Anyone else use this stream?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I lost confidence in that place when they changed their wiki to make the place sound scarier

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

Yeah, no doubt the current owners have really tried to commercialize the scariness of the place. But take all that away and it was always known as one of the most haunted places in the world anyway. Therefore if you believed such things, then regardless of this added commercialization, you would still expect some real phenomena to occur. I'm just wondering could these very random things happening at 2:00 in the morning be evidence of something. I am highly skeptical myself which is why i am trying to see if anyone else has used this and see/heard anything that convinces them.

Another thing - I wonder why there aren't similar live streams from other supposedly haunted locations worldwide? If they are as good as Loftus Hall, i'm sure they would be a great online success!

Regardless it's history and the place being abandoned (and therefore to many, haunted) what has ever actually occurred there thats paranormal? not much I'd wager.

Theres plenty of webcams btw - https://www.liveabout.com/best-ghost-and-paranormal-webcams-4686961

maccored wrote: »
    Regardless it's history and the place being abandoned (and therefore to many, haunted) what has ever actually occurred there thats paranormal? not much I'd wager.[/url]

Prob not much, but more than all the other historical and abandoned houses out there I'd say. I'm sure there must be at least some reasons why down through the ages this particular house was considered haunted.

Whether or not the "paranormal events" experienced were real or not is another thing.

Thanks, i'll check these out too tonight!

• Advertisement

j1979p wrote: »
    Prob not much, but more than all the other historical and abandoned houses out there I'd say. I'm sure there must be at least some reasons why down through the ages this particular house was considered haunted.

Whether or not the "paranormal events" experienced were real or not is another thing.

I think mainly because it was abandoned and creepy looking. The main story attached to it (as in the devil playing cards, dropping one, hoofs, hole in the roof etc etc) is the same as the hell fire club, and it wasnt unusual for families to lock family members with disabilities/mental issues away.

bit like Carlow's Ducketts Grove banshee which was invented live on TV when Destination Truth were there. Barry Fitzgerald heard a cow, called it a banshee and after that the place was haunted.

I think mainly because it was abandoned and creepy looking. The main story attached to it (as in the devil playing cards, dropping one, hoofs, hole in the roof etc etc) is the same as the hell fire club, and it wasnt unusual for families to lock family members with disabilities/mental issues away.

Ah yeah, I always did think that this story was purely legend. But I always thought the hauntings actually came first (in the 19th century) and then people made up the legend about the dark stranger later, partly to give the hauntings some context and make them darker.

bit like Carlow's Ducketts Grove banshee which was invented live on TV when Destination Truth were there. Barry Fitzgerald heard a cow, called it a banshee and after that the place was haunted.

Definitely, I would be of the same opinion - that most if not all of what people see/hear can be explained by normal phenomena. This would also explain why some people are more "sensitive" to these phenomena - they are probably more likely to jump to conclusions instead of thinking of the alternatives at the time. Then over time, these stories get embellished until the truth can no longer be remembered :)
    I for one have never even remotely had a paranormal experience in all my life. I can think of many occasions though where a noise or feeling could have led someone else to think something paranormal was going on, but i always find in the moment that I can think of a likely rational explanation for things - and then I move on!

However these live streams are just slightly intriguing - my head says there are also rational explanations but my heart says that the orbs are not just dust particles or insects (due to their movement) or that the sounds are not just the old house creaking (due to their regularity and cadence etc).

For now I'm going with my head but was just wondering what other peoples views are of these streams

Definitely, I would be of the same opinion - that most if not all of what people see/hear can be explained by normal phenomena. This would also explain why some people are more "sensitive" to these phenomena - they are probably more likely to jump to conclusions instead of thinking of the alternatives at the time. Then over time, these stories get embellished until the truth can no longer be remembered :)
    I for one have never even remotely had a paranormal experience in all my life. I can think of many occasions though where a noise or feeling could have led someone else to think something paranormal was going on, but i always find in the moment that I can think of a likely rational explanation for things - and then I move on!

However these live streams are just slightly intriguing - my head says there are also rational explanations but my heart says that the orbs are not just dust particles or insects (due to their movement) or that the sounds are not just the old house creaking (due to their regularity and cadence etc).

For now I'm going with my head but was just wondering what other peoples views are of these streams

Ive seen lights on a few occasions that I havent been able to explain, including small orb like lights. Most of the photographed orbs though are dust. its easy to replicate - shake a jumper or piece of dusty cloth etc and take photos with a digital phone or camera. you'll get plenty of orbs.

• Advertisement

Ive seen lights on a few occasions that I havent been able to explain, including small orb like lights.

With your eyes or through a camera? What location?
    Most of the photographed orbs though are dust. its easy to replicate - shake a jumper or piece of dusty cloth etc and take photos with a digital phone or camera. you'll get plenty of orbs.

Yeah I always knew that and i would never take orbs in photos to mean anything. However orbs in videos, in particular live streams are interesting because you have much more information (e.g. speed, movement patterns, brightness variability etc). They could still be explained by dust but some of the orbs I have seen, it would be very far fetched to think of them as dust or bugs. However probably not as far fetched as being evidence of the afterlife :)

With your eyes or through a camera? What location?

with my eyes. once was in a cave, the second time in a forest. The cave lights lasted a few mins, the forest lights lasted about 10 mins and went from tiny to quite large.

with my eyes. once was in a cave, the second time in a forest. The cave lights lasted a few mins, the forest lights lasted about 10 mins and went from tiny to quite large.

Hmmm, I wonder could the cave ones have been luminescent bugs? Not sure what could be the ones that grew in size

Hmmm, I wonder could the cave ones have been luminescent bugs? Not sure what could be the ones that grew in size

the lights in the cave were various different colours (you can get blue glow worms apparently so you could be on to something there) - the forest ones were just downright strange. they started as small lights flitting around a bush and ended up headlight sized floating around the trees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I've never bought into the whole ghosts come out at night, that's something pushed on by hollywood in my opinion, if something is going to happen it can happen any time day or night.

Nighttime just makes things seem scarier.

Ziycon wrote: »
    I've never bought into the whole ghosts come out at night, that's something pushed on by hollywood in my opinion, if something is going to happen it can happen any time day or night.

i think its just pure handiness. nighttime you dont have as much noise pollution and less chance of random strangers

Ziycon wrote: »

Well it plays on two of our big fears - fear of the dark and fear of the unknown

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The house that exists now is not the house of the legend.
    The house you visit was built in the 1870s , the story of the legend was supposed to have happened to the Tottenham family was in 1765 , in the previous house.
    So the hole in the roof , the bed you see and the supposed tapestry room are all hooey. Good fun but hooey all the same.

http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=WX&regno=15705401

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/the-legend-of-loftus-hall-29301690.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The last person to live there had a riding school. If you believe in the paranormal,horses are especially sensitive to it- never any issue that way to the best of my knowledge . I never heard of any spirits supposed to be in the main house, but the Towers was supposed to be haunted,

The house that exists now is not the house of the legend.
    The house you visit was built in the 1870s , the story of the legend was supposed to have happened to the Tottenham family was in 1765 , in the previous house.
    So the hole in the roof , the bed you see and the supposed tapestry room are all hooey. Good fun but hooey all the same.

http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=WX&regno=15705401

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/the-legend-of-loftus-hall-29301690.html

the last time i looked, loftus hall's wiki had been altered to make it all sound like the same house, rather than redmond house and loftus hall. plus the whole hole in the roof story is identical to that of the hell fire club. a bit suss alright

• Advertisement

Some very loud rapping/banging noises localized in Tapestry Room tonight. Quite regular though and reminds me of the type of banging that occurs with loosely hanging objects in a strong wind.

https://www.loftushallafterdark.com/live-stream

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So?
    Anything?

NIMAN wrote: »
    So?
    Anything?

I have been watching it most days for the past 4 weeks now and alas, I have never seen any physical evidence for the paranormal.

I have heard noises but they could be anything. Also I have seen orbs but never when the visible lighting was on - only when infrared camera was on which suggests to me that they are caused by bugs or dust. :(

So either it takes a huge amount of energy for ghosts to interact with our physical world (and it's a very rare thing) or else there's no such thing as ghosts!

or loftus hall mightnt actually be haunted

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The last 2 posts kinda sum it all up.

But hey, if its a tourist thing and someone is making money from it, knock yourselves out.

or loftus hall mightnt actually be haunted

If Loftus Hall isn't haunted, where do you think genuinely is?

If Loftus Hall isn't haunted, where do you think genuinely is?

I know of one place where I've recorded a lot of stuff like whistling and voices when there wouldnt have been anyone there to make those sounds

I know of one place where I've recorded a lot of stuff like whistling and voices when there wouldnt have been anyone there to make those sounds

If there was any kind of wind/draught around then that could explain whistling/whispering sounds. If it was outside, a lot of animals can make whistling-type noises. Have you ruled these things out?

Far from being a more believable counter-example to Loftus Hall, in my mind, the examples you gave are indeed the kind of things that probably gave Loftus Hall its reputation - people perhaps believing that what they saw/heard was more than it really was. Indeed, if I hadn't been carefully watching this house every day for the last 4 weeks and only tuned in to watch it one night, I might have believed that the banging noises were pretty convincing paranormal evidence, especially given the setting! The more I watched though, the more i came to realise that there can easily be more conventional explanations

But of course i wasn't there to experience what it was you saw or heard so I can't really comment any further on that

If there was any kind of wind/draught around then that could explain whistling/whispering sounds. If it was outside, a lot of animals can make whistling-type noises. Have you ruled these things out?

Far from being a more believable counter-example to Loftus Hall, in my mind, the examples you gave are indeed the kind of things that probably gave Loftus Hall its reputation - people perhaps believing that what they saw/heard was more than it really was. Indeed, if I hadn't been carefully watching this house every day for the last 4 weeks and only tuned in to watch it one night, I might have believed that the banging noises were pretty convincing paranormal evidence, especially given the setting! The more I watched though, the more i came to realise that there can easily be more conventional explanations

But of course i wasn't there to experience what it was you saw or heard so I can't really comment any further on that

All kinds of suggestions welcome - to be honest though, I'm not really looking to convince anyone of anything. I only gave you a sentence of info - not enough (nor was it intended to) to convince you of anything I say so no worries there.

If you want 'evidence' go find it yourself is my motto. Don't be waiting on others to convince you of anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Going to watch this tonight and see what happens..

anyone else up for it??

Advertisement