Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Acai Berry

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Transform wrote: »
    [/B]

Wow your final statement was just stunning!

my point is that Acai berries are not going to matter a dam in the overall scheme of things. Yes they are a good food to include in your diet if you can afford them but are they more beneficial to you than say a few blackberries for a fraction of the price? Oh and you can pick them for free when in season. are they going to have as big a role to play in overall health than say fish oils? Hell no!

I have given you enough 'food for thought' and if you want to waste your money when it could be spent more wisely then good for you.

People who focus on the magic bullet will never find one and that is the function of a forum - to wise individuals up to that fact.

My clients success in terms of weight loss, performance and health improvments are all the proof i ever need as to whats worth looking into more and whats really important to do daily.

All the best and i never inteded to insult you in any way

What exactly was wrong with my final statement? My point was that gogi berries aren't going to poison anyone and it won't take a person long to realise they're not doing anything tangible anyway so I'd imagine the vast majority of people would look elsewhere for solutions to their problems with time.

You are confusing me with someone who buys gogi berries and other functional foods so you didn't insult me! ;)

True it is the point of the forum but like I said telling the poster to screw their heads on isn't going to enlighten them to anything really.

Overall we're singing from the exact same hymn sheet on this one anyway so you haven't given me food for thought apart from your list list of 'superfoods' that will defy the aging process(or so you reckon anyway)

I personally don't think focusing on functional foods or superfoods is the answer to any of our nutritional conundrums.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Inbred

In recent years, a small, purple berry from Amazonian Brazil has caused a major sensation among nutritionists and sportspeople. Previously unknown to the wider world, Acai had been a staple dietary component for people native to where it grows for many centuries. Thanks to modern methods of processing this fruit has become globally available, and has been hailed as one of the great all-round superfoods. It provides a wide spectrum of nutrition, including Omega fats, protein, dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals, and one of the highest antioxidant contents of any food.

Oxidation is a destabilising chemical reaction that scavenges electrons from a substance. In the human body this can create molecules known as free radicals, which can themselves trigger chain reactions capable of damaging or killing cells. Oxidative stress, as this is called, is believed increasingly by medical science to be at the root of many diseases. Our exposure to pollutants and environmental stresses is believed to increase the likelihood of oxidative stress damage, which is why nutritionists are convinced that we should fight back by eating foods known to be rich sources of antioxidant agents. Among the best of these is Acai berry.

While nearly a third of Acai berry’s mass is fat, the fats in question are oleic acid, the beneficial fat element in olive oil, plus linoleic acid, which is essential in our food for good health, and palmitic acid, which seem to cause no cholesterol buildup. Acai berry contains a wide range of amino acids, which results in a strong protein content. In addition to this, it also provides significant supplies of vitamins and minerals.

The wide-ranging nutrition of Acai berry makes it a food that nurtures and optimises the human body, strengthening its defences against disease, aiding recovery from illness and injury and underpinning our efforts to improve fitness and condition. Acai berry is now regarded as a staple dietary component for sportspeople, but it is equally useful to anybody seeking to live more healthily by adding a great all-round supplement to their diet.

Ok, enough of the marketing stuff, have a look at MonaVie, it works nicely. I can help you get hold of it too, just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Inbred wrote: »
    In recent years, a small, purple berry from Amazonian Brazil has caused a major sensation among nutritionists and sportspeople. Previously unknown to the wider world, Acai had been a staple dietary component for people native to where it grows for many centuries. Thanks to modern methods of processing this fruit has become globally available, and has been hailed as one of the great all-round superfoods. It provides a wide spectrum of nutrition, including Omega fats, protein, dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals, and one of the highest antioxidant contents of any food.

Oxidation is a destabilising chemical reaction that scavenges electrons from a substance. In the human body this can create molecules known as free radicals, which can themselves trigger chain reactions capable of damaging or killing cells. Oxidative stress, as this is called, is believed increasingly by medical science to be at the root of many diseases. Our exposure to pollutants and environmental stresses is believed to increase the likelihood of oxidative stress damage, which is why nutritionists are convinced that we should fight back by eating foods known to be rich sources of antioxidant agents. Among the best of these is Acai berry.

While nearly a third of Acai berry’s mass is fat, the fats in question are oleic acid, the beneficial fat element in olive oil, plus linoleic acid, which is essential in our food for good health, and palmitic acid, which seem to cause no cholesterol buildup. Acai berry contains a wide range of amino acids, which results in a strong protein content. In addition to this, it also provides significant supplies of vitamins and minerals.

The wide-ranging nutrition of Acai berry makes it a food that nurtures and optimises the human body, strengthening its defences against disease, aiding recovery from illness and injury and underpinning our efforts to improve fitness and condition. Acai berry is now regarded as a staple dietary component for sportspeople, but it is equally useful to anybody seeking to live more healthily by adding a great all-round supplement to their diet.

Ok, enough of the marketing stuff, have a look at MonaVie, it works nicely. I can help you get hold of it too, just PM me.

Do NOT spam or you will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Inbred

Sorry, I do apologise, I didn't mean to break any rules. Back to the T&C then for me.

Advertisement