Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dettori

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

IF being the word. My aunt balls and all that. Remember the ride he gave rewilding in ascot when he rode a certain ryan moore to sleep or snow fairy in leopardstown or ravens pass in the breders cup classic ... the list goes on. Isnt frankie the ONLY european based jockey to ride the breeders cup classic winner ? What a ****ing jockey

You may not like Micks stats but they are what they are. and they support what I've said several times. Frankie Dettori and Saeed bin Suorr have drastically under perform despite having top shelf stock. Mick was given top shelf stock consistently for only 6 years and rode the same 1 Epsom Derby winner that Frankie rode for his entire career and he doubled up Frankie in the Irish derby with 2 wins to Frankies 1 in his career. In just 6 years Mick topped or equaled Frankie in several categories. If you want to go the Breeders cup stats we can go there also. while it is true that Frankie is the only European based jockey to win the Breeders cup classic. Mick is the only jockey in the history of the Breeders Cup to win North Americas richest turf race The Breeders Cup Turf Back to Back When He did it with High Chaparral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

You may not like Micks stats but they are what they are. and they support what I've said several times. Frankie Dettori and Saeed bin Suorr have drastically under perform despite having top shelf stock. Mick was given top shelf stock consistently for only 6 years and rode the same 1 Epsom Derby winner that Frankie rode for his entire career and he doubled up Frankie in the Irish derby with 2 wins to Frankies 1 in his career. In just 6 years Mick topped or equaled Frankie in several categories. If you want to go the Breeders cup stats we can go there also. while it is true that Frankie is the only European based jockey to win the Breeders cup classic. Mick is the only jockey in the history of the Breeders Cup to win North Americas richest turf race The Breeders Cup Turf Back to Back When He did it with High Chaparral
    You never address the point and refer to the pitman sorry irish derby and english derby as if anyone outside of these islands gives a ****. You referred to turf racing in the states as rubbish in other threads but now its great. Remind how many times frankie won that parrticular race ? .as before same as my question with the arc you will not answer . <snip>

You never address the point and refer to the pitman sorry irish derby and english derby as if anyone outside of these islands gives a ****. You referred to turf racing in the states as rubbish in other threads but now its great. Remind how many times frankie won that parrticular race ? .as before same as my question with the arc you will not answer . <snip>
    WOW a bit upset are we ? I did address your Arc question You Praised Frankie and I said Lester was better and as far as the Breeders Cup turf. there was a time when that race was competitive. Kalanisi,Daylami,High Chaparral and conduit among its winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

this tit for tat is getting childish now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I asked two pages ago for this nonsense to stop and to debate without resorting to digs.

Final warning. Next person gets infracted or banned depending on the severity of it.

• Advertisement

2 day ban for Frankie after that ride in the 2:05 at Ascot

2 day ban for Frankie after that ride in the 2:05 at Ascot

But he still won the race

Group 1 double for frankie today. First ride was classic frankie

Another group 1 again today in his twilight years and what a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Must be bittersweet considering he lost out on back to back arcs. Would have cemented his legacy for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Frankie is BACK!!!!!!!!! Great to see.

Welcome back lanfranco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

When the pressures off hes different class, think the bigger rides for his new owners put pressure on him in recent years and that camelot ride etc but hes like a free lance the way hes riding at the moment and flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

When Frankie did celebrity big brother you would have been forgiven for thinking racing no longer motivated him. Fair play to him for finding the spark again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Sick of looking at the self serving coke head, usless prick promoting himself and getting his annoying mug in national hunt.

I bred Dodging Bullets, well ****ing done, was your plan to use a £125,000 stallion to get a chaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

Jon Stark wrote: »
    When Frankie did celebrity big brother you would have been forgiven for thinking racing no longer motivated him. Fair play to him for finding the spark again.

What spark? He is an irritating little wannabe comedian,who is not in the least bit funny.I,m sick of hearing him being interviewed and him thinking he is a "character". Decent jockey,but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Good to see him ride a few winners, might get lucky and add a few big races to his CV this season all going well.

He's had a hugely positive impact on racing in terms of adding a bit of colour and winning over new fans.
    Of course he's in your face and is self serving(what jockey isn't self serving???!?!?) but he's a character and racing needs characters.
    He's much better off riding after a few lines of cocaine than riding with litre of whiskey in his system so I'm not going to judge him on that offence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Well, he is on fire and Gosden wont worry too much if Buick doesn't ride for him as much.

See Fallon is knocking in a few races at lower levels too

It would be nice if either of them have a Johnny Murtagh kind of a year as per 2013. Think Fallon had his shot when he got the Goldolpin call

Advertisement