Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to Australia

Options
  • 06-10-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey everyone! Just sorted my visa, heading straight for Sydney next April on my own - I have family there but I'll be travelling alone and won't be staying with them for long as I obviously will want to travel around and make friends. My plan is to holiday for a couple of weeks in Sydney and then head off to do the regional work etc. Anyone heading out around this time?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Darraghgt4

hi emma i also have my visa sorted and am planning on heading over some time next year... i am travelling alone also but i dont have the comfort of meeting family... really dont even know how to start planning as i dont know what to expect lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EmmaMul91

Hey Darragh, sorry I'm only seeing your reply now! I literally just booked my fights last night, heading off on 7th of April next year! I'm really just going to my family for a quick visit i plan to head away as soon as I can so I can meet more people who are also travelling and hit up the farms and stuff! Have you made anymore plans?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dogzyT

Hey Emma,

I am taking the plunge in May :) i have a friend in Melbourne, so planning on seeing her for a week or so then heading off to do the farm! No idea on where to do it though, but would love to find someone who wants to do the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dogzyT

Hey Emma,

Im a 26 year old Irish female and I'm also taking the plunge in May :) i have a friend in Melbourne, so planning on seeing her for a week or so then heading off to do the farm! No idea on where to do it though, but would love to find someone who wants to do the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If you have a driving licence then it'll benefit you greatly for rural/farm work and if you have the money/motivation to get your medium rigid licence then it can be advantageous for farm work and even city work.

Not all farm work is picking fruit. Some families owning farms want full time nanny's to look after kids coupled with farm labouring, machinery driving etc...hence why the licence thing is pretty important.

• Advertisement
Advertisement