Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medicare exemption levy

Options
  • 21-09-2015 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Tonight I will be doing my tax return myself and tomorrow eve I was going to post my medicare exemption levy cert.

Do they refund the tax and Medicare levy in one payment or are they separate payments.
    Will it matter if the two are not sent off together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

send them together or your refund will be short 700-1000 dolla.......which reminds me , must apply for my cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

top madra wrote: »
    Tonight I will be doing my tax return myself and tomorrow eve I was going to post my medicare exemption levy cert.

Do they refund the tax and Medicare levy in one payment or are they separate payments.
    Will it matter if the two are not sent off together?
    One payment, if its all in order.
    You don't need to post them together. As long as they have the cert by the time they are processing it you'll be fine. They don't necessarily always request the cert either, although its becoming more common I think.

One year my cert went missing and they paid it out anyway. They didn't request the cert for over a year - after my following year return went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Ok sweet thanks boys, maybe I'll hold off lodging my tax return until the day after I post my cert.

I never lodged my cert last year so I've no idea whether they gave it to me or not then, but I'll lodge both years this time just to be 'sure to be sure' :)

Advertisement