Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

dulpit wrote: »
    I'm tempted to ask why you listen to any element of second captains? You seem against all of it...

Not at all. Day 1 subscriber and long time listener from news talk days.
    Been to a few liberty hall shows and bought all the annuals and a mug.

Its much better than what OTB serve up.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Obrieski wrote: »
    Great chat with Michael Foley yesterday, I thought.
    Downloaded his podcast series as well, be interesting to hear about the events of 100 years ago in podcast form. Find it easier than reading articles or information online

The book is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Great chat with Michael Foley yesterday, I thought.
    Downloaded his podcast series as well, be interesting to hear about the events of 100 years ago in podcast form. Find it easier than reading articles or information online

Ya, was fascinating to listen to him. Very passionate speaker too. Will have to go grab his podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Jim Root wrote: »
    The book is fantastic

Yeah it's an excellent book. I'm interested to hear what the podcast is like.

What’s the link to the podcast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

What’s the link to the podcast?

I just searched for the Bloodied Field in the podcast app so I would say wherever your podcasts are you can search for it there. It’s also on Spotify now that I’ve searched there to check

I just searched for the Bloodied Field in the podcast app so I would say wherever your podcasts are you can search for it there. It’s also on Spotify now that I’ve searched there to check

Cheers. I hadn’t caught the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

Looks like the return of the Isolating podcast will be in Dublin rather than Achill with his parents.

Still good to have it back tomorrow but it would have been great to be back in Achill for vegetable garden update & music with his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

I wonder is there any prospect of the lads returning to two podcasts on a Monday now that there is quite a lot of sport taking place each weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I hope Eoins “drunk at the bar” is a regular character/feature on shows from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I wonder is there any prospect of the lads returning to two podcasts on a Monday now that there is quite a lot of sport taking place each weekend.

Released a football pod today. Still have the weekend's GAA and rugby to cover. Last few weeks they've usually done GAA on a Tuesday and rugby on Wednesday I think.

I agree though it's defnitely time for 2 pods on a Monday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Is the Bloodied Field podcast worth listening to if you have already read the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Don't really understand how Ken thinks Jota's first goal should have stood. Was a fairly obvious foul

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

siblers wrote: »
    Don't really understand how Ken thinks Jota's first goal should have stood. Was a fairly obvious foul

He probably saw three bodies throw themselves at the ball and pretty much all of them clatter into each other. It's not very clear, to me, that Mane was the only one who committed an offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

deisedude wrote: »
    Is the Bloodied Field podcast worth listening to if you have already read the book?

Yes, it's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yes, it's excellent.

I have previously read the book but I have forgotten most of it. Listened to the first two of these and it really brings it to life. Great production on it too.

Yes, it's excellent.

Might be just my phone, but the volume appears too low. Struggle to hear it when walking outside if any kind of loud noise is close by i.e car or strong gust of wind.

Besides that, really enjoying it so far

Rant alert: they seem to always spend an AGE dissecting Man Utd, OGS, and Pogba after a United defeat. Basically the whole Monday show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭jones

Jim Root wrote: »
    Rant alert: they seem to always spend an AGE dissecting Man Utd, OGS, and Pogba after a United defeat. Basically the whole Monday show?

They tried to stay on arsenal in fairness but United are the bigger "story".

ps totally agree about going back to two pods on monday i'd almost forgotten that was a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Ken providing more interesting rugby content in five minutes today than there's likely been all year. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Still Ill wrote: »
    Ken providing more interesting rugby content in five minutes today than there's likely been all year. :pac:

We all need a bit more Ken Burley in our lives right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Dion Fanning writing off Man City as title contenders this season. Big shout. Big big shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Dion Fanning writing off Man City as title contenders this season. Big shout. Big big shout.

Ah, yeah, I wouldn't pay too much heed. He might have a point, but I think writing City off completely is just plain silly.

I vividly remember him picking Newcastle United to win the league in 03 back when he wrote for the Sindo. Newcastle were a way better team back then, but even then you knew that a was a daft prediction. So I've always doubted his prediction game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, yeah, I wouldn't pay too much heed. He might have a point, but I think writing City off completely is just plain silly.

I vividly remember him picking Newcastle United to win the league in 03 back when he wrote for the Sindo. Newcastle were a way better team back then, but even then you knew that a was a daft prediction. So I've always doubted his prediction game.
    Sure what are predictions really. An absolute shot to nothing and a talking point more than anything.

Ken wading in with some trolling hot-takes improved the rugby chat immeasurably.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

Ken wading in with some trolling hot-takes improved the rugby chat immeasurably.

taking potshots like a guttersnipe instead of the corinthian approach.

Was nice having the dream team of Wilson and Brewin on today’s pod. In my opinion they should be on together more often. They definitely used to be regularly on the same pod a couple of years ago

Was nice having the dream team of Wilson and Brewin on today’s pod. In my opinion they should be on together more often. They definitely used to be regularly on the same pod a couple of years ago

Brewin has gotten very moany in recent times.

I don't mind Brewin, but he is a bit dour. Focuses on the negative a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Seamy Fitz

:D I wouldn't want to cross you Arghus. You have a long memory!

Advertisement