Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

bit of advice on jungling - it only really works if you are with friends/ppl you know as communicating is vital in the jungle to set up ganks and pull for the guy in lane. jungle heroes also only work if the team is set up to support it, if you have 3 melee heroes, 1 ranged & 1 in the jungle it just wont work as the guy playing the 2v1 lane will get f**ked or else you have a double melee long lane which is never good. try using support heroes to start off with as you will learn what is going on faster in lanes and learn about the heroes by facing them. you retain maximum effectiveness with the team as you arent relied on to carry (which is difficult for a starter) and are still extremely helpful to the team.
    as your confidence in the game grows then try using the more difficult heroes and strategies (such as jungling). there is a **** ton of stuff to learn in the game and thats the most difficult part at the start as you find yourself getting owned cos you dont know wtf happened :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Theres a good few of us that play alright, mostly have a group of five though.

Its a quality game alright and the free to play model is win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I use to play it a free months ago with some of beginner champions. Don't know why I stopped as I kinda liked it and had fun.

EDIT: I remember now, it was because I got frustrated with the long queue times and droppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

Do any of ye play hon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Fol20 wrote: »
    Do any of ye play hon?

Played it. Didn't like it at all. Prefer LoL tbh.

Play on the US servers thanks to a friend being a idiot and downloading the client from leagueoflegends.com instead of the EU site when we first discovered it :p

Currently win ratio is 1.05 or something on the lines of that. Bought Nocturne last night and having loads of fun with him an absolute beast of a jungler.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I played it for a bit, liked it a lot but tbh I just find myself always going back to other games. Would be interested in a bit of Irish banter though

• Registered Users Posts: 21 B1ue

me and a few friends play it quite alot, were all irish. its not normal to come to come across irish people in the game. let me know if u want me to add you/whatnot and ill give you my summoner name :)

shaco is really good, can be annoying if on the other team, seems to just pop in and out of lanes. personally id recommend nunu, ashe, annie. there some of the easy champions to use, ive been using lux for the past week and i find she is quite strong, pretty week, easy to kill but can do alot of dammge and fast. if you want a good website for guides and builds use mobafire.com its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Just started playing it myself last Sunday.
    I prefer the ranged characters. Gawd it's so adictive and fun to play :D

What's the queue/loading times like?

I remember their PVP.net system being slow as hell setting up matches. That or other players had really bad PCs

• Advertisement

there is never a really long wait time, if there is a server update it could take almost 40mins to sign in sometimes, finding a game is never more that 2mins, 5 mins max. but the only time there is a long login queue is because a big update and everyone is forced to update, so the thousands of people signing in at once tends to be long

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Was on a three hour login queue earlier, now its "calculating..." indefinitely. Anyone else getting this, seems excessive?

EDIT: Just read B1ue's comment, Ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Lol thread here in the strategy forum.

I wouldn't waste time playing against bots when it's so easy to get games against humans. You'll learn a lot faster.

Warwick used to be one of my ranked mains before the jungle changes so if you want to know anything specific I'm sure I can help.
    Jungling in general is a good thing to learn. It helps you develop map awareness through constantly watching lanes for ganking oppurtunities. It also gives you an appreciation of the importance of the neutral monsters. Also every ranked game will always have one on each team so it's important you can fill the role.

Feel free to add me; Fastpaws.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And xfire has it listed as the 3rd most played game played on the PC platform :pac:

Was playing as Nocturne yesterday and dominated a match 14-2-20 except there was a slight bug for the last 10 minutes where apparently a few of the other team couldn't actually see me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

HoN is down too... DDoS attacks :s

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

RopeDrink and FastPaws added :)

And xfire has it listed as the 3rd most played game played on the PC platform :pac:

Where do you see Xfire top 20 played ranks?

Where do you see Xfire top 20 played ranks?

http://www.xfire.com/games/

Stev_o wrote: »

haha I'm blind

I was looking at that list earlier thinking this is just their a-z list of games. I didn't see the rank filter :pac:

• Advertisement

Love solo queuing at the moment seem to be doing better there then with my friends, pubs seem more understanding about obvious tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Been playing alot of lol recently, anyone interested in trying out some interesting duo combinations in ranked or normal, gimmie a shout.

Summoner name: Epitaph

They kinda brought alistar down to a more manageable level in the recent patch, he still does pretty much everything well, solo lane, duo lane, tank, AP carry and even jungling though.

Anyone interested in a very games you can catch me online most nights: Epitaph.

Thats some damn fine shaco pubstomping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ugh, why won't they fix Akali?

Fix her in what way?

She's an assassination champion. like shaco, or nocturne. Like most assassination champs she snowballs really well.

She's really strong at level 6, and punishes the weak links in your team as well as overextending, but if she doesn't get fed by level 10 or so, she doesnt pack any punch and can be shut down with some light cc.

I feel she's in line with the other champions of the same type.

Vayne on the other hand is really strong at the moment.

EDIT: i just assumed you thought se is overpowered in some way, i dont really think she needs a buff either, her burst is really good and her shroud cloak gives her an edge in survivability compared to a lot of high damage champions.

Depends on your elo actually, if its really low elo you're talking about. Because of her passive she can double dip, sword of omen and mejai's stacking items. If your team start dying in any way against that she turns into a monster.

She's also way behind and punished horribly if it doesn't work.

Rope Drink if you want to be a massive dick with shaco lane with a Garen. At the start of the game ghost your way so you are sure you arrive at the opponents bush first. Now start stacking boxes. Most people will face check early on in LoL. They get smashed in the faces by your boxes will Garen spins all over them. Ignite for good measure.

Guaranteed first blood.

Also if you do like the assasin type characters (which i love). Id recommend Kassadin. Very under used character but incredibly lethal with the best mobility in the game.

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    Rope Drink if you want to be a massive dick with shaco lane with a Garen. At the start of the game ghost your way so you are sure you arrive at the opponents bush first. Now start stacking boxes. Most people will face check early on in LoL. They get smashed in the faces by your boxes will Garen spins all over them. Ignite for good measure.

Guaranteed first blood.

Also if you do like the assasin type characters (which i love). Id recommend Kassadin. Very under used character but incredibly lethal with the best mobility in the game.
    Laning shaco is not the right way to go; he's all about the jungle. That's not to say this trick won't work at lower levels.

I think you mentioned before that you play on US? because Kassa is still perma-banned on EU ;)

Advertisement