Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TVHeadend (Librelec) and Groups

• 10-09-2020 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭

Is is possible to have groups e.g. Music, News, Movies etc and move the channels into the relevant group

I can't seem to find any option to do it - there's the Bouquet tab but I'm at a loss how that works

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

fritzelly wrote: »
    Is is possible to have groups e.g. Music, News, Movies etc and move the channels into the relevant group

I can't seem to find any option to do it - there's the Bouquet tab but I'm at a loss how that works

Did you find a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Nope

You can display channels by Group in Kodi based on their tags.

I don't do so here; I arrage the channels by number having first determined in what order I want the channels to be listed.
    I do this by generating my own 'bouquets' which are the equivalent to the E2 bouquets. Tvh can read E2 type bouquets.
    So I have a bouquet for the Saorview channels and another for the Satellite channels.
    I could easily further sub-divide into multiple bouquets if I wished.

So I reckon what you want is fairly easily achievable using tags.
    I don't know about displaying using other than Kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

https://docs.tvheadend.org/webui/config_tags/

I've my tvheadend server off at the moment because it was heating up the room too much so can't take a picture but I have had groups like you want. They show up at the top in your kodi EPG and you can filter your channel list with them

https://docs.tvheadend.org/webui/config_tags/

I've my tvheadend server off at the moment because it was heating up the room too much so can't take a picture but I have had groups like you want. They show up at the top in your kodi EPG and you can filter your channel list with them

Yes, and for the channels listing you go left and select what group or All groups you want listed.

• Advertisement

I've my tvheadend server off at the moment because it was heating up the room too much .......

I meant to ask what are you using for a tvh server that is generates so much heat?
    Does it do other things also such as recoding or what?

I have my server running on a €40 ARM tv box (running CoreELEC Linux) and even then it never gets overloaded with 5 clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I meant to ask what are you using for a tvh server that is generates so much heat?
    Does it do other things also such as recoding or what?

I have my server running on a €40 ARM tv box (running CoreELEC Linux) and even then it never gets overloaded with 5 clients.

I had it on an old server I was also doing other homelab type stuff on. I've moved it between a dell r410 and an ibm x3400 M3 tower. Both of which pump out heat even on mild tasks.

Going to move it to a dell R330 soon which will use about 25 watts hopefully, getting it for free from work. :cool:

I had it on an old server I was also doing other homelab type stuff on. I've moved it between a dell r410 and an ibm x3400 M3 tower. Both of which pump out heat even on mild tasks.

Going to move it to a dell R330 soon which will use about 25 watts hopefully, getting it for free from work. :cool:

Hehehehehe ........ bigger than a sledgehammer to crack a peanut :D:D

Advertisement