Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calex range in Tesco

• 23-09-2020 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

What do we think of this range? They're a Dutch-based company and quality seems good so far. Found them in the Tesco hardware section.

My first home automation purchase (more to see how they work than anything).

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I've fitted 3 bulbs - work great and good quality light. Time will tell I guess.

It's not listed on the Tesco site, but there are plug-control switches available also. I've picked up one. Have yet to put it through its paces.

Google Home / Alexa compatible (I am using neither as yet). The Calex app itself looks fairly good - includes scenes / schedules, etc.

Might be a B+M option for those looking to dip their toe in the water!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Interesting, haven't heard of Calex before. I'm lookin at getting outdoor cameras and see they do one, however not much information on it i.e. mains powered, USB etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Yeah, their site is light on detail alright.
    In fact if you look to see where to buy, it only shows a couple of Tesco's in the Dublin area (I bought mine in Limerick).
    The only others I can find right now are here (via Google translate) for various bulbs (nice designs) and presence sensors, etc. However, I don't see a way of ordering for delivery here.

I guess if they take off through Tesco more of the range will become available.

But if you're just looking for a couple of lights and a plug or 2, these might fit the bill.

One thing I noticed - if there is a power outage for your house, each bulb defaulted to ON. I presume they would turn off again following whatever schedule you've set, but I just turned them off via the app once power was back on.

Advertisement