Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ring Pro doorbell in Ireland

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Cyrus wrote: »
    ok good to know, apparently getting the button off is a faff and i already have the G4 anyway :D

You just want a new doorbell, it's ok you can admit it here, we're all addicts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I have a Ring Pro for around 3 years now.

When it works, it is very good.

Biggest issue is getting notifications on the app all the time.

Chime in the house and Alexa always work.

But app on phone, not so. This is consistent whether I am using WiFi or 4G. It seems that if I open the app, then close it, I'll get a notification later that day. But that doesn't make sense. This is an Android phone and issue has been there across different versions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Redsoxfan wrote: »

But app on phone, not so. This is consistent whether I am using WiFi or 4G. It seems that if I open the app, then close it, I'll get a notification later that day. But that doesn't make sense. This is an Android phone and issue has been there across different versions.

Is it both motion and bell notifications you have the issue with?
    Is the app being put to sleep?

Davy wrote: »
    Is it both motion and bell notifications you have the issue with?
    Is the app being put to sleep?

I have motion disabled. So only want bell.

I don't believe app is being put to sleep. Any way I can check this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have motion disabled. So only want bell.

I don't believe app is being put to sleep. Any way I can check this?

It depends on the phone and software version your on, but should be in the battery settings. Wil have a list of optimised/Not. Add Ring to 'app that will not be put to sleep'.

Also, for the moment I would switch on motion notifications. Just to test the connectivity and see is that also an issue. I don't think its an app issue, but related to the phone or data connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Exact same issue with me. I dont have chime or Alexa so I rely solely on the push notification to phone and it simply doesn't work. I've put a sign to wrap the window as the bell doesn't work until I get something sorted

I updated the firmware on my router tonight and now everything has gone tits up. Both Ring devices showing offline in the app, but, the notifications coming in via phone, Alexa. But, can't view device on app and Chime is stuck in a loop trying to connect.

Will see how things are tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Think I'm going to go with the Eufy doorbell to replace my Ring pro. No fees for storage and apparently very reliable.
    Disappointed with Ring.

I updated the firmware on my router tonight and now everything has gone tits up. Both Ring devices showing offline in the app, but, the notifications coming in via phone, Alexa. But, can't view device on app and Chime is stuck in a loop trying to connect.

Will see how things are tomorrow.

Re-add the device as a new setup in the app. If you have a Chime Pro, just add this and not the Ring doorbell.

Re-add the device as a new setup in the app. If you have a Chime Pro, just add this and not the Ring doorbell.

So for the Chime Pro
    Remove current device
    Add as new device (using QR code?)
    Pair with doorbell

So that will sort the Chime, but, at the moment, the doorbell is showing as offline and cannot be viewed. But giving notifications...

• Advertisement

So for the Chime Pro
    Remove current device
    Add as new device (using QR code?)
    Pair with doorbell

So that will sort the Chime, but, at the moment, the doorbell is showing as offline and cannot be viewed. But giving notifications...

With the chime pro you shouldn't need to remove it.
    Just reset the chime pro with the pin for 5 seconds, then add via the app.

Once the doorbell is setup to connect to the chime pro network it should come back online in the app.

With the chime pro you shouldn't need to remove it.
    Just reset the chime pro with the pin for 5 seconds, then add via the app.

Once the doorbell is setup to connect to the chime pro network it should come back online in the app.

OK, reset the Chime last night night more than once and all going well until the firmware update starts and it gets stuck in a loop, have left for way longer than the 5 minutes.

So everything showing as offline.

Was reading up and perhaps turning off mobile data when trying to pair phone with Chime might work, but think I am beyond that stage so not sure if it will make a difference.

So everything showing as offline.

A reboot of the router and everything works again!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dietmar Hamann

Looking at ordering the Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus with a Chime Pro and I was wondering what to expect if I order directly from Ring's EU store.

Will the plug on the Chime Pro be the standard UK/ IRE plug or will I get the EU version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Looking at ordering the Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus with a Chime Pro and I was wondering what to expect if I order directly from Ring's EU store.

Will the plug on the Chime Pro be the standard UK/ IRE plug or will I get the EU version?

It typically comes with both EU and UK plugs which just snap on to the Chime - that's how a Chime arrived this week which I ordered from Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

My ring pro went offline last week - I’m pretty sure the device isn’t getting power from the mains - checked connections with phase tester

I think there may be an issue with either the ring transformer on the mains fuse or the power pack (I have spares of both)

Could anyone recommend an electrician/ handyman who could take a look? Based in south Dublin

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Wondering has anyone managed to get the Ring Pro to cast directly to a Smart TV when the doorbell rings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Wondering has anyone managed to get the Ring Pro to cast directly to a Smart TV when the doorbell rings ?

Smart as in with built in Alexa? Or smart as in with a firestick attached?

peteb2 wrote: »
    Smart as in with built in Alexa? Or smart as in with a firestick attached?

Both really. I have a new Samsung that I've yet to mount on the wall that came with Alexa built in. Was thinking it's not going to be as easy as saying "Alexa show me the front door" like I do with the Echo Show or is it ? I do have a relatively new Sony Smart TV in a different room that I'd like to be able to show the Ring cam on. Can I do this with a firestick attached, like you mentioned ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

If it's a Samsung you can using Samsung Smart things

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-use-the-ring-doorbell-pro-with-my-smart-tv/

I haven't tried this as I haven't got the Pro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Anyone imported a Ring Access Controller Pro yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Daith

Does know if this will plug into the mains ok or would I need a transformer?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WMKZZXL?ref_=pe_780071_41837251_dpLink

Could I go wire this for power but also use a Ring Chime?

If it's a Samsung you can using Samsung Smart things

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-use-the-ring-doorbell-pro-with-my-smart-tv/

I haven't tried this as I haven't got the Pro

Finally got the TV setup and have added the Ring Pro to SmartThings. The Smart Things app in my phone is picking up motion in the calendar and the TV is seeing motion when I got into Smart Things. When the below rings it is bringing up the small screen but will not show video nor will it show the door when I ask Alexa to show it via TV. She says OK but the picture just stays black. Before I set the Smart Things up it did display the front door when asked to do so via the Alexa button. I've tried deleting and reinstalling and have the apps setup to accept motion etc. Just wondering has anyone encountered similar issues or managed to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Bumping this. Have a Ring doorbell at my front door, but am also resurrecting electric gates. I'd like to move the Ring doorbell to the gate pillar and use the access controller pro to control the gates, but it's suspiciously unavailable in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm looking to get a Ring Plug-In Adapter for a Ring Wired Doorbell but it's saying the delivery time is 2 months away!? Anyone know of non Ring plug in adapters that will do the job instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

The wired doorbells are fairly forgiving on voltages. Mine is running off a standard fuseboard doorbell transformer.

Maybe there's a cheap non-Ring plug-in version available?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Despite having a house that's setup for Google, I've just had a Ring doorbell installed today. I have 3 Nest camera's, two displays, 3 Lenovo clocks and a mini speaker. I'd wanted the Nest doorbell but just couldn't justify the cost as I'd have to have someone put it in too. Browsing Argos just before Christmas I saw the Ring for less than €50 and bought one. While I have a Hub Max in the living room (I use this as a monitor with my 4.5 year old at night) I also had a Lenovo smart clock there, just as a clock. That's been ditched and an Echo Show 5 now sits where that was.

Here's the question though, I've installed the Ring skill for Alexa and linked the accounts but when the doorbell is pressed, it's not showing up. Also, I have an Echo Flex, I thought that could be used as a notification for when the doorbell was pressed but again, it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Did you ask Alexa to discover devices after this (although I think normally it does it automatically once you do)? For the Echo Flex you will probably need to setup a routine in the Alexa (not Ring) App. If the doorbell appears in your Smart Home devices you can use a doorbell press a trigger even and have the action to play a sound on the Flex.

Advertisement