Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No free eye test - 2019 tax not included?

Options
  • 02-08-2020 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I went to my optician to book an eye test, and they checked to see if I could claim a free test. When they checked, they said I wasn't entitled to one. But when I got the letter stating why from the government, they only counted my 2017/2018 tax, and nothing for 2019 at all. Has anyone else had this problem recently? Who do you appeal to?

EDIT: Thanks to Wench I see 2019 isn't included yet. Problem solved. Thanks Wench.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

It is based on your PRSI, not your tax.
    Were you working in 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 thenetherrealm

wench wrote: »
    It is based on your PRSI, not your tax.
    Were you working in 2019?
    Sorry, yes, PRSI. I have worked full time since 2017 in the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Have you had an eye test in the past 24 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I went to my optician to book an eye test, and they checked to see if I could claim a free test. When they checked, they said I wasn't entitled to one. But when I got the letter stating why from the government, they only counted my 2017/2018 tax, and nothing for 2019 at all. Has anyone else had this problem recently? Who do you appeal to?

This should help you understand it a bit better and where you fit into the criteria as age plays a factor too

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/1fb655-treatment-benefit-scheme/

You can see the full criteria here. If you're over 25, you need to have 260 contributions paid, as well as the 39 in 2017/18.
    2019 isn't relevant yet

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/1fb655-treatment-benefit-scheme/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 thenetherrealm

I understand all that. My issue is, in the letter I received it stated I had 0 PRSI in 2019, which is wrong. I worked the entire year and paid PRSI every payslip. Just wondering who do I contact?

They may have just not included it yet as it isn't relevant to the query.
    You can check your record on https://services.mywelfare.ie/en/topics/statements-and-refunds/

Advertisement