Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hamilton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Conorbarry1984

I have to say I loved this show, wasnt sure what to expect when I bought the tickets but wow it’s amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭5star02707

Watched the show last week and the casts were amazing that day!
    Here's the kicker, Ms. Lea Salonga was in the audience as well watching it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just saw it last night. Incredible. Brilliant. Stunning.

Eliza and George Washington in particular were outrageously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Just saw it last night. Incredible. Brilliant. Stunning.

Eliza and George Washington in particular were outrageously good.

Eliza has stolen the show both times I've seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Wasn’t totally mad on Eliza - she was very talented and did what she did well, but I thought she was quite boring, if you know what I mean? Like she didn’t make the part her own? Whereas I saw two different actors playing Hamilton, Lafayette/Jefferson and King George and each actor had their own spin on it.

Really great show - thoroughly enjoyed it. Never thought a musical about one of the founding fathers of USA would be in my top 5! It’s a really clever musical too - I saw this YouTube video about motifs (look it’s up, its great). And also, all the Easter Eggs in it too - I watched the original Disney Beauty and the Beast today and Gaston says “screw your courage to the sticking place”. There are so many references to other films, songs, etc. (I could talk about Hamilton all day!!)

• Advertisement

Karl Queensborough as Hamilton and Waylon Jacobs as Burr impressed me the most :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Went Wednesday, was brilliant. Had great seats too.

Hadn't explained what it was to my wife. She knew it was a musical and that's it. She loved it too.

Now... Will it ever come to Ireland? Please, I wanna see it again!

Hadn't explained what it was to my wife. She knew it was a musical and that's it. She loved it too.

Not for a long time. It's selling out months in advance in London, that usually means years before a tour. 3-5 years would be my guess

There is also a great Facebook community group

https://facebook.com/groups/539808286215045?

They posts pictures of seats and what's the view like.

5star02707 wrote: »
    There is also a great Facebook community group

https://facebook.com/groups/539808286215045?

They posts pictures of seats and what's the view like.

I always use theatre monkey for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/efforts-underway-to-bring-hamilton-to-dublin-900374.html :D

If anyone wants to watch Hamilton this December or January 2020 tickets will be available this Monday

https://twitter.com/HamiltonWestEnd/status/1162318083039477760?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Disney just paid $75m for the rights to the screen version of the stage show.

This is not an adaptation like Les Mis. It’s the original cast in the original stage production.

Coming late 2021

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hamilton-movie-lin-manuel-miranda-2-1203490645/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The original cast live recording of Hamilton on Broadway will premier in Disney+ on July 3rd.

This is the original stage show with the original cast in the original theatre. NOT a film adaptation (which I’d also be interested in)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Looking forward to watching this tonight.
    My boyfriend has no clue what he's in for .I'll have to try stop myself singing along for the whole duration!

Gonna get a take out in and watch it with the wife tonight. looking forward to it.

Watching it right now. It’s quite stunning.

I could do with more filmed musicals on demand.

Gotta say.... I preferred the UK cast.

• Advertisement

Gotta say.... I preferred the UK cast.

Hamilton, Eliza for sure better in the West End for me. Miranda has acknowledged he's not a great singer, to the extent that he went through some pretty intensive training before resuming the role in Puerto Rico.

Just like in London, Lafayette/Jefferson steals the show. Daveed Diggs is incredible.

Hamilton, Eliza for sure better in the West End for me. Miranda has acknowledged he's not a great singer, to the extent that he went through some pretty intensive training before resuming the role in Puerto Rico.

Just like in London, Lafayette/Jefferson steals the show. Daveed Diggs is incredible.

I thought burr had a much stronger voice and presence in the UK version I saw too.

Jefferson was great yep.

I thought burr had a much stronger voice and presence in the UK version I saw too.

Jefferson was great yep.

I really like Leslie Odom as Burr. I don't think it's the strength of his voice so much as the style. He's incredible on Wait For It and Dear Theodosia. The South African guy who played him in the West End was phenomenal too.

Was surprised just how weak Miranda sounded as on the soundtrack he's passable, if notably inferior to his colleagues. His rapping much better than his singing but when he's singing in his own is really quite surprising how poor he is. Absolute genius though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ok so just watching this on Disney+ now and not really getting what the buzz was all about.

Ya the music is ok, but not really seeing anything else in it in terms of storytelling and character development. They might as well be aliens on Mars

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Lk

Each to their own, I loved it and have watched it several times. Others I know can’t get into it.

it’s probably my absolute favourite musical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

I dunno, like... what is it about, all I can hear is people singing the words "Hamilton" this and "Alexander Hamilton" that over and over, with two women being - to say the least - overly emotional about this "Alexander Hamilton" guy.

When the "Alexander Hamilton" guy is on stage he seems angry or torn about something... and there's a kind of American Civil War vibe going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's coming......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Can't stand Rap, like about 1% Hip Hop. Couldn't sit through this

• Advertisement

Tickets on sale April 28th, 9am.

I will be in the air from 8.30 to 10 on April 28th.

What cruel fate is this!

Advertisement