Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dylan Tuke

• 01-03-2020 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering when he is going to be fighting again.
    I saw him lose to the Super Sodiz guy with the controversial stoppage a while back and there was a lot of heat around him before that but I've heard nothing since. Has he finished up?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Buckets of potential, he is still very young. Hopefully he can pull things together and he can get some stability in his life and get back focused on training and fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I'd usually be one for giving someone without a criminal record the benefit of the doubt, but the details of that attack were exceptionally grim. The guy comes across as a violent, racist, psychopath despite all of the accentuating circumstances. No way he deserves not to have a criminal record after that assault. I'd be interested to hear the taxi driver's take on things - hopefully he'll be afforded the right to make a victim impact statement prior to sentencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'd usually be one for giving someone without a criminal record the benefit of the doubt, but the details of that attack were exceptionally grim. The guy comes across as a violent, racist, psychopath despite all of the accentuating circumstances. No way he deserves not to have a criminal record after that assault. I'd be interested to hear the taxi driver's take on things - hopefully he'll be afforded the right to make a victim impact statement prior to sentencing.

The fact that Dylan has no criminal record, or any history of criminal activity is an absolute miracle. His upbringing was truely horrendous. I knew of his parents, and a pal of mine worked with his granny who effectively took over raising him and done a really good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

I trained with him 3-4 years in Kokoro before he moved to SBG. MMA was then a great outlet for him, you could see he had a lot going on and he was looked after by Shane & then Darragh. SBG did not suit him at all.

He strikes me as someone lost who had a very hard start in life. If he does not get some help he is going to send up locked up or worse. He has the switch as I call it and can change behavior very quickly.

Excellent fighter and he needs to made some decisions - the likes of Tom and Chris can only do so much, it is up to him now as he is a grown man.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads no talk about ongoing legal matters.. the same applies here with Dylan Tuke as it does with McGregor..

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Tuke's two losses are both to lads who are in the UFC currently. Sodiq Yusuff, his last opponent is currently on a 4 fight win streak in the UFC after winning on Dana White's Tuesday night contender series.

He's currently with team KF who have the hottest prospect in Irish MMA Ian Garry in their ranks, alongside loads of other talented fighters with great records.

Hopefully he can get a fight this year, or early next year.

For those that haven't seen it, his fight vs Ventre is a must watch for any Irish MMA fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhFZt2oy93E

I'd like to see a rematch vs Ventre in Cage Warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

I trained with him 3-4 years in Kokoro before he moved to SBG. MMA was then a great outlet for him, you could see he had a lot going on and he was looked after by Shane & then Darragh. SBG did not suit him at all.

He strikes me as someone lost who had a very hard start in life. If he does not get some help he is going to send up locked up or worse. He has the switch as I call it and can change behavior very quickly.

Excellent fighter and he needs to made some decisions - the likes of Tom and Chris can only do so much, it is up to him now as he is a grown man.

What was it about SBG that didn't suit him out of curiosity?. I though he fought most of his fights under SBG?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

DodoDojo wrote: »
    What was it about SBG that didn't suit him out of curiosity?. I though he fought most of his fights under SBG?

I think he found the egos of both some fighters and coach a challenge to deal with. During a spar session he would do more than hold his own and then later on see the posts going up of the ego boys with the quotes of animal, champ in waiting etc

Element of him going from big fish to small fish in a much bigger cliquey gym. Some of the fights he was matched with considering how young he was did not do him any favours either and may not have had his best intentions behind them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

I think he found the egos of both some fighters and coach a challenge to deal with. During a spar session he would do more than hold his own and then later on see the posts going up of the ego boys with the quotes of animal, champ in waiting etc

Element of him going from big fish to small fish in a much bigger cliquey gym. Some of the fights he was matched with considering how young he was did not do him any favours either and may not have had his best intentions behind them

Ah I see that totally makes sense. Thanks for giving some insight. I hope he learns from this mistake and gets back at it, he definitely has great potential and does seem like a nice enough lad usually anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He's statements about SGB HQ while he was there were very positive.
    Praised certain people he fell in with early on. He never actually left SBG at any point. So doesn't seem like there was any issue with the label or the people he was training with - but rather the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

He has been training out of SBG Swords for years and not so much SBG HQ. Ais Daly, Tom King and Chris Fields have looked after him very well.

Advertisement