Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvelous Veggie - new vegan food delivery service in Dublin

• 20-04-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

This is very exciting, a new vegan food delivery service based in Phibsboro! Check out their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/marvelousveg

From the page:

About

Eat Fresh, Live Better!
    This is your first vegan food delivery service in Dublin Area. From Wednesday to Sunday, from 12 to 7pm.

Description

Order quick, healthy prepared meals, made fresh from scratch using the highest-quality ingredients, for same-day delivery to your door each weekday. Don’t get bored with your dinner options. Discover new dishes each day on the menu, including options for all VEGANS, VEGETARIANS, GLUTEN FREE and DAIRY FREE of eaters. Our philosophy is simple; all of our products are HOMEMADE and 100% FRESH. High quality and natural state of food. We are convinced that top quality and low prices can lead to the same positive results.

HOW MARVELOUS WORKS:

- Order From Daily Menus
    All meal deliveries are made on weekly days between 12:00am - 6:00pm
    New menus give you fresh options each weeknight. Orders need to be placed before 12AM of the next day for lunch time and until 4PM for dinner time. Gluten free options available upon request. Select a delivery time when you check out.
    - Ready to Eat in Minutes
    Meals are delivered chilled, with simple instructions to heat your meal in minutes using your microwave or oven.
    -Do You Offer Pickups?
    Yep, curbside actually! Order until 5PM, and pick up your order between 5PM-7PM at Phibsboro Road in Dublin 7. Call or text when you arrive, we’ll bring it right out.
    You can also get your daily menu on your mobile.

A sample menu:

WMyit9T.jpg

They were even doing vegan easter eggs: (too late for this now though I'm sorry!)

yskbjzJ.jpg

What do you think? Has anyone tried them yet? Can't wait to try them next time I'm home since they're just beside me.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've tried teh peanut butter egg ;) and it was the best egg I've ever had. Peanut butter layer throughout the whole shell was an amazing idea.

I'm defintiely trying their meal deals soon and they are so close, very handy! All the pictures of their food is amazing, and it sounds great. Hope they do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I think I also saw on their page where they can do bigger family type meals, they also do large dessert pies, that could be very handy if you're looking for something to bring to a pot luck/family meal etc.

oh me gosh icecream :D

JZKi4fA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Oh dear god I think I see a vegan banoffee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Im gonna try and get something off them this weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Ordered from these earlier, very impressed! The food was lovely and extremely reasonably priced. Both my boyfriend (vegan) and I (non-vegan) were very happy with it :)

Did they have any meal deal on? Still haven't gotten around to ordering, I should have today damn!

I was a bit confused about the whole ordering process so I asked them about it yesterday - you can order from the full menu at any time, but they recommend placing the order the day before or early in the day so that it'll definitely be ready. So I placed mine yesterday to pick up today. I had a small pizza, the boyfriend had cannelloni, and we also got a banana and cinnamon pizza for dessert. :) You can also get the daily meal deal, I just fancied a pizza :D

Tar you're so stingey! :P You can order any time not just when there's a deal ha

What was banana and cinnamon pizza like? I'm a bit scared by dessert pizzas!

I really liked it! It was quite sweet but that's not a problem to me :P I'd never had a dessert pizza before either but I really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Is the food delivered all cooked and hot or do you reheat it yourself? I'm well outside their normal delivery area so it would be cool if I could go collect a few things then leave them in the fridge and reheat as required.

If you ask them I'm sure they will do what you want, either way you can always just leave it in your fridge and reheat it

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Ugh! Came to check the name of this place as I am in mood for something quick and easy to pick up on the way home...order before 12am for delivery the following day!! I'm hungry NOW lol

that doesnt sound right ive only ever ordered on the same day, give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I'm in college at 11am on a Wednesday in the city center, send a text asking for a hot e5 pizza delivered outside my college for 4.30 that day, and get it. Is this thread saying such a dream is possible?

`Should be, give tehm a call and ask. I've ordered at around 4 for a delivery at 6-7 before. Have been later than they said before though!

I guess try to remember they are just a teeny tiny business, set up in their own home I think, so it's understandable they need time to prepare stuff, so they say they prefer you order the day before but they can also do same day. If you have any questions for them I'd say just send them a message on fb and they should get back to you quick enough.

And I saw them mention somewhere that they do leave heating instructions with the food. You can also collect from their house in Phibsboro afaik.

The only thing and I said it to the girl before, but I wish they'd get paypal coz obviously I'm not at home at the moment and I'd like to be able to have stuff delivered to people if I wanted.

New stuff from the Marvelous guys!

3fzG3IZ.jpg

1xHEXYs.jpg

Hi Folks! Some MARVELOUS good news to start the week with - We're back on track! Check it out our brand new menu and keep your eyes on our page for MARVELOUS news about our meeting up's, recipes, workshops and events. Send us inbox messages for further information and to place your order.
    And remind that all our products are a 100% handmade. So, if possible, try to place your order at least one day before so we can make everything extra fresh for you! Marvelous team.

Advertisement