Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Like a log...

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

AStudyInScarlet.jpg

Part 1 on this novella would be familiar to anyone who has seen the most recent BBC adaption, and tbh I was a little annoyed that i couldn't get Cumberbatch and Freeman out of my head.

However Part 2 (most of it anyway) was an unexpected and pleasant surprise, as the story's setting shifts from London to the great plains of Salt Lake City, and there's a sudden "Great American Novel" feel to it. I absolutely adored the writing in this part.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Can I ask what your day job is? You read very quickly!

I'm office based, but I'm not reading as much these days, a book every 2-3 weeks seems to be my average at the minute. Plus I've just started studying part time, so I'll be reading even less now.

I think I'm going to focus on Novellas for a while, quick reads I can get through in between study. Don't want anything too heavy as I might get bogged down with other stuff.

113205.jpg

I thought this was excellent! Very funny also.

underthedome.jpg

Good book, awful ending...truly awful.

• Advertisement

Helter_Skelter_Bugliosi_1st-ed-1974_WWNorton.jpg

Superb. Really good read.

roots-cover-cropped1.jpg

Born%20to%20Run.jpg

Brilliant