Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

places to get good salads, and fruit salads for lunch

Options
  • 06-07-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all.
    know this is kind of similar to the other thread started on lunch/snack ideas but it's slightly different as well so hope it's okay to start another thread.
    From Monday, I'll be starting a part time job :)
    What I'm wondering is, where can I pick up good prepared salads and fruit salads for lunch? I plan to eat either salad bowls or raps with same in them for lunch, also would like to eat fruit salads as well. Where are good places to get these? Presume centra is not great? same for spar?
    I know though that these stores do have glenisk yoghurts though so will buy these from there.
    Just to give you an example of what I'd like for a salad, so maybe I can get some good recommendations.
    Humus, quinoa, Couscous/rice, Beat route, cucumber, Sweet corn, Onion, Peppers, Egg, (free range where possible)
    I know you can get most of the items for the salads in normal dellys, but would they have the rice salad, humus, or quninoa there?
    Also, is there a good place around dublin to get a good fruit salad? Or would I be better going to a supermarket for this?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Blazing Salads are incredible and of course you can copy their salad ideas yourself. I often buy a tub of salad and a pack of their marinated tofu. http://www.blazingsalads.com/ I'm pretty sure they're 100% vegan.

There's a limited selection of their salads to be got in The Hopsack Rathmines during the week.

Advertisement