Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan Recommendations

• 01-12-2009 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good fake tan brand that reasonably priced and won't turn out Orange once it on the skin.

I know a few people who use Fake Bake and tbh, imo, it looks Orange.

I'd like something that looks "normal/natural".

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

How about no fake tan? I hate the stuff. Usually looks silly.

HOWEVER! If I ever feel the need the use fake ten I like the Loreal gradual tan stuff. http://www.pharmacyathand.co.uk/media/gbu0/prodlg/3600520886176_IMAGE2.jpg
    I find it less streaky than the other ones on the market. And fair is dark enough if you are very fair like me! Also I've heard loads of good things about Xen-Tan. It's expensive though.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Alroos

Try Xen Tan, it comes out really nice and best of all doesn't have that horrible biscuity smell that a lot of tans have :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

TBH in all the years of the fake tan craze I have never ever seen one that didn't look orange and most women turn out looking like an oompa loompa that got splashed with some bleach! Only fake one I have ever seen that ever appears normal and can blend is the tinted moisturiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Lo23

I have tried almost every single type of fake tan over the years!!
    I love He Shi...its very natural and easy to apply!!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Tbh, I don't think it looks good. What's wrong with pale? I dont get it. But I guess, if you really are set on it, go pro to be safe. Wouldn't wanna end up orange and streaky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I have been using Lancome flash bronzer mousse for about 7 years now and it has never let me down! A bottle costs about 28e but a little goes a long way and one can would do me about six months. However, I think it needs to be applied properly with a mitt and the colour comes up straight away so you can keep putting on more until you're happy with the shade. I don't think I'll ever use another brand now, I just can't say enough good things about this fake tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks for the recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Sally Henson all the way.

It is an instant tan, its called airbrush legs but all my friends and I use it all over.

I go for the tan glow shade.

You rub it on (I use a mitt) goes on so smoothly makes your skin looks radiant.

It doesn't come off with rain/drink spills. You'll need to scrub it off in morning.

Trust me, best fake tan EVER ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I like the Clarins gel - its rubs in really well, no smell and very natural looking

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

The best tan I've found is Vani-T Bronzing Custard which is the gradual tan version. I think its €21 and Arnotts + Unicare pharmacies stock it.

It smells nice enough + it dries in extremely quickly. Just make sure you exfoliate really well before using it. It's a lovely natural colour + I always get loads of compliments when I wear it. I usually layer it over 2-3 nights but if you're looking for a light tan one application would be fine.

I'm a beauty therapist so I've tried pretty much every tan out there and Vani-T is my favourite but I also like St Tropez Everyday Lotion + Fake Bake Mousse. Also "Fake Don't Bake" a cheap alternative to Fake Bake that costs €3 in Dunnes is really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I am now a fan of paleness!

However when I do feel the need to 'tan' I use Loreal Sublime Bronze Facial Bronzer, on the body! It is excellent for that natural glow but absolutely no oompa lumpa in sight!:) Conversely I would never use fake tan on my face, unless you want serious breakout...

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 polkadott

hi all, I've recently bought heshi spray tan at the beauty trade show and was wondering does anyone out there know where I could order some more?I am a freelance beautician so i cannot order it from my job etc as I dont work in a salon..any informantion on this would be greatly appreciated because its by far my favourite tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

I love sun FX & st tropez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Charlie.

I find Bronz Express really good, easy to put on and control the level of colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

My friend has a mobile beauty business and uses Rock Star Tan you can buy it in chemists now. It matches your own skin type its wicked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I usually use st. tropez now, it's not very dark if you don't leave it on for too long! Clarins lotion is good as well and really easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Not a big fan of fake tan, but I love Sally Henson Airbrush Legs for special occasions or for just when i feel like it! I use it all over my body, and I don't even see it as fake tan, it's almost just like foundation for your skin. I use the lighter shade and I find it just evens out my skin, which can be a bit blotchy at times, and doesn't look orange at all. Once it's rubbed in properly it's not noticeable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

+1million for sally henson best instant tan ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

polkadott wrote: »
    hi all, I've recently bought heshi spray tan at the beauty trade show and was wondering does anyone out there know where I could order some more?I am a freelance beautician so i cannot order it from my job etc as I dont work in a salon..any informantion on this would be greatly appreciated because its by far my favourite tan!

Brown Sugar used to stock it http://www.brownsugar.ie/
    Shop in Blackrock and South William Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

I use Hi-Shi and find it great. Its instant and you can see it going on.
    My friend swears my Tantastic - so I purchased some yesterday to test out at wkend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Charlie. wrote: »
    I find Bronz Express really good, easy to put on and control the level of colour.

+1 for Bronz Express

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lm19

The best tan is St. Moritz from pennys! Only 4 euro aswell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Xen tan!! Absolutely brilliant - gives a really natural colour! Got the gradual tanner but they have a dark lotion and a mousse (which i'm going to try next) but the gradual tanner gives a great colour after only 2 applications! You can buy it online on feelunique.com - no delivery charge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

Sally Hanson or Sunshimmer. I have SERIOUSLY pale skin, so if tan will look orange on anyone, it's me. These two never look orange on me and never streak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

id second the Sally Hanson reccommendation. It goes on like foundation so its really easy to apply and no wayyy is it orange! Its really good! Its not too badly prices, €14 in tesco i think! Anyways, i would definatly use that!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

Can anyone recommend a good fake tan brand that reasonably priced and won't turn out Orange once it on the skin.

I know a few people who use Fake Bake and tbh, imo, it looks Orange.

I'd like something that looks "normal/natural".

Thanks.

Fantasy Spray Tan is the best. Costs €30 at my local beauticians! Is brilliant. Lasted me a week! Got it done the day before. Just got 2 coats, your beautician can advise you on how dark to go. I would definitely recommend this. I've tried He-Shi but it's not great IMO. Definitely get a spray tan professionally, cuts out all the hassle and gives you a natural looking glow, also leaves it very easy to blend in make-up as a light layer of tan is put on your face!! Hope this helps! Let me know what option you went with!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Naomi_x

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze self tan gel is really good for a natural looking tan and it lasts for a good few days. If you get the one for fair skin it's not orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

lm19 wrote: »
    The best tan is St. Moritz from pennys! Only 4 euro aswell!!
    Isn't this stuff supposed to be just like St Tropez or am I thinking of something else.
    Thought you could only buy it offline though...

Advertisement