Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I knew it was a pricey one but not that much. I won't be selling it anyway. Well not until it's worth €5000 in 20 years? That's how it works right?

Actually have a decent N64 collection now, all donations, haven't bought a single one. I must get an everdrive for it and some decent hookups because I have a want to play some of the games for it now. Game I have are pal so probably crippled compared to the NTSC stuff

Yeah PAL stuff is pretty wonky. Some can be sped up to 60 Hz but it probably causes glitches and sound issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Common enough stuff.... Except for Path of Radiance.

Have you seen the price that goes for now!?!

Nice haul.

Also if you do plan to play it play it on the easiest setting. That's the 'Normal' setting in the japanese release. They renamed Normal and Hard to Easy and Normal in the original release and well with Fire Emblem having an insane difficulty as standard you can imagine how much frustration that caused at release.

I didn’t know this when I played through back on release. My boy Boyd died the second last mission...
    I’ll never forget the heart ache. Took me a while to recover. Housemate recently played through on hard (normal I guess) and it’s still fantastic.

The newest one on switch annoyed me no end. Completed it but it’s turned me off the series and 60+ hour games in general. There was 30+ hours of wandering around a college campus chatting up students and gifting flowers. Hated it. From the original nes to radient dawn were all beyond excellent. The series lost what I loved about it around the 3DS games.

:,(

What we need is a new advance wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Actually have a decent N64 collection now, all donations, haven't bought a single one. I must get an everdrive for it and some decent hookups because I have a want to play some of the games for it now. Game I have are pal so probably crippled compared to the NTSC stuff

I only learned recently that NTSC games run at 60Hz even on a PAL N64 when played either via a convertor cart of from an Everdrive!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Danonino. wrote: »
    I didn’t know this when I played through back on release. My boy Boyd died the second last mission...
    I’ll never forget the heart ache. Took me a while to recover. Housemate recently played through on hard (normal I guess) and it’s still fantastic.

The newest one on switch annoyed me no end. Completed it but it’s turned me off the series and 60+ hour games in general. There was 30+ hours of wandering around a college campus chatting up students and gifting flowers. Hated it. From the original nes to radient dawn were all beyond excellent. The series lost what I loved about it around the 3DS games.

:,(

The series has embraced anime wholeheartedly and unfortunately modern anime is mostly complete scutter. But it's also what saved the series from the scrap heap. Unfortunately we probably won't see another gritty Tactics Ogre-esque game like Genealogy of War and will have anime tropes, the tactics game from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

The series has embraced anime wholeheartedly and unfortunately modern anime is mostly complete scutter. But it's also what saved the series from the scrap heap. Unfortunately we probably won't see another gritty Tactics Ogre-esque game like Genealogy of War and will have anime tropes, the tactics game from now on.

Sad but 100%

It’s weird, I enjoyed FE Tokyo Mirage sessions and other far more anime or JRPGy games, but Three houses just, urgghhhh I don’t want to play a fishing mini game in a pseudo open world college with love interests. It’s Fire Emblem damn it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Danonino. wrote: »

Why has it been so long?? I did enjoy some of the Fire Emblem games, but mainly because I've been craving an Advance Wars game now for years.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Why has it been so long?? I did enjoy some of the Fire Emblem games, but mainly because I've been craving an Advance Wars game now for years.

Because Fire Emblem + Anime dating sells like crazy and the last AW game on DS was a bit of a flop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Because Fire Emblem + Anime dating sells like crazy and the last AW game on DS was a bit of a flop.

I know it probably doesn't count, but I do have the Batallion Wars games on the GC and Wii... not that I played them very much...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Meant to post here I'm now the owner of a Wonderswan and a Mother 1+2 cart (from Aliexpress) thanks to a very kind fellow A&R member

EyFy-aGWYAUNyHY?format=jpg&name=large

Devil's World and Ninja Gaiden for the Famicom arrived today.

550144.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Got a load of original arcade artwork today and advertisements today, some really neat stuff.

Can match a lot of stuff up with their original games now like undercover cops, turtles, vendetta etc.

Highlights of the bunch are an original Nintendo folder full of Nintendo advertisements, and the Indiana Jones is cool too.

A lot of them have a few gimmicks, like the Indiana Jones unfolding into a three dimensional thing.

You can see a lot of them online, but the real deal is always nice :)

IMG-20210414-173619-1-2.jpg

IMG-20210414-173632-0.jpg

IMG-20210414-173651-3.jpg

And one for the red tent too

IMG-20210414-175208-7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not often I've anything new to show here these days, but I got x2 of those RetroUSB adapters which allow the use of original Nes controllers via USB. Quality seems very good, they work perfectly with RetroArch, and it's pretty nice to be able to play NES games with an original controller now! I might try out some of his other adapters at some stage.

Site - https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=158

1618674788395.jpg

1618674788397.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked up a pair of these repo stools
    Perspective makes it look huge :D
    1db5UWm.jpg

Nice got a few of those over the years, picked up new fabric for them but not had the chance to redo them yet.. Would love to find something similar with a back on it though, after an hour or so it's a killer haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

The taito bench is pretty cool but couldn’t justify the crazy money they sell for.
    These will do me for now, just realised the cling film is still on the legs, whoops

Yeah same here, crazy money think my first astro was less than there going for now.. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, Protector/YASI arrived today, all the way from Packrat games in the States.

Protector is a lovely Defender clone and YASI is Yet Another Space Invaders clone, except this looks completely authentic, and it can be played with the buttons only and, with the YASI overlay I bought in preparation for this very day...

I did have a dodgy .bin of the game, and it worked fine but, apparently, there are tasty extras on the genuine cart so I am looking forward to uncovering those.

The Veccy adventure continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Picked up a pair of these repo stools
    Perspective makes it look huge :D

Can I ask where you picked then up? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just got this bundle off of Brownfinger (thanks again) https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058179898
    Now all I need to get up and running is a supergun and working neogeo board so if anyone is selling those please get in touch :)

Burzum wrote: »
    Just got this bundle off of Brownfinger (thanks again) https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058179898
    Now all I need to get up and running is a supergun and working neogeo board so if anyone is selling those please get in touch :)

Glad you got them.
    They need a bath dont they ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Glad you got them.
    They need a bath dont they ?!

Haha yeah they do, will give them a good clean when I move house in a few weeks and have the time/space to use them.

That Atari mesh sign is class, will be putting that up on the wall in my work cabin, and also that little handheld is deadly put an sd with a ton of megadrive games on it and is great to have on the table for some quick sega goodness.

My Famicom Disk System came today. Included was a game called Crackout, a Breakout clone from Konami which isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Finally got my 2 Sinden Lightguns this week.
    Spent the last 4 days trying to get them actually working on my TV via RetroPie. Realised my TV brightness was too low for the gun camera to pick up the border. Frustrating to only figure this out at the end of a long weekend!

At least now i just have to pick some games to play on the Pi now!

I picked up the Flashboy+ from Relikk yesterday, sold as non-working.
    Turns out the Flashboy+ for the Virtual Boy works though I think it might be the flashing software or the padding application I am using.
    I flashed Space Invaders Virtual Collection to it and it works a treat!
    Really, there are only about three or four titles that I'll use it with, the aforementioned one, Tetris and a couple of others.
    The homebrew scene isn't that great, certainly nowhere near the level of the Veccy.
    Still, it's a unique machine, very overlooked by a lot of collectors too.
    Well worth picking up with at least Mario Tennis and Wario, if you can find one.

I promise, promise, promise not to sell this one...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I picked up the Flashboy+ from Relikk yesterday, sold as non-working.
    Turns out the Flashboy+ for the Virtual Boy works though I think it might be the flashing software or the padding application I am using.
    I flashed Space Invaders Virtual Collection to it and it works a treat!
    Really, there are only about three or four titles that I'll use it with, the aforementioned one, Tetris and a couple of others.
    The homebrew scene isn't that great, certainly nowhere near the level of the Veccy.
    Still, it's a unique machine, very overlooked by a lot of collectors too.
    Well worth picking up with at least Mario Tennis and Wario, if you can find one.

I promise, promise, promise not to sell this one...

Did you give bound high a go? Always interested in trying that.

Not yet, maybe later.
    I was playing my Metroid cart, picked up from Inviere yesterday, I'm still terrible at it

Just gave Bound High a go, it's great, certainly you can sense the extra time and polish it got, compared to the initial titles on the VB.
    It's a window into what might have been.
    Most earlier VB titles feel like repurposed NES/Gameboy titles, while Bound High definitely feels more like a Snes game

And now I own another PVM...
    Yay!

Oskf-L7EH2Y6oNAg3RNYIgR6rECu2vriOV2J0Wz17G00jnkv4hOahOb8LjsBh1_OPLXntUOrNsteaPF11rMT6RGSCZYLOnU4Hj4w-rk4I8bme-lKvm5SUxLaHdOsM8Tl6mEYadGP61Q=w2400

The new one is the little one in the middle foreground.
    Please excuse the mess!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Couple of gets in the post today. Was looking for a replacement DS shell as the one I have is basically just disintegrating. The plastic on these, particularly on the hinges is so brittle. Found this boxed one instead for €5 from Japan. Unfortunately I didn’t see in the pictures that the hinge on this one is also broken so the hunt goes on!

Also some N64 baseball games and a mahjong game for the SNES off the marketplace. Thanks again!

C48863-EB-BB8-B-44-BD-86-B0-60449605-F239.jpg

D1-F1-C213-198-F-4-F3-F-8-DB7-6-C5-B17-AD326-D.jpg

• Advertisement

I got a Retrotink 5x yesterday and while it’s a great device, I have buyers remorse.

It’s much more user friendly than my OSSC, but that is one of the problems. I hadn’t realised how much the tweaks I made to things like backporch and horizontal sampling impact some consoles.

The one I play most on my LCD TV, the GC, needs tweaking to display circles as circles and the user friendly nature of the 5x means that isn’t possible.

The other thing it does is S-Video and composite. The former looks okay on it, but composite is a waste of time.

There are plenty of other features I need to investigate. Its deinterlacer is amazing and how it scales things is amazing.

I guess I was hoping to move on the OSSC to offset some of the cost but now might hold on to it.

Advertisement