Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20/21 €50 H2H Draft League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Who was it?

He's still available, it was Abraham.

I expect Chelsea to line up with Abraham up top and Havertz behind him with Werner on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I originally drafted him and then dumped him when I thought he has no chance with Werner there. Will be interesting to see if he gets back in. Was happy to get Adams this week he has been unlucky not to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

eoghan104 wrote: »
    I originally drafted him and then dumped him when I thought he has no chance with Werner there. Will be interesting to see if he gets back in. Was happy to get Adams this week he has been unlucky not to score.

Fair enough. Abraham is worth a punt if someone has a dud upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Aguero & Jesus injured!!!!

Think I need to set one of those beautiful butterflies free!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Aguero & Jesus injured!!!!

Think I need to set one of those beautiful butterflies free!

I’m happy to trade BamBam for either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,643 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    Can see Jesus was already waived

CSF wrote: »
    Can see Jesus was already waived

Yeah.

A mistake I made in the draft was going full strength in any one position.

I wouldn’t swap any of my 3 strikers for many.

So next week I could be last and pass on Jesus.

Next year I’ll make sure I have a dud in each position in case real world transfers give up good options.

They were also slow as **** to add a couple of players which has given good advantage to bottom of the league table managers.

Sorry jumped on Abraham when I went through who was available in the free signings!

Didn’t even cross my mind that someone would want him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Better hope CSF wins this week and gets off the bottom... Bale and Jesus on top of what he already has would not he good for competition in this league.

Better hope CSF wins this week and gets off the bottom... Bale and Jesus on top of what he already has would not he good for competition in this league.

Looks good on paper, but I carried a load of decent injured players in a draft H2H league last year and it did me no good!

• Advertisement

Yeah. Not happy with how strong CSF will look if he’s bottom again after this GW.

Second year in a row I picked Alli and Cancelo in the draft.

I must have been under pressure.

Looks good on paper, but I carried a load of decent injured players in a draft H2H league last year and it did me no good!

True you need 11 out every week and no more than 1 or 2 injuries really but Jesus looks only to be out for a month, of which 2 weeks are an international break. Will be very nice pick to replace someone’s 3rd forward.

Bale could be amazing or only start 10 games but again coming in for your worst midfielder he’s a no brainer.

Given that I've no idea how long Jesus is out for, I would really prefer the 3 points, considering I've none. Am I even in a position to hold all of Bale, Pereira and Jesus injured?

Agree with the opinions that my team will look strong come November, but I don't want to be too far behind by that point either.

Given that I've no idea how long Jesus is out for, I would really prefer the 3 points, considering I've none. Am I even in a position to hold all of Bale, Pereira and Jesus injured?

Agree with the opinions that my team will look strong come November, but I don't want to be too far behind by that point either.

You’re not Minnesota Fats are you ?

klopparama wrote: »
    You’re not Minnesota Fats are you ?
    What is that?

What is that?

Not sure if you’re joking.

I’m suggesting you’re a hustler.

Which in itself is a joke. Or at least was an attempt.

Not sure if you’re joking.

I’m suggesting you’re a hustler.
    I was not joking.

Haha what? I do not follow. I got Bale from finishing 2nd points scored this week but being unlucky enough to come up against highest point scorer. Hardly a tank job but I was delighted to get Bale out of it and said as much.

Jesus is a different story. If I lose, and potentially go 9 points off the leader, I'm getting the benefit of a guy who Aguero may be back before. Jesus when playing is a great option, but if Aguero gets the headstart on him and is scoring his momentum is dead. He is an average of about 100 points per season in his City career.

Lads like Chris Wood comfortably outscoring that last season and I would be hopeful of Antonio and Wilson hitting that kind of total no problem. DCL is in my team for the season unless injured so that one is completely out of the question

The question is whether with the strong depth I already have that Jesus would be a great option to just plug and play when he is likely to start, and I think I would more than likely take him for that reason if available to me.

I don't think I'd go as far as to say I'd prefer to lose a game to get him though. If I end up letting Antonio or Wilson go, someone will be only dying to hoover those guys up, and rightly so.

Ah. Didn’t know the kind of player you’d have to let go to get Jesus. Not a shoo-in so.

I wouldn’t let any of mine go.

For the right player, guaranteed, I’d definitely throw a GW. But there won’t be many of them. Not sure Bale is one although If he stays injury free and actually wants to play then I definitely would. I’d throw 6 points to get him.

Ah. Didn’t know the kind of player you’d have to let go to get Jesus. Not a shoo-in so.

I wouldn’t let any of mine go.

For the right player, guaranteed, I’d definitely throw a GW. But there won’t be many of them. Not sure Bale is one although If he stays injury free and actually wants to play then I definitely would. I’d throw 6 points to get him.
    Would be hard to actually achieve throwing it though at this early point of the year. Even with me losing, the chances of me actually being bottom were really low.

I'm 3 points above the average score so the only real way I was gonna be bottom was if everyone else who lost in GW1 won. But thankfully for me, that is exactly what happened.

Tammy starts!!!

• Advertisement

Double united and Chelsea defence FFS

Damn that Average Team, and damn my useless defenders!

@TrimmTramm you'd want to sweeten that trade offer, no way I'd trade Jimi for Tony

@TrimmTramm you'd want to sweeten that trade offer, no way I'd trade Jimi for Tony

Just testing the waters. Always open to counter offers.

I'd rather have Jiminez to Martial but not by that much - like I wouldn't put much money on Jiminez getting more fpl points than Martial this year - but I would turn down that trade too.

Its hard to make trades that are inviting to other players - you have to make them inviting but obviously that you feel are advantageous to yourself. You'd expect everyone here to know the price, points history, fixtures and form of all the players so it really comes down to people having a feeling for a player - that this a year they will exceed/won't exceed their value.

Anyone got a feeling for Alli ?

Anyone got a feeling for Alli ?

I've a feeling Spurs are trying to sell him out of the league before Monday!!

Kinda regretting not picking up Trossard before Semedo this week

The Megaphone did some good business this week, Cagarage and Trossard in

What are we thinking of the squads now ? Without judging our own.

Still think we will all be playing second fiddle to that CSF squad.

Followed by Dearg and then Trimm Trabbs.

Was pleased to be able to get Mendy in this week to get rid of the one lad in my squad who I wasn’t fond of.

Very happy with my squad now assuming Mendy takes that starter spot, which I expect.

Whoever is bottom this week will probably have some good transfer deadline guys to choose from.

• Advertisement

Ya that CSF squad is looking unstoppable.

I think it’s a mixed bag after that. Personally wouldn’t like Trimms team but I think there’s very little between the rest

Advertisement