Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you playing, VR edition.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Great game! I have the odd stutter when taking a shot but its because my hands go down by my side and the cameras cant see it too great on my G2 but thats a lighting issue. I need to change out the light fitting in my room.

Great fun tho!

has tournament mode been implemented yet? They were testing it but i dont really do much gaming in the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

bought half life alyx maybe 12 months ago and was waiting for right time to play it. Whole house gone for weekend so started this weekend .on chapter 7and just wow!!how will i play another VR game after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Finally getting my teeth into Resident Evil 4 on Quest 2

It's surprisingly scary when you get villager bastards creeping up behind you and shouting in your ear!

Started into "A Fisherman's Tale" ... didn't know what to expect but it's quite an ingenious puzzler so will stick with it

It's short enough so should be a nice one to get off the backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Agettle

Resident Evil 4 VR 😎

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I am a few hours into Asgards Wrath 2 on the Quest 3.

IGN gave it 10/10.

I think it is the gold standard (for the moment) for Quest games. The gameplay is so much and fun, and the pacing of the game is great. Just as you get used to a game mechanic it introduces a new weapon, area, partner...

I unbelievably haven't had a chance to try it yet... glad they are updating it a lot now so when I do finally start it will be the finessed version

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm playing IL-2 as well. Actually being in the cockpit of the plane is quite something, and after about 50 hours of playtime so far there's still something of a novelty factor in it. I enjoy just being able to do things like checking my wings for damage after completing an objective and the IL-2 damage model is really nicely detailed, so you can even see the stanchion inside the wings where bits of the casing have been shot off. If anything feels like it's been made for VR, it's flight and racing sims where really being able to judge distance makes things that much more engrossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I finished Asgards Wrath 2 last night.

Brilliant VR game, full story that is very engaging, 4 different playable characters that offer lots of variety.

1 gripe, it is probably a third too long. There are times where it makes you do the same thing 5 different ways, when 2 or 3 times would have been enough.

I am looking for my next AAA experience now, I would like a shooter maybe before jumping into Assassins Creed.

Any recommendations for a good shooter?

• Advertisement

In Death? More of a bow shooter but graphics are outstanding

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Picked up a Rift S and playing Walking Dead saints and sinners, its class.

Advertisement