Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fallout 76

• 30-05-2018 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭

I don't know how to feel about this.

I was very underwhelmed by Fallout 4 so I'll wait til E3 to see/hear more.

Who's developing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Some details from Kotaku about an online component:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/05/30/bethesda-announces-fallout-76

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ah feck sake if it's an online game I'm not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

wes wrote: »
    Some details from Kotaku about an online component:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/05/30/bethesda-announces-fallout-76

Isn't Kotaku still blacklisted by Bethesda? Seem's odd them having the scoop on this.

I'd be ok with a Fallout Online if its done as well as Elder Scrolls Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I agree with the second last post. If it's an online only game they can stick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Venom wrote: »
    Isn't Kotaku still blacklisted by Bethesda? Seem's odd them having the scoop on this.

Don't know, but they do have form when it comes to rumours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I was woefully underwhelmed by Fallout 4. As much as I love the theme of the game, I found it be really bland.

Also getting sick of Bethesda just using the same engine over and over again. I am, however, really hoping this is a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If it's single-player, I'm going to be very cautious after Fallout 4.

If it's an MMO, that isn't really my thing so won't be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am more interested in playing a Fallout MMO than I am an Elder Scrolls one. I like the world of Fallout more, I find it to be far more interesting. When I consider the possibilities of a MMO-styled Fallout, there are ideas there that would appeal to me. Guilds building their own Vaults, the different factions to ally yourself with and therefore different mission types, an even bigger map(!) to explore, building vendors to sell the stuff you craft, building your own place and customising it, etc.

Not sure how PvP would work, but the PvE stuff would be enough to get me to try the game at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wonder if they will try pull some sort of Destiny games as service thing.
    I am huge fallout fan and I played since very first one and the last one was pretty damn ****. I guess anything will be better then 4 at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So Vault 76 is in Virginia somewhere and its also a control vault, meaning no messed up experiments, that was scheduled to open after 20 years which im guessing is what the ''reclamation day'' banner is about

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    So Vault 76 is in Virginia somewhere and its also a control vault, meaning no messed up experiments, that was scheduled to open after 20 years which im guessing is what the ''reclamation day'' banner is about

That seems about right. What is interesting about Vault 76 is that it supposedly contained around 500 dwellers. Anyone know how many dwellers was the average for a vault? The large number might be a hint as to whether or not this is a MMO. 500 people breaking out of a vault into the Wasteland would be a nice number to have on a server for a MMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Falthyron wrote: »
    That seems about right. What is interesting about Vault 76 is that it supposedly contained around 500 dwellers. Anyone know how many dwellers was the average for a vault? The large number might be a hint as to whether or not this is a MMO. 500 people breaking out of a vault into the Wasteland would be a nice number to have on a server for a MMO.

Battle Royal Fallout? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thought Fallout 4 was great myself. Not as good as 3 or New Vegas but realistically an excellent, deep game, haven't even finished it yet with about 200 hours in it so far.

Wouldn't write off an MMO though typically not my thing at all.

Battle Royal Fallout? :pac:

We should start a poll in the E3 thread where we can guess how many Battle Royale games or Battle Royale modes for games will be announced this year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

76 wastelanders fall out of a brotherhood of steel airship onto a island......

ShaneU wrote: »
    76 wastelanders fall out of a brotherhood of steel airship onto a island......

Not only do they have to try and become the last Wastelander standing, but they also face the perils and creatures that already live there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Falthyron wrote: »
    We should start a poll in the E3 thread where we can guess how many Battle Royale games or Battle Royale modes for games will be announced this year. :pac:

56?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

An MMO would great, pvp can easily be done, just get rid of the auto lock-on pit boy aim crap and aim the old fashioned way :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I couldn't see any real improvement in their engine between Skyrim and Fallout 4, and at this stage I just don't think that they're interested in fixing what wrong with it, so unless it changes, I'll have a very low interest in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm reading Rust meets Fallout on a few other threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I guess it wont be a crpg then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Could just be a state of decay kind of game, you've got you game you can play fully SP but friends can join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Im fallout obsessed, so its all good with me

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Cant wait to give this a lash irregardless of the type of game. Now for a Fallout Marathon!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm reading Rust meets Fallout on a few other threads.

Yeah Kotaku reporting the same thing from 3 sources who wish to make anonymous who have worked on the project. Apparently they say it's an online game inspired by rust and dayz hhhmmmmmm

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333?utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook

An MMO similar to ESO would interest me a bit i'd say but if it's going to be a survival/basebuilding type thing i'm out.
    I get the feeling Bethesda are overestimating the pulling power the Fallout brand has if they think the stunt they pulled with their live stream warrants a Rust clone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah Kotaku reporting the same thing from 3 sources who wish to make anonymous who have worked on the project. Apparently they say it's an online game inspired by rust and dayz hhhmmmmmm

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333?utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook

So another Elder Scrolls online then?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ummmmm

Still fallout tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's clearly an Overwatch tie-up with Soldier 76 awoken from deep freeze in the Wasteland.

Really hated the base-building stuff in Fallout 4 and if this is an online game centred around that and survival mechanics, I don't think it will be a game for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This whole battle royale thing still looks like a fad to me. But then again I thought survival games were fads and look how many of them were shat out over the years (thanks, Minecraft).

I don't know. This might be the first Fallout game since New Vegas where I'm like "meh, I'll wait" because of all of these rumours and possibilities of it being an online-centric experience.. I am even more ashamed at myself for jumping for joy at the Battlefield 5 trailer more than I really should be doing for Fallout 76, and this guy doesn't even play online anymore. The last time I played online was Call of Duty WW2 and that was back on the first 2 weeks of its existence. I haven't touched it since.

Just like Pokémon Let's Go, I'm taking Fallout 76 with a grain of salt -- I'll form my level of excitement when E3 arrives.

My most anticipated game of this year is still Flashback for the Switch, and that game is technically 25 years old....... I'm old.

Advertisement