Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got to 120 yesterday on my Prot Pally, and it was pretty good to level with. Pretty much unkillable, unless you do something stupid. Really enjoyed Boralus, and Stormsong Vally was ok. Wish i'd done Drustvar 2nd though, as that seems really interesting. Hit 120 just after starting Drustvar, so will finish it eventually. I'll admit, once i saw the world quests pop up, my desire to play went down just a bit. Not sure i'll be able to stomach them for long.

Torn as to what to start next though. I'd like something that is very good single target, but can also AOE. Mage is probably my best bet, though my Warlock or Rogue are also options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Following with some interest.
    I missed the last Add-On entirely because I had a baby but I'm now tempted to start again playing casually in some evenings.
    I read up on what happened and was shellshocked and quite intrigued.

Is it reasonably playable already or should I give it a few more weeks?
    Is the current content casual-friendly since my big days of hardcore playing are over?
    Anything else I need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i am really having fun, i find the world quest's more interesting than the main quest's which is odd, they all felt like kill quest's but i am a lore nerd and read everything, played on a fury warrior absolutely enjoy the spec not to keen on the other two spec's. Like rope mostly peeved over the rep gate for the new race's i unlocked the previous one i think it's an atrocious decision to keep them gated for people coming back to bfa. Who care's if people can pick them it asinine.

Personally i love thee horde area's such a nice change since the past few xpacks of having a shared area with ally/horde. Overall having fun, and i am fairly casual as in i dont do much outside of lfr/heroics i find it casual friendly. I havent done many dungeons yet, and island's seem fun but i think most ppl dont know what your meant to do derpp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Have had almost no time to play as I'm still level 112 or there abouts. But one thing that gets to me is the butt ugly default UI that still remains in the game since launch. Back in the old days I would scour cursegaming to pick each individual mod so I can reach maximum potential in game, but I just don't have the drive these days. So can someone else do it for me please 😀

Seriously though. Anyone got a mod recommendation for a clean looking UI, nameplates and unitframes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I use elvui and specifically the setup yer man bellular uses so just copy his profile paste over as explained in video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Have had almost no time to play as I'm still level 112 or there abouts. But one thing that gets to me is the butt ugly default UI that still remains in the game since launch. Back in the old days I would scour cursegaming to pick each individual mod so I can reach maximum potential in game, but I just don't have the drive these days. So can someone else do it for me please ��

Seriously though. Anyone got a mod recommendation for a clean looking UI, nameplates and unitframes?

EvlUI is nice, alot of customization with it if you want..

With regards to the zones, yeah i defo think alliance got the clean end of the stick. Stormsong is pretty but meh, Tiragarde is fun, but Drustvar is probably my favourite zone ever, its pretty much the Witcher 3, heavily influenced by it anyway.

Doing world quests in the horde zones, navigating it is just depressing, it all feels very samey.. I was bummed all my friends were going with alliance this expansion, but in the end, with the zones, im now glad it swung this way.

I might play through a horde character (mage) to get the horde story in, i heard its probably the better of the two, and once thats done ill faction change the mage. My undead mage is 110, where my alliance gnome is like level 90, not sure i have it in me to level 30 levels on him :(

Have had almost no time to play as I'm still level 112 or there abouts. But one thing that gets to me is the butt ugly default UI that still remains in the game since launch. Back in the old days I would scour cursegaming to pick each individual mod so I can reach maximum potential in game, but I just don't have the drive these days. So can someone else do it for me please ��

i use bartender it's the best one tbh its clean just hot bars no weird art on your screen im using it since vanilla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i use bartender it's the best one tbh its clean just hot bars no weird art on your screen im using it since vanilla

Bartender and move anything are what i use, get what i want that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Auto leveled an old alliance Fury Warrior I had to 110 to get to alliance content. I only have two characters in WOW now . Horde Rogue and Alliance Warrior.

I've been using Redtuzki (https://www.tukui.org/addons.php?id=107) for a little while now, and i really like it. I had been using Preach's for a while, and it was great, but wanted something a little different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dcully wrote: »
    I use elvui and specifically the setup yer man bellular uses so just copy his profile paste over as explained in video.

I grabbed Preach's one, his WA are great but i'm not a fan of it :/

I actually changed my ui lastnight to the one Kiith suggested in the last page and its very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dcully wrote: »
    I actually changed my ui lastnight to the one Kiith suggested in the last page and its very nice.

Same here, game looks way better, but its going to take a bit of getting usedto the new layout. Have not used add ons in years.

I don't think i could play without one of these addon packs anymore. When i was on the PTR, it was awful.

I'd say Blizzard need to work on the design, but why bother when other people do it for you.

Kiith wrote: »
    I don't think i could play without one of these addon packs anymore. When i was on the PTR, it was awful.

I'd say Blizzard need to work on the design, but why bother when other people do it for you.

Yeah if they were to greatly improve their UI and put in their own addon replacements, they would piss a lot of people off and **** up a lot of jobs i imagine.

Locking the end of the Boralus storyline behind a mythic dungeon is such total bull****. Lets lock story content, which most mythic runners don't give a **** about, behind something that most casual players will never ever do. **** sake :mad:

Locking the end of the Boralus storyline behind a mythic dungeon is such total bull****. Lets lock story content, which most mythic runners don't give a **** about, behind something that most casual players will never ever do. **** sake :mad:

Its **** alright, gearing is a pain in the ass.

i hate this bull to, lets start a big thead about it on wow eu forums !! i type like an idiot so some one else do it.

Hit level 115 and ran the Motherload dungeon. The tank would pull about 4 packs and everyone would mindlessly AoE them down, me included. Didn't care to follow the mechanics of the bosses neither as I just DPSed them down. Almost felt like I was playing Diablo 3 with numbers all over the screen and crazy **** happening with none of it really mattering.

Does this change once you hit mythic dungeons? I remember back in TBC where even trash was dangerous and required certain mobs to be nuked down fast, interrupted or CC chained for entire pulls. Tanks had to work for agro and if you pulled agro as a DPS you would generally be 1 or 2 shot. I think they where called Heroic dungeons back then. Is this just not what Wow is anymore? I'm not hating or trying to be the cool dude hard-core raider guy, it's just that Wow was my first MMO and I kinda hold TBC as the standard for MMOs I play afterwards

Hit level 115 and ran the Motherload dungeon. The tank would pull about 4 packs and everyone would mindlessly AoE them down, me included. Didn't care to follow the mechanics of the bosses neither as I just DPSed them down. Almost felt like I was playing Diablo 3 with numbers all over the screen and crazy **** happening with none of it really mattering.

Does this change once you hit mythic dungeons? I remember back in TBC where even trash was dangerous and required certain mobs to be nuked down fast, interrupted or CC chained for entire pulls. Tanks had to work for agro and if you pulled agro as a DPS you would generally be 1 or 2 shot. I think they where called Heroic dungeons back then. Is this just not what Wow is anymore? I'm not hating or trying to be the cool dude hard-core raider guy, it's just that Wow was my first MMO and I kinda hold TBC as the standard for MMOs I play afterwards

Your a smidge out of touch if you dont mind me saying, there are tweets and stuff on reddit asking DPS to stop micro-managing their tanks.

Your doing normal, which is like training wheels type content, it ramps in HC and even more in Mythic.

As for your comments on TBC, the game isn't like that anymore you don't get 1-2 shot by mobs on the lower levels but they have a thing called Mythic + which ramps them and they are quite hard.

• Advertisement

Great, I look forward to doing these HC and mythic dungeons.

I don't wish to micro manage the tank, infact I hate DPS that do it. Let the tank go at their own pace as they could be new to the game or class. What I was talking about was that the content was so easy that it was actually possible for the tank to pull 20+ mobs and it became a clusster**** and felt messy. Wasn't fun or strategic in anyway, but like you said normals are easymode

From what i've seen (and i could be wrong), mythics are just AOE fests as well. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but you won't ever see the TBC style of dungeon anymore, where you actually had to use CC on regular mobs.

From what i've seen (and i could be wrong), mythics are just AOE fests as well. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but you won't ever see the TBC style of dungeon anymore, where you actually had to use CC on regular mobs.

Of course they are to an extent but your limited in what you pull. If you pull more than the tank can handle your dead for sure. This is even more important as mythics scale in level.

You won't get the exact same kind of TBC feel of pulling one mob and wiping but you won't just go in and spam them down easily.

Ive been running mythics the last few days on my mage and theres a lot more having to interrupt abilities and even cc on some trash packs.
    On some trash packs if you dont interrupt you will die, no its not just ez mode thankfully.

Sure remember the +15 ect with the affixes becomes super hard, legion dungeons were the biggest success and they have essentially made sure they are again as its provided allot of longevity to the game.

Yeah im more interested in Mythic + than raiding same as i was in legion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Same, ill be focusing on M+ as i dont have the time/interest in raiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Corinthian

Different strokes I suppose.

I haven't enjoyed the 5 man dungeons since BC and WotLK.

The current focus on Mythic and Mythic+ is more or less removing any interest I had left in the game.

I only noticed on Saturday that the crafting recipes require some bs item you can only get in mythic dungeons.... almost rage-quit right when i saw that :mad:

Corinthian wrote: »

The current focus on Mythic and Mythic+ is more or less removing any interest I had left in the game.

I only noticed on Saturday that the crafting recipes require some bs item you can only get in mythic dungeons.... almost rage-quit right when i saw that :mad:

Mythic zeros are quite easy to do, not sure why it would be an issue?

• Advertisement

Corinthian wrote: »

The mythics are alot closer to BC dungeons than anything else since, you even have to travel to each dungeon and summon people in, like the dungeons of old.

Getting recipes from tough places was also a thing back then, what are you looking for exactly? Seems like you're really just angry that you have to actually group up and interact with others to progress... Not exactly a new thing to an MMO game :confused:

Advertisement