Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

• 14-05-2014 9:30am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Since the original thread has passed the 10,000 post mark, welcome to bargain thread the second!

Based on feedback in the last thread, we're looking at ways to hopefully clean up this one just a little, but for the moment post away as normal :)

Link to the old thread, in case you want to look back and remember that time you got that game for basically nothing. Ah, a good day that was! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054885783

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Looking forward to some great bargains!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wahoo, i had the 10,000th post :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yes, now i can spend more money on games i never play :P

Humble Bundle sale every day this week. It was already posted in the previous thread, but as there will be a new deal every day this week, it's worth mentioning again.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Wahoo, i had the 10,000th post :P

You broke it!!!

Dunno whether I should be celebrating this new thread or dreading it. :)

Not sure how much of a bargain this is, but if you want the Wonderbook with Playstation Move and Eye I think €34.99 isn't a bad price

http://www.toys.ie/Wonderbook-Walking-with-Dinosaurs-Starter-Pack-!133724-prd.aspx

I suppose adding the link and location may help. I saw it in Smyths in Letterkenny

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You broke it!!!

Dunno whether I should be celebrating this new thread or dreading it. :)

Not sure how much of a bargain this is, but if you want the Wonderbook with Playstation Move and Eye I think €34.99 isn't a bad price

I borked it alright :P

Actually, speaking of the wonderbook with move, Xtravision in a few locations were selling it for €24.99 :) Seen one in the ashleaf shopping centre and 1 in newbridge i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

O/T but can anyone tell me how cheap DS's/3DS's and/or 3DS XLs were going in Tesco recently in that firesale with all the cheap games please? Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There were some 3DS consoles going for €50 I believe. Ditto DS with Nintendogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Not 100% sure but from what I read they messed up and did everything ass backwards in that they sold off the 3DSs for a tenner each and the DSs for €50:eek:

10 for the 3DS, 30 for the DSi and 50 for a DS Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I posted the last bargain, woo hooooo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Did anyone post Isaac being 99c? Worth a buy for those lonely, boring nights when you can't be arsed loading up a real game!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

^^ Steam, BTW. :)

I'll grab that tonight - great discount.

Oooh, controversial, implying it's not a real game. :pac: I think I already own it. Must take a look this evening.

Seems to be a routine now before buying a game with Steam - See bargain, check steam, check humble bundle account in case already got it there but hadn't registered, check GOG account, check PS+ to see if got it there, check other bundle sites, check isthereanydeal then either purchase or decide to wait until a steam sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

So should PC bargains be posted here, the bargains thread in the PC forum, or both? Word must be spread far and wide if we are to fill our catalogues with crap we'll never play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Seaaan wrote: »
    Did anyone post Isaac being 99c? Worth a buy for those lonely, boring nights when you can't be arsed loading up a real game!

Hoy! I've spent more hours playing Isaac than most games I own. :pac:

New humble bundle up, outer space.

3 games that are out of this world. Pay $1 or more to enjoy the strategic space exploration game, X3: Terran Conflict. Beat the average price and you'll also receive the space simulation game, Universe Sandbox. Pay $10 or more and you'll receive both games as well as to enjoy the ship-building, space adventure game, Kinetic Void.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Rush Bros. is Free on Greenmangaming.

Requires Registration to get the Steam Key
    Rush Bros is a pulse-pounding, music infused Platform Racing Game that features a single player and a competitive multiplayer either split-screen local or online between two simultaneous racers. Rush through over 30 unique levels jam-packed with puzzles, obstacles and power-ups in a race to the finish line where the victor can literally crush his competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

^^ yep, i grabbed that earlier, seeing as its a new thread and in case anyone missed it, Anomoly: Warzone Earth is still free on Games Republic, you have to register but can claim the Steam game in "My Games" afterwards - http://gamesrepublic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ARMA: Cold War Assault is free on Steam. Offer ends Monday at 10AM Pacific Time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Allyall wrote: »
    ARMA: Cold War Assault is free on Steam. Offer ends Monday at 10AM Pacific Time.

Do you get to keep it for good or are you only able to play it over the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Do you get to keep it for good or are you only able to play it over the weekend?

Free for good.Arma 3 is only free for the weekend.

Looks like it's yours to keep while Arma 3 is free for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

That ARMA is what used to be called Operation Flashpoint yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Skerries wrote: »
    That ARMA is what used to be called Operation Flashpoint yeah?

Indeed it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I ordered a Wii U Basic with New Super Mario Bros U for £112 with free shipping with John Lewis this morning. Not sure if it is still in stock as it seems like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

jonny24ie wrote: »
    New humble bundle up, outer space.

3 games that are out of this world. Pay $1 or more to enjoy the strategic space exploration game, X3: Terran Conflict. Beat the average price and you'll also receive the space simulation game, Universe Sandbox. Pay $10 or more and you'll receive both games as well as to enjoy the ship-building, space adventure game, Kinetic Void.
    :(

I've been waiting to pick up x3 for ages...how'd i miss this :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I ordered a Wii U Basic with New Super Mario Bros U for £112 with free shipping with John Lewis this morning. Not sure if it is still in stock as it seems like a good deal.

Sold out in about 3 hours apparently. Ridiculously good value that, bit annoyed I missed that deal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Watchdogs (PC) for £28 (€34.39) on GamesPlanet.com

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

Stanely parable is half price on steam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Hotline Miami is on flash sale at HumbleBundle for 1.99. For the very few who don't have it yet, well worth it at this price.

Advertisement