23-02-2021, 20:41   #7156
Hurrache

I had a soundbar with 2.1, still issues.

Even if Sky audio is passed through to the soundbar from the TV and it's providing Atmos, there's no lag.

Only see the Atmos lag with the Xbox.
Advertisement
23-02-2021, 20:55   #7157
wotzgoingon

I hate the past two gens of Xbox(actually all systems). I haven't played the Xbox in a few days said I will just now and nothing but updates and I have a really slow internet connection. Xbox has a update and so does the game I wanted to play.
24-02-2021, 00:38   #7158
.E_C_K_S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotzgoingon View Post
I hate the past two gens of Xbox(actually all systems). I haven't played the Xbox in a few days said I will just now and nothing but updates and I have a really slow internet connection. Xbox has a update and so does the game I wanted to play.
I believe if you change the power settings to 'Instant On' updates will take place even when the console is off but open to correction on this.
24-02-2021, 01:23   #7159
sniper_samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by .E_C_K_S. View Post
I believe if you change the power settings to 'Instant On' updates will take place even when the console is off but open to correction on this.
You'd think so. Biggest problem I have with the One/Series is how poorly it handles updates.

It won't predownload system updates pending your approval and 9/10 it doesn't update your games until you launch it or go to the updates list in the OS(which can still take minutes to populate on the new consoles).

Updates are easily the worst aspect of the Xbox platform as it currently stands.
24-02-2021, 10:21   #7160
Hurrache

It might be one of your settings. My Series X has always updated itself in the background, I've never had to interact with it. With games, if connected via ethernet anyway, they'll also automatically update themselves.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-02-2021, 10:41   #7161
hots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrache View Post
It might be one of your settings. My Series X has always updated itself in the background, I've never had to interact with it. With games, if connected via ethernet anyway, they'll also automatically update themselves.
yeah same here
Thanks from:
24-02-2021, 11:16   #7162
sniper_samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrache View Post
I have instant on turned on and have both "keep my console up to date" and "keep my games & apps up to date" and it has never worked on any of the 3 One consoles I've had nor my Series X.
24-02-2021, 11:19   #7163
Conar

Send a message via MSN to Conar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_samurai View Post
I have instant on turned on and have both "keep my console up to date" and "keep my games & apps up to date" and it has never worked on any of the 3 One consoles I've had nor my Series X.
I'm the same, on multiple Xboxes. I've often wondered is game sharing (primary console etc) causing an issue.
24-02-2021, 12:13   #7164
recyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conar View Post
I'm the same, on multiple Xboxes. I've often wondered is game sharing (primary console etc) causing an issue.
if game sharing all your doing is pre installing to your game sharing mates xbox ( my own asked why I preloaded loads of games one weekend and clogged his internet)

you need to pre load through xbox site as your then designate the xbox you want the stuff loaded too. Updates via instant on shouldnt be impacted by this.

regarding soundbars it really must be a tv issue as I picked up that cheap dolby atmos soundbar from currys a while back and its worked an absolute charm with earc and hdmi 2.1 no lag whatsoever, now the TV itself has atmos built in so wondering if thats the reason
Advertisement
24-02-2021, 15:11   #7165
Hurrache

TVs with atmos built in also have the sound lag with Atmos going to external devices, and it's not restricted to the one manufacturer. It's only when there's an Atmos soundtrack, DTS can have a bit but not as bad. There's people who've been fine with Atmos and their Xbox X, but when they got a Series X the issue arose, but others have said the issue was there since the Xbox X. It's like trying to untangle spaghetti.

Last edited by Hurrache; 24-02-2021 at 15:18.
24-02-2021, 15:54   #7166
recyclops

mine was the opposite, with one X i couldnt get atmos to work at all except with headphones with series X and new tv its working like a charm
27-02-2021, 09:52   #7167
Limerick Dude

Hi folks, does anyone else have an issue with the right trigger on their bundled Xbox Series X controller?

Mine started sticking a few days ago i.e. after pressing the trigger it would 'stay down' for a half a second. I did some googling and noticed this was an issue with some previous gen Xbox One controllers. The problem seems to have resolved itself now in the sense that whatever padding material is inside the trigger has moved so it doesn't stick anymore but it does properly make a clicking noise compared to the left trigger which is a softer sounding click (hope that makes sense).

I bought the Series X at the start of January so obviously a little bit annoyed that this has happened.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had the same experience and whether they got in touch with Microsoft about it. I'm most likely to continue with it as I can deal with the noise, as long as it doesn't inhibit or impact gameplay. This is also my only Series X controller (I do have an old Xbox One S one lying around) and don't really want to be without it for too long.

Images of LT and RT attached for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Left_Trigger.jpg (627.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Right_Trigger.jpg (896.7 KB, 12 views)
27-02-2021, 10:42   #7168
CatInABox

Yes, had this for a couple of days. Feels like it's hitting some paste or tape on the inside and sticking to it for a moment. Others on here have had it as well, but it seems to be very intermittent, I haven't had any issues since, and no complaints on here either since those first ones..
Thanks from:
27-02-2021, 11:30   #7169
Nigzcurran

I have the left stick getting stuck the odd time on the shock blue controller and the x button getting stuck on the bundled white controller
27-02-2021, 12:10   #7170
MikeOxsgreen

Internet speeds?

Got a new router from virgin lately.
Should be on 250mbps.

Laptop wired to router is 250mbps
WiFi on the phone in room is currently 241mbps

But download speed in wired Xbox1S in the 'test network speed' widget is 92mbps.
Is this to be expected?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion