Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20/21 €50 H2H Draft League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

At last I beat that damn Average Team! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Turns out all I needed to do was move that pesky Bale lad on to hit a bit of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Did you forget to pick a team this week CSF? If I don't win this one I will quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

As much as I wish he would, there is no point CSF ripping up a great team just for the blank. Those missing games will all have to play their matches at some point.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Did you forget to pick a team this week CSF? If I don't win this one I will quit.
    No, I didn't forget. Kind of assume I will lose this week, but I didn't see too much point ripping up my team that I quite like, for one week.

I feel like a large number of my players with no game this week, would have been snapped up on waivers this weekend quickly before I got near to getting them back.

The winner of Eoghan104 and Klopparama (Eoghan seems to have gotten off to a pretty cracking start) will go top this week most likely, and that is fine. If the few players I have this week manage to steal me a win out of the blue, even better.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    No, I didn't forget. Kind of assume I will lose this week, but I didn't see too much point ripping up my team that I quite like, for one week.

I feel like a large number of my players with no game this week, would have been snapped up on waivers this weekend quickly before I got near to getting them back.

The winner of Eoghan104 and Klopparama (Eoghan seems to have gotten off to a pretty cracking start) will go top this week most likely, and that is fine. If the few players I have this week manage to steal me a win out of the blue, even better.

Fair enough. Pogba goal gives you a small chance this week. You'll need my team to blank to win though.

Fair enough. Pogba goal gives you a small chance this week. You'll need my team to blank to win though.

Of course, Pogba was actually the one player I brought in this week, made a clear decision that I was only making waivers that benefited me long term rather than just for the blank gameweek.

Has there (ever) been a more disappointing 1st round pick than Aubameyang ?

I tried to look at the order of the draft but I can’t find it.

Is there a way to see it ?

Has there (ever) been a more disappointing 1st round pick than Aubameyang ?

I tried to look at the order of the draft but I can’t find it.

Is there a way to see it ?

Its in draft room yeah.

And yeah, huge disappointment for a number 3 selection, but I don’t think it was illogical at the time. You went Auba 3 and I went Sterling 4, both ahead of Bruno.

Looks nuts now but it’s all hindsight really.

It’s taken 4 efforts but I think I’ve finally beaten Average.

Took a 8 pointer from Harrison in the final match of the GW.

Much needed 3 points having lost my last 2.

This league is the best thing about FPL this season. Well for me anyway.

• Advertisement

Just looked at the draft again.

3 of my first 4 picks were - Aubameyang, Firmino and Dele Alli.

Delighted to be still in contention.

The following players have scored over 100 points so far.

DCL went in round 4.

Grealish in round 5

Zaha in round 6.

Maddison in round 7.

Barnes in round 8.

Pope in round 11.

Martinez round 13.

Also 3 Christian names beginning with the letter A and 2 Eoghans.

What are the odds.

Makes it harder to follow. For me.

It’s taken 4 efforts but I think I’ve finally beaten Average.

Took a 8 pointer from Harrison in the final match of the GW.

Much needed 3 points having lost my last 2.

This league is the best thing about FPL this season. Well for me anyway.

Got this wrong.

It was actually a 9 pointer from Harrison and still wasn’t enough to beat Average.

**** off Average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Yep agree, really enjoying how close this league is and its a welcome distraction from the ordinary season I'm having in the main game.

Had a look and I've only got 6 left from my original 15 - its a more fluid game than you think.

This league is tightening up nicely.

From the night of the draft I thought CSF and Dearg would do well.

Dearg has definitely been the unlucky weekly player as his overall points suggest he should be higher in the league.

From the night of the draft I thought CSF and Dearg would do well.

Dearg has definitely been the unlucky weekly player as his overall points suggest he should be higher in the league.

I think my problem is my team is basically United and Chelsea so I'll rack up some big weekly scores but it's not much use in this format.

I think my problem is my team is basically United and Chelsea so I'll rack up some big weekly scores but it's not much use in this format.

Mine is that Trent and Robbo just haven’t been the massive steals that I thought they were on draft night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just pipped average to stay in touch. Finding it very hard to get on any run. It feels like I always beat Eoghan and lose to CSF

It's a good league this year, definitely more enjoyable than last year and that's coming from someone who can't win the league. It's still any 1 of the top 5 who could win but Klopp would need a nice winning streak to do it.

Next year I will try pick a more balanced team and not rely heavily on 1 or 2 teams.

• Advertisement

It's a good league this year, definitely more enjoyable than last year and that's coming from someone who can't win the league. It's still any 1 of the top 5 who could win but Klopp would need a nice winning streak to do it.

Next year I will try pick a more balanced team and not rely heavily on 1 or 2 teams.

I defo enjoyed it more last year

I’ve lost my last 2 H2H’s by a combined total of 7 points which is annoying.

Have only managed 1 point from the last available 15.

Must be time for a charge so.

Can't believe I picked up Bale so handy, had presumed he was rotting on someones team

Green&Red wrote: »
    Can't believe I picked up Bale so handy, had presumed he was rotting on someones team

Yeah I went to get him later and kicked myself a little. Assumed I’d have missed him in the actual waivers. Good move.

I reckon there’s a reason he was easy to pick up.

I reckon there’s a reason he was easy to pick up.

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488634o0rgwmcvtl1f5hdfeoso73vydywocpw003emoi&rid=giphy.gif

Eh you may have jinxed it

Ah here.

Talk about shooting your load.

Come back with your gifs when he’s won you more than 3 points.

And he could easily break a fingernail before the next game.

And then you’ll hold on to him, and play him, for weeks. Hoping he starts and performs again while you leave points on your bench from players that care and actually get picked.

Wouldn’t even give you JWP for him.

Ah here.

Talk about shooting your load.

Come back with your gifs when he’s won you more than 3 points.

And he could easily break a fingernail before the next game.

And then you’ll hold on to him, and play him, for weeks. Hoping he starts and performs again while you leave points on your bench from players that care and actually get picked.

Wouldn’t even give you JWP for him.

That’s the beauty of draft, gets injured and it’s good luck Gareth

I’ll take the three points if they come

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    That’s the beauty of draft, gets injured and it’s good luck Gareth

I’ll take the three points if they come

Yeah. I know. I was just trying some ‘banter’.

In fairness you wouldn’t be married to players like me because you play the weekly defender change-up iirc.

But yeah. I was just trying to save face. Still wouldn’t have him.

You’re talking to someone that still hasn’t bought the Villa keeper, in the main game, because of said face saving attempts.

Advertisement