Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Check out this Retro NHL 94 Online Community

• 25-10-2020 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi All
    As someone who's not a gamer but sometimes plays IMHO the greatest / most playable sports game ever released on any system - i'm just letting everyone know about an active online community for NHL 94 (on Sega and Snes)

I sometimes play Online against / with a bunch of Americans and Canadians using a customised version of Retroarch (optimised for Online Play) packaged with the Sega Genesis (MegaDrive) and SNES Roms (games) downloadable on the website www.nhl94online.com - yes the time difference is a challenge - but i've played in their "Classic League" earlier in the year, and there'll be another one happening before Christmas - it's a 40 game League season - 3x 5 minute periods.

AFAIK the Unofficial World Championship called KING OF 94' (normally held somewhere in Canada i think) is starting in the next few weeks & for the first time is going Online due to Covid

They're always looking for new players so am sure there are some late 30's / 40 somethings on here whp loved the game and might be keen to test their skills against the best - (while i'm not one of them) there are some Amazing players in the community - they also have modified the original game (rom) and produced modified versions of it with different team colours / player names / player ratings ....... this is only an overview theres much more...... so anyone interested should check it all out on http://www.nhl94online.com/ ...there's also a Discord server called "NHL 94" - it's also on Facebook :)

Advertisement