Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gone :(

• 17-03-1999 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

my g/f is goin home to Israel this summer sad.gif...ill most likely never see her again after that. I know ill definately write to her and all that but it doesnt seem like enuf. i'm sure u know that when yar my age u feel that when someone goes out of your life theyll be the last person you'll ever luv...i know ill find someone else but im just not sure how to handle her leaving cos she's so important to me.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tis a bad buzz amn - been there done that (kinda). Herself's off in forigen climes and isn't gonna be back for ages sad.gif

But, I s'pose I'm luckier than you in that she's commin' back...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Been there not one but twice - one American and one Spainish. It sucks big time. I'd love to say how you should handle her leaving, but to be honest, I don't know. The main thing is to stay in contact and possible visit her at some stage within the first year.

Dunno if that's any good...

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt, desperately trying to lose it cos it's naff.

I was about 16, and an American girl staying in Ireland for the summer was the significant other. I thought I was going to die at the end of August when she went home... it was the first *serious* relationship I'd ever had, see. She had no email, so the phone bills went skywards for a few months. Then it dropped off... I haven't spoken to her in over a year. In ways it's sad, but I've found someone else whom I love very much.

Here's the ****er. At the end of this year, I leave the country, go to Scotland for 3 years, and then to Japan, while this person is going to UCD to study commerce. I'm in bits about it already, to be honest. This time it's me on the leaving end - and it's twice as hard, because I know the pain that I'm putting someone I love through by doing it.

Life, in summation, is a b1tch.

Ja na,
    Shin-chan

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahhh know the feelin too well.
    she was everything. she left me to study horses (hence my unrational hatred of horses) in england. i was madly in love with her and she with me. that was 7 years ago. i still love her and if she came back and wanted to see me i know id drop everything to be with her.
    so bob, lets face it.... yer f*cked!
    time to leave the cokes alone and do some serious 'forget life for a while' drinking.
    try domestos, you wont feel anything for months, and the nurses in the mater are cute too smile.gif
    white(all horses should be glue or dogfood)wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i think youre all a bit weird talking of your loved ones in such a way, in such a place

• Advertisement

Why?

What makes it weird in the slightest, may I ask?

ohhhh you know why, if you dont i pity you

Hmm... as a troll, I give it 2 out of 10. It's not very good really, and innovation factor is nil. Keep at it though, and one day you might be a really good troll, detested by one and all. Follow your dreams...

Ja na,
    Shin-chan

ehhhhhh, after reading that last post, and all your other annoying posts shinji, i can forgive you for thinking that talking about how your life was crushed by your girlfriend walking out on your life on a board full of strangers is normal,

P.S
    you suck nearly as much as hobbes (nearly)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

But Trollboy, I thought it was you who wanted to suck me.

• Advertisement

Ahh, I see the problem.

Your definition of "strangers" and mine is different. I don't necessarily consider all these people strangers, just because I've only met them briefly on a face-to-face basis. You, on the other hand, obviously have a problem with such complicated concepts as friendships etc. Ahh well, nothing a good shrink can't sort out for you, so it isn't too much to worry about.

I suck almost as much as Hobbes? Given how completely sound Hobbes is, I can only take that as a compliment coming from a muppet like you. Cheers mate.

Mata ne!
    Shin-chan

Maybe someday you'll understand Damo tongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

damo, ive met a good few of these ppl in real life...so why is talking to them about my relationships such a big deal?

"Your definition of "strangers" and mine is different. I don't necessarily consider all these people strangers, just because I've only met them briefly on a face-to-face basis.", so after a few brief meetings you consider them qualified to talk about their failed sexual relations with you?

"You, on the other hand, obviously have a problem with such complicated concepts as friendships etc. Ahh well, nothing a good shrink can't sort out for you, so it isn't too much to worry about."

errrrrrrr yeah.......

" suck almost as much as Hobbes? Given how completely sound Hobbes is, I can only take that as a compliment coming from a muppet like you. Cheers mate."

HOBBES WENT TO THAT FUKING IQCL FINALS THING WITH AN AXE MADE OUT OF CARDBOARD AND TINFOIL!!!

"But Trollboy, I thought it was you who wanted to suck me."

no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"damo, ive met a good few of these ppl in real life...so why is talking to them about my relationships such a big deal? "

emmmm you met them to play a computer game right?........

mate ne!!!!

Damo-chan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

dont pick on damo dayer cos he has done a lot of work for the community, he is an icon of the community leaders , and with regard to his energetic community drive i dont think there is anyone here who cares as much about the community as damo, so i feel he is entitled to an opinion on all the people here , etc.
    in his opinion, you are all lifeless and totally suck but his zeal for community life and his readiness to give up anything for the community i feel that he should be entitled to his opinion.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A ****ING CASTLE OFF ME? EHHHHHHHH ?
    EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?
    DAMO LIVE WITH ME IN MY CASTLE!!

YOU MEAN IT!!!! YOU SAVED UP THE GOLD COINS TO BUY HOBBES CASTLE OFF OF HIM??????

IN FACT I KILLED A WOOD-MONKEY AND BOUGHT 30000 COINS WITH THE CARCASS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

HOBBES WENT TO THAT FUKING IQCL FINALS THING WITH AN AXE MADE OUT OF CARDBOARD AND TINFOIL!!!

Whats your point?

Look Damo I seriously don't know what your problem is, but I suggest you seek help and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

no, i've met them for a few drinks aswell. Anyway this is pointless, and its no business of yours to comment on who i should and shouldnt talk to about my relationships.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

dam0 stop being a ****in ****
    jesus....
    if u dont feel comfortable talkin about hecate's sexual relationships DONT ****IN REPLY TO THE POST!!

sep youre hardly one to be telling ppl not to reply to post's... being the author of most of the brainless replies on the quake board (haha)

errr sep? shutup like?, anyone talking to you?, and hecate if you post on a "public" board, it is my business seeing as i would generally be counted as one of the "public"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

koopa. on adra boards
    u must be lost

sorry dam0 smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I thought hobbes axe was cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

yes but you are sad

I'd have liked to see Hobbes axe - a groovy idea! Anyway, Damo's a Troll (or so I hear)

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

actually getting back to the topic of the post (if thats allowed!). About a woman leaving before the realtionship is over. I'm going through that right now even though it ended in august (SeP can testify coz I've been boring him to tears for months about her). The only reason i'm putting a post to this thread its not to say "yeah me 2" but to actually offer a few snipets from a conversation that I had just last weekend with a good friend of mine.

Before I could finish telling him the story he was able to finish it for me. Basickly this happens like a dozen times until you find a real soul mate. Hmmm i dunno sounds pretty true to me coz if you think of most of the realtionships that apply to this thread werent they mostly full of sex and not to much serious conversation? I can only speak for myself but I have a sneaking suspicision that this is the case.

wow that was a long post!

Eamonn "ChRoMe" Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Listen give damo a break here ! It was just his opinion and i dont blmae him for thinkin it was strange ! I came into thsi folder and thought it was strange too because those past experiences , i would thought might still hurt and are very personal, so why express them publicly??
    Of course you are entitled to it but why open up wounds if there any there ??It kinda doesnt make sense !
    Just give him a break anyway ok !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmmm, the only thing I can see in this thread that could be considered weird is the fact that there are 5 posts in a row , 4 of them replies, and not one of them contained the phrase 'ha ha ha Taaaaaaaaake iiiiit!'. That may be weird (compared to the other boards) but it is not necessarily a bad thing.

What someone wants to discuss and where they want to discuss it is their own choice. Personally I would not discuss personal things on a board as 'public' as this mainly because peeps like damo would read it and feel compelled to boost their own ego by putting down others. Well, not only that, I have also never met *any* of the quake community (apart from the CD lads and Draco and Imp who were friends of mine long before quake). I prefer a quiet discussion (or a drunken binge!).

As far as an axe is concerned, haven't you ever heard of a strange concept called 'fun' which involves a 'sense of huuuu-mourrrr'? Or is that just too weird for you to comprehend? Though , in truth, sometimes things can go too far... full suits of chainmail just for the fun of it spring to mind (and before you say anything, no! that was not all that made it go too far..).

So, no advice from me, and no shared experiences. Just a note to say, don't mind the rabble, the plebians will always try to reduce what they cannot understand to their own sordid level.

BTW: what does Mate Ne mean anyway?

Hei Hun!

smile.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement