Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red Cow "riot"

• 02-01-2020 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭

Some snaps and vids about of a massive incident at an event in the Row Cow Morans hotel .
    Dozens of garda cars and the garda helicopter in attendance.

Yet, no mention of it on any MSM news reports (nationally anyway) !?

This report, and the footage of the brawls in Dublin city centre over the previous few nights is not good.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's just another night that way. There's incidents quite regularly outside the nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

This is the diversity you wanted. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAM0B6RuQU8

Is this the incident referred to?
    Certainly a lot of AGS present.
    I'm sure they would be needed elsewhere rather than trying to sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Someone got served a pint of ribena by mistake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

It's Cow of Colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Really really really really really dark Navy Cow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

elperello wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAM0B6RuQU8

Is this the incident referred to?
    Certainly a lot of AGS present.
    I'm sure they would be needed elsewhere rather than trying to sort this out.

Eejits standing there trying to video it instead of getting themselves away from it. Gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Funkytown.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The nightclub in the red cow (under whatever name it's going by at the time) is well known as a kip and has **** like this going back the 20 years since I've been old enough to drink. The blue banana in the village was similar

If the papers wrote a story about every big kick off in a nightclub , they could have a dedicated paper.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Diversity my balls. The Red Cow, the Spawell and Cocos were are like this when I went there the odd time in the 90s. This is nothing new, only the faces are new.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

The nightclub in the red cow (under whatever name it's going by at the time) is well known as a kip and has **** like this going back the 20 years since I've been old enough to drink. The blue banana in the village was similar

If the papers wrote a story about every big kick off in a nightclub , they could have a dedicated paper.

Absolutely. The Blue Banana was even worse, we were afraid to go there.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

It won’t be in the news cause they don’t want to be seen as racists by reporting it. Shocking scenes.

Eejits standing there trying to video it instead of getting themselves away from it. Gob****es.

A strange modern reaction to any sort of incident.
    I must say the last thing I would do in a situation like that is to take out a €500 phone and start videoing.
    In the middle of something like that you need eyes in the back of your head and to get away ASAP.

Brian? wrote: »
    This is nothing new, only the faces are new.

Your face is new ..

Telly wrote: »
    It won’t be in the news cause they don’t want to be seen as racists by reporting it. Shocking scenes.

You think every nightclub fight is newsworthy?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Oh my god a fight at a nightclub why isnt it all over the media?? It must be because they're black! I f*cking knew it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Oh my god a fight at a nightclub why isnt it all over the media?? It must be because they're black! I f*cking knew it!

Well , they are black.
    Theres 20 garda cars there, and a helicopter !
    Do they attend every fight at every nightclub?

Maybe the Guards are racist too then …… ?! :rolleyes:
    Or due to the amount of these mass brawls going on , they decide that it time (about time) they start kicking heads !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,441 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Diversity my balls. The Red Cow, the Spawell and Cocos were are like this when I went there the odd time in the 90s. This is nothing new, only the faces are new.

Perhaps.

That does not mean we, as a society, should shrug our shoulders and say "they happen to be of African extraction, so what?".

This does not bode well for integration and what you are seeing in Ireland is the embryonic beginning of the trouble in other western European countries some of which have been dealing with for decades involving social disorder and rioting in minority communities.

That is something we need to be concerned about and burying our heads in the sand is not the answer.

I don't like seeing this like most.

Most troubling from my perspective is whether the gardai and the justice system are properly equipped to deal with it. I'm sure i'm not the only one with concerns in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Same carry on that has really escalated in other European capital cities of late.

Ghettos and no go areas, burning cars, attacking innocent citizens.
    Its not a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Indeed. It's a well known fact that there was never a fight in a nightclub in Ireland before de fordiners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,420 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Indeed. It's a well known fact that there was never a fight in a nightclub in Ireland before de fordiners.

True, we had enough of our own problems without importing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

African Gangs and Travellers openly rioting and causing havoc is becoming common place. Multiple incidents in Dublin lately.

If anyone has an issue with the wording of my post they can fook right off. I don't want to see this city at the rate of decline it seems to be heading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

20 garda cars and the helicopter for a simple pub fight.. you can show some video evidence of something of a similar magnitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'm surprised at people's surprise

Just how many of these breakouts happened around the city with the heralding of a new year alone. Where are we going with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Ah, the faces were new in 72 yet I'd spin them @45 anyday over Diversity ;)
    Stay with me....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Place always was and will always be a shíthole, no matter what name it's going by!

It has nothing to do with "diversity" it's just an arsehole magnet due it's location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

elperello wrote: »
    A strange modern reaction to any sort of incident.
    I must say the last thing I would do in a situation like that is to take out a €500 phone and start videoing.
    In the middle of something like that you need eyes in the back of your head and to get away ASAP.

It's completely normal, aggression and fighting is part of their lives.

Hoboo wrote: »
    It's completely normal, aggression and fighting is part of their lives.

Young people need to learn the ancient art of self preservation.

ie. when trouble starts exit stage left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

20 garda cars and the helicopter for a simple pub fight.. you can show some video evidence of something of a similar magnitude?

We have armed Garda support in Longford now. And it ain’t for the ‘Foreigner’ population. I’m sure there’s plenty of video evidence of that too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement