Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to solve leeches sucking the system dry

• 17-12-2019 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

No, not that kind.

I have aquatic worms in my water tank system in my attic drinking all the water before it flows into my shower/bath. Anyone know how i can solve this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

No, not that kind.

I have aquatic worms in my water tank system in my attic drinking all the water before it flows into my shower/bath. Anyone know how i can solve this problem?

Fire and lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You must have a leak somewhere else.

If the worms are inside the tank, then it's a closed system. The water they drink must be coming out of their rear ends and back into the tank.

If there's no water coming into your shower or bath, then there's a blockage or leak between the tank and the shower. The worms aren't impacting the volume of water in the system at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Fire and lots of it.
    ITS IN WATER ...WE NEED WATERFIRE!

Boil them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

No, not that kind.

I know it may appear too drastic to some, but have you considered getting the leeches sterilised?

That way at least the problem will solve itself with time, as opposed to them breeding and multiplying, perhaps causing infentations in your neighbours system or even further afield.

• Advertisement

riemann wrote: »
    I know it may appear too drastic to some, but have you considered getting the leeches sterilised?

That way at least the problem will solve itself with time, as opposed to them breeding and multiplying, perhaps causing infentations in your neighbours system or even further afield.
    Would require tiny surgeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ah here. Was expecting this to be a dole bashing thread.

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Ah here. Was expecting this to be a dole bashing thread.
    It might get there yet.

And in that case ....I will decide who the real worms are! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

brilliant:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,357 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Have you consulted a plumber?

• Advertisement

brilliant:pac:

I suggest you are not familiar with the reproductive system of the worm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Dole needs to be on a sliding scale, cut it off after 18 months.

You know aquatic worms eat a lot of the worlds bacteria. Without them we would be a lot sicker.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Dole needs to be on a sliding scale, cut it off after 18 months.

Like the aquatic worm your average dolee goes a lot of good in the world. A lot of them are caring for children that would otherwise bother us or old people that would try and regale us with their stories.

They are the fabric of society ..the damn that keeps the water back.

If we made everyone go to work. Society as we know it would collapse.

I am sorry ...but you haven't thought this through.

You need them more than they need you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

ITS IN WATER ...WE NEED WATERFIRE!

Jeez , we haven't had to use the waterfire in a long time.

Could someone explain this :

Person (A) has depression or tendencies that way or other mental health issues.

Why instead of helping themselves, mindfulness, an attitude of gratitude, walking, cooking or any uplifting way of minding and taking care of themselves they take to ruminating and or ranting about those on welfare watching want others have and resenting it, imagining what others have and resenting as a coping mechanism.

Its even more puzzling when its an obviously intelligent person who must have some insight to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

No, not that kind.

The same way you solve the other leech problem. Nuke them

mariaalice wrote: »

Why instead of helping themselves, mindfulness, an attitude of gratitude, walking, cooking or any uplifting way of minding and taking care of themselves they take to ruminating and or ranting about those on welfare watching want others have and resenting it, imagining what others have and resenting as a coping mechanism.

Its even more puzzling when its an obviously intelligent person who must have some insight to themselves.

Erm, are you in the right thread?

Jeez , we haven't had to use the waterfire in a long time.

I am not even sure i can remember the incantations to work the kettle!

Maybe they want to be on welfare. Good point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Could someone explain this
    Blaming external actors for personal dissatisfaction is far easier than introspection, because it requires no action and doesn't impact the ego.

It's a form of denial and it's a really easy rabbit hole to get sucked into if you're surrounded by lots of other people who also blame external factors for their unhappiness.

seamus wrote: »
    Blaming external actors for personal dissatisfaction is far easier than introspection, because it requires no action and doesn't impact the ego.

It's a form of denial and it's a really easy rabbit hole to get sucked into if you're surrounded by lots of other people who also blame external factors for their unhappiness.

Vibes, get the waterfire!!!

Vibes, get the waterfire!!!

Lads get this down ya ..it'll be alright.

Ij_fiSj2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I would add bleach, and leave overnight, then flush the system. Flush through the cold tap in the bathroom not through the showerhead though.

enfield wrote: »
    I would add bleach, and leave overnight, then flush the system. Flush through the cold tap in the bathroom not through the showerhead though.

I did a vegan cleanse that was like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

May need a referendum.

kneemos wrote: »
    May need a referendum.

The ZOMBIE army of the republic INSIST on a referendum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Picking the leeches of the inside of the tank one by one is great for the ould mindfulness. Pure zen.
    Almost the same level of deep inner satisfaction as one might have on hanging up the phone after dobbing a chancer into the welfare people.

topper75 wrote: »
    Picking the leeches of the inside of the tank one by one is great for the ould mindfulness. Pure zen.
    Almost the same level of deep inner satisfaction as one might have on hanging up the phone after dobbing a chancer into the welfare people.

Resentful ruminating about what others have as a form of zen meditation interesting had not thought of that so when they do their 10 minutes they say ..'im grand off for a walk now' is that it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Advertisement