Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Lexus seats (not mine). Bit of an improvement of bus seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

As the wild wind howls and the rain sheets in sideways, very very happy I can stay inside and that I have abundance of everything I need.

Also a destination for all the Christmas bells I have been knitting; my family in Canada are adding them to the parcels they give for the-so-many very needy families there at Christmas.

Happy times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Luna Cold Boat

Phone rings.

"Hi Dad...passing your way..,.want me to pick up the paper and save you going out in that downpour?"

A no brainer. Not having to venture out, daughter and two grandchildren stopping by and Mrs S is baking fruit soda farls. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ah my little grandson,hes getting cuter by the day.His little personality is really starting to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Even tho I didnt think to leave them out, I at least put the sausages for my saturday treat on the top basket, so easy to find when I was looking earlier.

There is coleslaw in the fridge, I might go all out dirty eating and make curry sauce to go with it.

• Advertisement

Not up to baking just now but assembled a no-bake flapjack that really hit the spot... Oh and managed to unblock the sink..and as my hands were cold, knitted a pair of simple " sleevies" for wrists..

Small happies make for happy,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just arrived at my hotel in Sligo, having a grumble to myself as there’s a wedding on and they’ve taken over the foyer, hoping they won’t be too noisy and the check in guy never even acknowledged I’m here for a few nights, grumble grumble grumble. Knock on the door, half a grumble... room service hands me a plate of mini fancies and a note welcoming me to the hotel. No more grumbles! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Ordered a regular hot chocolate, paid for a regular hot chocolate but was given a large hot chocolate:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

There's hope for us yet

She is the most thoughtful child I've ever met. If only everyone was like her!

Reese's Nut Bar is my TH this evening. Delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My 75yr old mother watching Frozen so that she can come to the cinema with us to watch Frozen 2 at the end of the month :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Seeing women participating in the Grand Slam of Darts.

Suzuki, even though she narrowly lost against Price just there, played absolutely brilliantly and I think put on a great show of the standard that female dart players can play at.

Found €50 in a coat pocket. It has to be there since about March.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    My 75yr old mother watching Frozen so that she can come to the cinema with us to watch Frozen 2 at the end of the month :)

Im going just so i can listen to Panic! At The Disco sing "Into The Unknown"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Bounty soft baked cookies.

Toast with butter and marmalade at 1 am, listening to the mighty ocean throwing rocks about behind the dwelling as my feet warm up.... Life is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Great chat with my mam and aunt tonight. Used to be very close to my aunt but just because of distance we haven't seen one another in a while so it was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Parkrun with the 3 chicks......can't beat a run in the morning to start the day........for the chicks....lol lol

I'll be at the start line holding the water bottles proudly watching them....lol lol

The Sun's up. It could be Spring.

That warm glow you feel when going indoors after a walk on a frosty morning.

A lie in

• Advertisement

That the fire is lit, a meal ready to heat., cat alongside me abed.. oh and an extremely complicated bank form filled in and ready to post.... happiness in triplicate! OPPS@ I meant quadruplicate not triplicate! Too many blessings to count!

off to Mass at Killarney Cathedral...

Apparently we're going for a walk to "make some melatonin".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I bought some lovely things for Christmas presents in my local Aldi. I'm gone too old now for traipsing around in the cold and rain, going from shop to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Aaah...these pictures and this music.

https://twitter.com/aidanosulliva15/status/1193485010554294275?s=21

...and for the ones without t‘witter....

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1193485010554294275.html

This and a cuppa helps to survive a grey sunday afternoon.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The stove is roasting, and the radiators are hopping. Looking at my cats and dog, blissed out in the warmth, a sense of contentment all around. I wouldn't call the Queen my aunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Chips and cuddy sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Playing laser light with my cat.

To thine own self be true

When the dog does that thing where he's falling asleep but he can't keep his head up and he keeps waking himself up

Listening to the rain beating a tattoo, while cosy in front of a fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Spent most of the day in my happy place....cooked a roast dinner....then made a Baileys & Maltesers cheesecake and finished off with an Apple Spiced cake.....Herself and chicks are happy so that naturally means I'm happy....cos that's how life really works lol lol

Advertisement