Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poshest/Richest Town in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mainly South Dublin

Adare offers a persuasive argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Adare offers a persuasive argument.
    It ain't no Malahide though! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Would have thought dalkey or one of the south east dublin coastal towns

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dalkey/killiney

• Advertisement

Dalkey/killiney
    Povos!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Kinsale would be up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Gort.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Dalkey/killiney

I was in kiliney last week for the first time, it's very nice but I expected more, suspect dalkey is a step above.

Malahide is statistically the wealthiest place in the country in terms of average residents income.

Kinvarra is highest in the west, that sort of surprises me as its a considerable distance from Galway city, thought it would be barna or salthill, gort is as close to the city as Kinvarra

Shrewsbury Road!

• Advertisement

Gort.
    Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Kinvara does be having notions of itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    I was in kiliney last week for the first time, it's very nice but I expected more, suspect dalkey is a step above.

Malahide is statistically the wealthiest place in the country in terms of average residents income.

Kinvarra is highest in the west, that sort of surprises me as its a considerable distance from Galway city, thought it would be barna or salthill, gort is as close to the city as Kinvarra

Kinvara has a lot of money that's for sure, there's a lot of old money and it's a magnet for English and wealthy European retiree's....

Noveight wrote: »
    Kinvara does be having notions of itself.
    We like notions in this thread! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Clifden qualfies,, The second snobbiest Supervalu after Dingle... Never went back in after seeing the live lobsters in a tank.... almost called PETA.

BUT a lot of lovely small shops etc and the spires of the two churches aloft .. elegant and clearly prosperous,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Barna, Cappagh Road, Taylor's Hill of Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Blackrock, Donneybrook, Ballsbridge and Kiliney.

Is there a single social housing unit among them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

ToddyDoody wrote: »

Is there a single social housing unit among them?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Another vote for Taylors Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Yes

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Graces7 wrote: »
    Clifden qualfies,, The second snobbiest Supervalu after Dingle... Never went back in after seeing the live lobsters in a tank.... almost called PETA.

I'd like to back you up on the Dingle claim but I was far too drunk from the moment I set foot there to notice anything. It's 90% pub by volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Tipperary Town. Some amount of wealth around that way. Full of TOWIE type snobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What's Delgany and Newtown Mountkennedy like,they sound posh.

I judge the wealth of an area on the bistro count. The poorer the place, the more neglected and boarded up store fronts. The wealthier the place, the greater the number of bistros and cafe's. Bonus wealth points for pavement seating, and more if flowering planters and awnings are in place.

I think there a few 'burbs on the Southside of Dublin that would give Malahide a run for it's money, but they're not towns so they don't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

What's Delgany and Newtown Mountkennedy like,they sound posh.

Delgany is quite posh. Used to be full of Protestants. Now it's full of middle-class mummies and daddies whose kids all have very Irish names and very American accents.

Newtownmountkennedy... isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The nicest places are those that many of us have never heard of or seen. Think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

The nicest places are those that many of us have never heard of or seen. Think about it.

Like brigadoon? Ooh! Do the wealthy have secret filters that make rich places invisible to the poor?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Rathkeale Christmas week must be up there.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    nah same as any south dub suburb really

• Advertisement

Newtownmountkennedy... isn't.

now yer talking now we ballin! :cool:

Advertisement