Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gross pay/ pay for income tax

• 08-04-2021 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently applying for a mortgage.

I see from my revenue that my gross pay is X and my pay for income tax is Y.

Gross pay is the higher figure.

What figure would I be using as my salary figure?

5K in the difference.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭DataDude

thestar wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently applying for a mortgage.

I see from my revenue that my gross pay is X and my pay for income tax is Y.

Gross pay is the higher figure.

What figure would I be using as my salary figure?

5K in the difference.

Thanks

Usually this relates to non-taxable deductions from your gross pay (pension contribution most likely). They’ll use the higher gross pay figure for the purposes of a mortgage calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

DataDude wrote: »
    Usually this relates to non-taxable deductions from your gross pay (pension contribution most likely). They’ll use the higher gross pay figure for the purposes of a mortgage calculation.
    That's correct re the mortgage application but assume that's a typo saying pension is a non-taxable deduction? Because the difference here is the higher amount is subject to USC and lower amount subject to income tax most likely due to pension contributions

Advertisement