Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommendations Door frames & Doors Supply & Fit

• 03-04-2021 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've got three pine interior door frames and doors on the ground floor of my three bed semi detached house which I would like to have replaced with oak.

I've stripped down the area to the concrete floor and removed the saddle boards which I won't be having on the replacements,

The hall and kitchen will be tiles and living room; semi solid flooring, however all of that is currently on hold as I need to get the door frames in.

I'm looking for recommendations now of places that can supply and fit some oak door frames with a choice of doors,
    Preferably rebated door frames rather than the plain frame with strip nailed on as is currently the construction of the pine.

Thanks in advance for response,
    Also if anyone can provide a rough estimate I'd appreciate that too,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Murphy Larkin sell solid Oak rebated door frame @189, and Oak doors from 120 to 400, hinges and handles 50 to whatever you want, I don't know what they charge for fitting , probably 150 upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Murphy Larkin sell solid Oak rebated door frame @189, and Oak doors from 120 to 400, hinges and handles 50 to whatever you want, I don't know what they charge for fitting , probably 150 upwards.

Hi,
    Thanks for responding that's excellent; I'll have a look,
    I need to get them done soon as everything else is now held up until they go in.
    Thanks for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Hi,
    Just returning to say thank you very much for your recommendation towards Murphy Larkin,
    I logged on to there website soon after reading this thread and was able to order everything required for the improvements we wanted to make to downstairs,

The staff were very helpful and they delivered everything within two weeks order all arrived in there own van with a very accommodating delivery man whom put everything where we wanted it inside the house,

There fitting service is booked up for the foreseeable future they said,
    So we sourced a local carpenter whom is doing a fantastic job in fitting today and returning tomorrow

pnhuUQeBj

pouVjocrj

pno80uqJj

pnJ1j8nVj

pne7fHxAj

The steel designer Radiator's & valves are manufactured by Milano purchased via bestheating.ie much improved heat output compared to standard due to the increased surface-air contact from there independent banister design, the wall can be saw through the gaps in the radiators.
    Just thought I'd add that information incase future readers are interested.
    And the sample pot of neon red paint was used to mark the location of heating pipes and sattelite cables running inside the wall at the back of the skirting to be sure no nails are driven at that point.

poaMFYx5j

I've gotten 3 metre lengths of skirting boards from Murphy Larkin so there's no joints mid section on the walls, all clean lines, going to look sweet

Edit with updated pictures of the following day,
    Looks excellent, just haven't got the kitchen door fitted yet because the leed time for the one we wanted was twelve weeks with Murphy Larkin, so we bought it from a different supplier whom sent out the wrong size and now we're chasing them for the correct one .

pogFqGlGj

pmaebAecj

pmSEx5Daj

pn9sxoJZj

pm08Fb0Sj

Advertisement